☼ Hedon 1.5.2 (Now on GOG) ☼

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ☼ Hedon 1.3.2 (Steam Release!) ☼

Post by NTSM »

Zan wrote:Yeah the Shadow Abhaoth was there as an easter egg thingy to mess with explorers.

There's several other easter eggs and stuff like that, but I don't want to spoil anything. Most of them have been found, but there's still few that remain hidden.
You do not have to spoil anything. ^-^
My Advice only ... No Game can have enough Easter Eggs. :D 8-)
Zan

Re: ☼ Hedon 1.3.2 (Steam Release!) ☼

Post by Zan »

Well, as long as they're implemented in a tasteful and non intrusive way, sure :^)
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: ☼ Hedon 1.5.2 (Now on GOG) ☼

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Hey there ..when somebody wants to play the release version 1.6.0 after buying on gog can he do so with a source port like gzdoom or lzdoom or is it only playable as a standalone game via exe?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Speaking of release version, i think Zan should consider updating GZDoom inside of the Free Version. Just in case.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Hedon can be run with recent GZD builds. I haven't played much with it, but the game starts and everything. The author also wrote that the changes he applied to the customized build are rather minor.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Again, just to make sure. The version of GZDoom the free one has is astonishing 3.4.1 and i think keeping up the launcher to date might be problem-free.

EDIT: I see... That's a relief.
Last edited by Captain J on Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

The only changes added to the version of GZDoom shipped with Hedon is some minor cosmetic stuff like changing the name of the executable, using different default configuration settings, and hiding away some of the GZDoom options that are irrelevant to the game.

There isn't anything new that the game needs.
twelvenipon

Post by twelvenipon »

i try your game and read comments and i got few ideas if you interested
1 - color effects for items , blue probably for armor items, green for healing items, purple for quest items
2 - options for mapmarkes visibility no based on dificulty for people to like more action then get lost, can be allways visible or mode 2 visible when found or mode 3 no visible
3 - why there is O2 bar when i am not underwater ? Will be nice if there be healt globe and then switch to O2 if underwater, can easily be done in sbarinfo
Spoiler:
4 - shield dont test if button is relased which is not ideal solution and cause hard to control, can be fixed with A_ReFire function

BigV140bpm
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BigV140bpm »

Hey man, discovered this game through Civvie 11 and Ggmanlives on youtube and this is just PURELY SIIIICK. I will definitely save up to buy this game soon :)))))))))

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”