The Reconquest [1.1c] (Now with Arena)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
krokots

Re: The Reconquest [1.1c] (Now with Arena)

Post by krokots »

Well crap, glad that somebody did put some time into this. I made it when I still was a non experienced programmer (I still am but year of programming had a huge impact), and the interface is absolutely horrible, no mouse support hits hard. I will not update this project, I think, but if I ever have some spare time for ANOTHER Doom mod (Familiar Doom is my main project nowdays), I may rebuild this from scratch, with way more user-friendly UI's and stuff. Glad you had some fun!
chillydeathdude

Post by chillydeathdude »

i must admit, this is a very well done mod. i feel the arena mode needs more things though, such as two more lanes of separate monsters that you can place for larger battles and possible the ability to change to the biome arenas as well!
nakkemake

Post by nakkemake »

Does not work with 4.3.3 Crashes at new game start. :?
krokots

Post by krokots »

nakkemake wrote:Does not work with 4.3.3 Crashes at new game start. :?
I just tested it with newest GZDoom (4.7.0) and it works, so...
contactadam

Post by contactadam »

krokots wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:42 pm
nakkemake wrote:Does not work with 4.3.3 Crashes at new game start. :?
I just tested it with newest GZDoom (4.7.0) and it works, so...
Is there a way I can make the doom monster stats as they are in the original game. So Cyberdemon rockets for instance should do up to 288 damage not 30-40. Apparently I can edit the mod files to do this?
krokots

Post by krokots »

Yes you can just edit it. Just copy the code from gzdoom.pk3 for example cyberdemon code.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”