Super Dude-Shooter: The Omni-Revenge

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TerminusEst13

Super Dude-Shooter: The Omni-Revenge

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Originally designed for ResistJam, and then Infinity Jam after that fell apart for completely predictable reasons, Super Dude-Shooter is a single-player one-level tech demo of platformers on the GZDGPL engine, using Freedoom as a base.
The gameplay is very much in the style of a run-and-gun platformer with guns and directional aiming, like Contra except with health. There's also the start of a poignant story of unfair separation between a robot and his true love, and his rising up to resist against the bourgeois that's forced him into action, but we mostly cut it to make room for more dudes to shoot.
Theoretically, it can be run in GZDoom fine, but the pitch stuff will be messed up due to reasons I haven't bothered to fix, so it's not suggested unless you want an extra challenge.

There was originally intended to be much more in-depth and then released as a template + sample game for folks to take a stab at doing their own platformer stuff, and if you crack this .pk3 open you can see a WHOLE LOT of unused stuff inside...but then Nash came out with his own thing, and frankly Nash actually knows what he's doing! So I figure I'll release what I've got now. Hey, the game jam's over, anyway. :D
Maybe it'll be continued in the future? It'd certainly be interesting...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4p2zW ... sp=sharing - 32-Bit build (24.1mb)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4p2zW ... sp=sharing - 64-Bit build (25.0mb)
https://terminusest13.itch.io/super-dud ... ni-revenge - Itch.io page.
Spoiler: CREDITS
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nash

Re: Super Dude-Shooter: The Omni-Revenge

Post by Nash »

Just played through this, really fun! Would have loved to see a full game.
MrIcarus

Post by MrIcarus »

I like the part where you shoot dudes.
SleepyPiggy64

Post by SleepyPiggy64 »

I'm glad this is a thing.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Looks good are ypu gonna be having custom enemies to this too?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”