☼ Hedon 1.5.2 (Now on GOG) ☼

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zan

Re: ☼ Hedon (1.2.0 Released!) ☼

Post by Zan »

1.2.0 is up! Check the main post for info.

TL;DR: Important bugfixes, custom crosshairs, tweaks and balancing and most importantly - ambient sound overhaul for all the levels :D
Jayrassic Park

Re: ☼ Hedon 1.2.0 (Now on Linux too!) ☼

Post by Jayrassic Park »

Minor comments, since I'm still working my way through, but there's two bugs I noticed in Errant Signal:
Spoiler:
This is all on GZDooM 4.

I'll save my comments about keyhunting and level direction until after I'm done, I think.
Zan

Re: ☼ Hedon 1.2.0 (Now on Linux too!) ☼

Post by Zan »

Weird, all messages are coded to log so maybe it's a GZDoom 4 bug if you say you're running it with it?
And I've fixed the other issue hopefully, thanks!
Zan

Re: ☼ Hedon 1.3.1 (Steam Release!) ☼

Post by Zan »

Hedon's released on Steam guys! Thanks to everyone who supported the development!

It's the latest version (check the new stuff in the changelog in the main post). You can obviously still get 1.2.0 for free on IndieDB and itch.io
Still using GZDoom 3.4.1 for various reasons, but the future chapter will be moved to the latest engine version, whenever it will get in the works.
Have fun!
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Zan wrote:Hedon's released on Steam guys! Thanks to everyone who supported the development!

It's the latest version (check the new stuff in the changelog in the main post). You can obviously still get 1.2.0 for free on IndieDB and itch.io
Still using GZDoom 3.4.1 for various reasons, but the future chapter will be moved to the latest engine version, whenever it will get in the works.
Have fun!
Oh shit I didn't think you would get on Steam this soon, gratz Zan! :mrgreen:
Kroc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kroc »

Please consider submitting to GoG: https://www.gog.com/indie -- I'm excited to see you take this commercial, you deserve it, but I don't like DRM and prefer not to buy things on Steam!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I will definitely be buying a gift copy of this game as soon as I can afford it. The amount of work invested into this thing is definitely worth it. :)
Zan

Post by Zan »

Thanks a lot guys!
Hedon doesn't have any DRM on Steam afaik, at least from my part. Basically you can just remove the game from the steam app folder and play it. At least for me it worked.
will183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win-10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by will183 »

Oooh you sneaky sneaky, I saw you get rid of that painting in the great stump once i walked past it :P
Zan

Post by Zan »

will183 wrote:Oooh you sneaky sneaky, I saw you get rid of that painting in the great stump once i walked past it :P
There's a bunch of level manipulation around, but most of it is subtle and not meant to be noticed by the player ;p
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by TDRR »

Zan wrote: Still using GZDoom 3.4.1 for various reasons, but the future chapter will be moved to the latest engine version, whenever it will get in the works.
Have fun!
If the reasons are either performance or old hardware compatibility, consider switching to LZDoom.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i just so happened to have had money to get this on Steam
Zan

Post by Zan »

Interesting, I'll keep an eye on it.
Also planning to switch to GZDoom 4 for the next episode release, so I can have plenty of time to adapt to it and iron out any potential bugs caused in the first episode.
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ☼ Hedon 1.3.2 (Steam Release!) ☼

Post by NTSM »

Dear Zan ...
Can it be that in Map04 (Technical Space) we have to help a restless Blacksmith to get some nice Items? :D Nice Secret, in fact. ^-^ I also like Ghost Stories. ^-^

I also like the art of sprites in the game.
Really good Job! ^-^

WOW!
And a hostile Shadow Abhaoth hiding in an inscription in Map05 suddenly appears? (quite unreachable without cheating) Was this actor for testing purposes?
What else is hidden? :D
Zan

Re: ☼ Hedon 1.3.2 (Steam Release!) ☼

Post by Zan »

Yeah the Shadow Abhaoth was there as an easter egg thingy to mess with explorers.

There's several other easter eggs and stuff like that, but I don't want to spoil anything. Most of them have been found, but there's still few that remain hidden.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”