SPACE HULK: Infestation

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Devianteist

Re: SPACE HULK: Infestation ALPHAv0.3

Post by Devianteist »

shotfan wrote:Regarding Chapters, it would be interesting if the respective Terminator "Chapter-classes" had their unique traits represented. For Blood Angel it would be the risk of being hit by Red Thirst or Black Rage (like a forced rage mode that would make you stronger but also progressively mad, and will eventually "kill" you (representing your fall to insanity) unless you escape it by finishing the level); for Space Wolf it would be the heightened perception capacity; for Ultramarine, nothing.
I also do not have heard of Terminators using grenades, which i find weird. Why not take some grenades to CQC combat environment, like the space hulk?
As for Armour, by AP I meant "Armour Points" (armour equivalent of health) and by DR - "Damage Reduction" (how much recieved damage does the armour absorb). These stats are defined respectively in armour-actor DECORATE definition as "Armor.SaveAmount" and "Armour.SavePercent": https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:BlueArmor
Is teleport function of Tactical Dreadnought Armour planned as well? It could work as unlimited teleport beacons to the marked spot (one that could be also changed infinite number of times) on the level.
I quite enjoy how knowledgeable you are on Terminators. I have not considered any additional abilities for specific Chapters, if more than one is represented.
Terminators likely do not utilize grenades due to their preferred weaponry preventing them from being able to (firearm in one hand, melee weapon in the other).
Thanks for the link. I will be sure to give that a good, long read.
At will teleportation is a feature I want to implement as an escape tool. If you get trapped by Genestealers, why not teleport out of the corner, possibly killing one in the process?
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I remember one of the old leader models had a grenade launcher bolted onto his power fist. Hmm.. I will see if I can find him.
Spoiler:
There you go.

I was going to try my hand at doomifying some space hulk weapon sprites. We could always use a good storm bolter sprite here, after all.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Well, that is not Terminator knowledge per se, only of specifics of Astartes Chapters :) As you probably know, Astartes of different Chapters possess unique abilites due to mutation in their geneseed. Also, Space Wolves have a flaw called the Curse of the Wulfen, but this probably unfit to implement here, since it tends to activate when exposed to Warp energies, and is probably less severe of a problem for SW than Red Thirst or Black Rage is for Blood Angels-related Chapters (seeing that the Wulfen issue is mostly taken care of during the recruitment process for SW, whereas Battle-Brothers from BA and their descendants remain susceptible to Red Thirst/Black Rage for their whole life). Thus, Space Wolf Terminator would probably came out as the flat-out the best choice, creating unbalanced classes (especially considering that Ultramarine would have no special qualities - their specific mutation is supposedly increased conformity to superiors, but there is noone to conform to if you are a sole operator deep inside hostile territory).

Regarding grenades: other Astartes typically have both of their hands occupied by weapon as well, yet they use grenades. I guess you could handwave the issue away by stating that Terminator gauntlets are too big to operate a hand grenade, but that would be contrived anyway (these hands still have surprisingly precise fine motor control, and why not just produce a line of bigger grenades for one of the most elite military units of the Imperium?)

Yes, that is what I imagined for the teleporting device - your best chance to escape a hopeless situation! Of course, you would need to choose you destination wisely - lest you unexpectedly come out from a bad place to worse - and the teleportation function could also be limited by charge-up time, cooldown, and possible random damage caused by the teleportation itself (since, you know, teleportation is just a Warp jump, where daemons lurk to rip mortal souls apart).
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Hey, sorry for the lack of updates on my end. Been super busy with work and my family.

Just wanted to let anyone still interested in this project that, due to my time away, I have re-evaluated the project's goals. I am going to carry on production as originally planned, but I will be working at a much slower pace than I wanted to originally.

Thank you to anyone who reads this, and another thank you to the contributions provided by my fellow modders. I hope to provide you guys with an update to this mod within a reasonable time frame. I hope to release this update sometime after the 15th of April. Stay tuned.
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Good to hear you're still planning to work on this! I think it has real potential :)
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Just chiming in to say that I hope it doesn't get shut down at some point by Games Workshop, who are notorious for sending C&D letters or eMails to all those who do do anything that has any kind of connection with their IP. It would be a shame if all the hard work had to be scratched.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I have found they are usually benevolent as long as the "GW Guidelines" on their website are followed - pretty obvious stuff: no commercial use, don't rip text or logos from the website, make it clear it unofficial, use names that are non-official. It might be worth changing the mod name from Space Hulk to something more unique perhaps, but I've seen other mods flourish without harassment.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Vostyok wrote:I have found they are usually benevolent as long as the "GW Guidelines" on their website are followed - pretty obvious stuff: no commercial use, don't rip text or logos from the website, make it clear it unofficial, use names that are non-official. It might be worth changing the mod name from Space Hulk to something more unique perhaps, but I've seen other mods flourish without harassment.
Cherno wrote:Just chiming in to say that I hope it doesn't get shut down at some point by Games Workshop, who are notorious for sending C&D letters or eMails to all those who do do anything that has any kind of connection with their IP. It would be a shame if all the hard work had to be scratched.
A name change is being considered, as I have looked at GW's guidelines. It would be nice to create something a little different than Space Hulk's standard corridors and countless enemies. Some kind of campaign involving a Tyranid invasion maybe. Dunno yet.

Glad to see your guys' concern.
HexenMapper wrote:Good to hear you're still planning to work on this! I think it has real potential :)
I've been mega busy irl cause of my son, work and other things related to those.
goanna678

Post by goanna678 »

add over the top gore
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

goanna678 wrote:add over the top gore
While it would be fitting, given Warhammer 40K's love for over the top everything, I will stick with Nashgore. I much prefer it to anything else.

Unfortunately, this is not the update I wanted to give you guys. I have run into a snag with development and need to spend some time recovering resources due to a hard drive hiccup. Fortunately, the mod itself is saved to my Dropbox, and so I have not lost what I already have shown you guys.

Sadly, I have lost the improved versions of everything I was working on, and so I must start again. If anyone would like to give me a hand, either providing resources, or assisting with code, please, feel free to PM me.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nashgore is still gory to me IMO. Brutal doom gore is even more gory but i've seen very often back then. So i prefer the nashgore, the old taste.
Last edited by Captain J on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Captain J wrote:Nashgore is still gory to me IMO. Brutal doom gore is even more gory, but i've seen very often back then, so i'd prefer the old taste.
To be honest, I sometimes have a hard time understanding what you're trying to say. This is one of those times. If I understand correctly, you prefer Doom's vanilla gore over Nashgore and Brutal DOOM's over-the-top stuff.

If I am incorrect, I apologize.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I can understand that because i'm not perfectly good at english and i'm certainly trying as i can but it fails anyways.

But what i want to say is nashgore is the oldest gore feature out there and i prefer it instead of newly-made brutal doom gore. And no, i didn't even talked about vanilla gore after all.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Captain J wrote:I can understand that because i'm not perfectly good at english and i'm certainly trying as i can but it fails anyways.

But what i want to say is nashgore is the oldest gore feature out there and i prefer it instead of newly-made brutal doom gore. And no, i didn't even talked about vanilla gore after all.
You haven't failed, I'm just not great with piecing things together.

And as I feared, I was incorrect in understanding what you said. NashGore is very nice compared to BD's gore-fest. Just the right touch.

I will be sure to try and understand you better in the future.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hey, at least i'm glad you finally understood! Anyway yeah, you don't need to be brutal with the gore. Nash's is fine as it is.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”