Dead Man's Tears (DMT) - formerly The Killing Joke

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ReX

Re: The Killing Joke (WIP)

Post by ReX »

Very nicely-themed mod. I, too, like 60dollartechdemo expected to see Batman taking on the Joker. But then I was drawn in by the creepiness (creepitude?) of your mod - the sinister music, the pixellated 8-bit artwork, the carnival atmosphere.

Kudos.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Thank you everyone. Progress is still being made but I'm having some serious trouble getting my currency code to work. For some reason, the game wont boot up and I'm getting errors all over the place with currency.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Hidden Hands wrote:For some reason, the game wont boot up and I'm getting errors all over the place with currency.
the reason why wont boot up is because of your very poor coding skills, that's why
Last edited by Rachael on Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: warning issued
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

We all have our strengths and our weaknesses. You can't expect everyone to be good at every single little thing, especially with what is almost a one-man project.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Rachael wrote:We all have our strengths and our weaknesses. You can't expect everyone to be good at every single little thing, especially with what is almost a one-man project.
Thank you.

New progress is being made. Also, The Killing Joke now has an official website, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, so someone will have to answer that question for me. If not, I can always PM it to those who wish to join in order to keep up with what's happening in regular detail.

New monster has been added - a new clown that acts almost exactly the same as Giggles, but slightly different behaviour. New monsters are in progress, including some more "supernatural" carnival enemies. I'm working on creating a new monster called "Strongman" too, and also "Siamese Clown".

To the people who asked me to PM them, I will do, sorry for not doing so sooner, just been really busy.
cmw1986

Post by cmw1986 »

Hidden Hands wrote:New progress is being made. Also, The Killing Joke now has an official website, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, so someone will have to answer that question for me. If not, I can always PM it to those who wish to join in order to keep up with what's happening in regular detail.
Posting the link here to the official website seems fine to me. Don't really know if you need approval from a moderator/administrator first though.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

cmw1986 wrote:
Hidden Hands wrote:New progress is being made. Also, The Killing Joke now has an official website, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, so someone will have to answer that question for me. If not, I can always PM it to those who wish to join in order to keep up with what's happening in regular detail.
Posting the link here to the official website seems fine to me. Don't really know if you need approval from a moderator/administrator first though.
You're right. You do not need approval to do that. @Hidden Hands: Post away. :)
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Thank you very much. :) I will add it to my original post.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

The clown aesthetic and the focus on horror reminds me of Happy Time Circus 2.
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

Something about this setting just tickles my creativity bone..
now I'm thinking of all sorts of weapons that could be included.. depends which route you wanna go down.
BigProjectAlone

Post by BigProjectAlone »

Nice mod here!! i really like this kind of game.
I will keep an eye on this ;) !!
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Hi everyone. This game is still in progress. Currently I'm working on Level 04 which features a new monster clown and a few other nice things. It's the first level to require platforming also. Will keep you all updated. May be a little slow as I'm working on two massive games at once.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Here's a little bit of gameplay footage for those interested and thank you for being patient on this project. It's coming along nicely. Stay tuned!

Some screenshots.
Attachments
It can't get in here...right?
It can't get in here...right?
Punching a BamBam.
Punching a BamBam.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Quick update. Currently working on the first hub homeworld that leads to the first four levels. A couple of quick screenshots for you.
Attachments
Each portal takes you to a different level.
Each portal takes you to a different level.
Making the first homeworld hub.
Making the first homeworld hub.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Apologies for three months of absence, been very busy. The Killing Joke is going through some major updates and changes. New monsters being added, and MAP05 is completed. Map 06 is in progress and it's the first level based heavily on magic and witchcraft. Will feature some very interested magic based clown enemies. Including a mission to gather items for a witch rag-doll.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”