☼ Hedon 1.5.2 (Now on GOG) ☼

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: ☼ Hedon 1.3.2 (Steam Release!) ☼

Postby NTSM » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:26 am

Zan wrote:Yeah the Shadow Abhaoth was there as an easter egg thingy to mess with explorers.

There's several other easter eggs and stuff like that, but I don't want to spoil anything. Most of them have been found, but there's still few that remain hidden.

You do not have to spoil anything. ^-^
My Advice only ... No Game can have enough Easter Eggs. :D 8-)
NTSM

Discord: NoBi-ThE-SoLo-MaStEr#2259
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ☼ Hedon 1.3.2 (Steam Release!) ☼

Postby Zan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:41 am

Well, as long as they're implemented in a tasteful and non intrusive way, sure :^)
Zan

Discord: Zan#0149

Re: ☼ Hedon 1.5.2 (Now on GOG) ☼

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Hey there ..when somebody wants to play the release version 1.6.0 after buying on gog can he do so with a source port like gzdoom or lzdoom or is it only playable as a standalone game via exe?
Ferretmanjcdenton

Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby Captain J » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:05 pm

Speaking of release version, i think Zan should consider updating GZDoom inside of the Free Version. Just in case.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby NightFright » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:53 pm

Hedon can be run with recent GZD builds. I haven't played much with it, but the game starts and everything. The author also wrote that the changes he applied to the customized build are rather minor.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Postby Captain J » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:29 am

Again, just to make sure. The version of GZDoom the free one has is astonishing 3.4.1 and i think keeping up the launcher to date might be problem-free.

EDIT: I see... That's a relief.
Last edited by Captain J on Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Gez » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:53 am

The only changes added to the version of GZDoom shipped with Hedon is some minor cosmetic stuff like changing the name of the executable, using different default configuration settings, and hiding away some of the GZDoom options that are irrelevant to the game.

There isn't anything new that the game needs.
Gez

Postby twelvenipon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:03 am

i try your game and read comments and i got few ideas if you interested
1 - color effects for items , blue probably for armor items, green for healing items, purple for quest items
2 - options for mapmarkes visibility no based on dificulty for people to like more action then get lost, can be allways visible or mode 2 visible when found or mode 3 no visible
3 - why there is O2 bar when i am not underwater ? Will be nice if there be healt globe and then switch to O2 if underwater, can easily be done in sbarinfo
Spoiler:

4 - shield dont test if button is relased which is not ideal solution and cause hard to control, can be fixed with A_ReFire function

twelvenipon

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects