Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (p11 N64up)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (p9 PSX

Postby Rodman909 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:56 pm

Kinda sucks that the PSX TC doesn't have the ending screens for Doom and Doom II. You know, the one with the deep voice narrating.
Rodman909

Discord: #5312
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Valken » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:07 pm

Maybe Kinsie can update this with the maps from GEC's version.

But GEC's version uses a special port of GZDoom which has special PSX Software mode lighting to make it look PSX accurate, which is not supported in current GZDoom.

Also the reverbs are set in MAPINFO in GEC's, not embedded into the maps themselves.

Lastly, no PSX Lost Levels in GEC's version, yet. I did see they are testing it under real PSX hardware or emulation...
Valken

Postby goldenmob72 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:21 am

Add Doom 64's The Lost Levels Pls
goldenmob72
GOLDƎN MOBSTƎЯ72

Discord: GOLDƎN MOBSTƎЯ#2196

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:44 pm

I do not know if this is still worked on, but playing Doom 64 with Quake Champions: Doom Edition seems to break the Soulsphere puzzle in MAP15: Dark Entries.

Once I correctly guess the right pillar to lower and grab the Soulsphere, the pillar with the Blue Skull key will not lower itself and the teleporter will remain inaccessible. I had to enter "Summon blueskull" in the console and noclip my way out of the room in order to proceed forward.

Also, on a lesser note, the replacement for the Unmaker in MAP29: Outpost Omega does not spawn where it is supposed to be. I had to noclip to the small hidden teleporting room in order to get it.

Finally, still while playing QC:DE, I cannot grab the secret megasphere in Into The Void.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Captain J » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:28 pm

I was crazy enough to beat the PSX map pack in one try. I played it along with Lambda HL1 weapon mod and i really loved the semi-dark aesthetics. However, i've seen some glitches on several maps and i double checked the certain maps just to be sure-- played in certain maps again without running any mod, and compared to the vanilla counterpart even. Here are the glitches i've found so far:
Spoiler: Da repercussions of Glitchevil
The map pack itself was ABSOLUTELY large and i might missed some secret areas and switches that need to be inspected, obviously. I'm sure people would look up Doom 64 one a lot. Thanks for the fat, rich ginormous and lenghty map packs!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Kinsie » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:52 am

Thank you for reporting bugs, but please, include co-ordinates via the idmypos cheat so I can warp straight to the issue. I'm not going to spend my entire day noclipping around 90 maps I didn't make trying to solve a problem.

As for your first two, I checked using the 1.1 build in the OP. The switches appeared for me, and Arch-Viles don't exist in the PSX version so they're replaced by other monsters in those maps.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Captain J » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:24 am

idmypos...? I seriously forgot about this, why i didn't think that? Yeah, the list of the map were whopping 90 long so maybe i was tired and couldn't even concentrate to put more details. My bad. Anyways i just found out the coordinates to the problems of certain maps. Here ya go:
Spoiler: "(minus the Containment Area since we already know)"
Also why yes, i did play with 1.1 build downloaded at the OP with GZDoom v4.5.0 but the switches are still misaligned. And after seeing your screenshot, it turns out that pillars did not go up completely. And that's why the switches are hidden... I also gave devbuild x64-g4.6pre-171 a try but the problem is still there. I wonder why?

EDIT: Ooookay, i think i've found real problem with the pillars with switch not going up completely. I removed my Configuration file and now the pillars go up fine. Dunno why the custom setting would conflict with the map pack's script, but as long as it's not completely broken?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Kinsie » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:43 am

Thanks, I've fixed the switches specified and the two Imps in MAP79. I'll see what else I can do and then hopefully kick out an update tomorrow. 👍👍👍
Kinsie
Dog Days

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:28 pm

Kinsie wrote:Thank you for reporting bugs, but please, include co-ordinates via the idmypos cheat so I can warp straight to the issue. I'm not going to spend my entire day noclipping around 90 maps I didn't make trying to solve a problem.

Sorry about that. Here are the coordinates you asked:

Spoiler:

Again, please keep in mind that this is happening with Quake Champions: Doom Edition. When played with vanilla Doom, only the Soulsphere puzzle appears to be working correctly.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Nems » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:56 pm

Kinsie wrote:Thank you for reporting bugs, but please, include co-ordinates via the idmypos cheat so I can warp straight to the issue.

I honest to God didn't know that was even a thing. My bad. I'll keep that in mind for future bug reports.
Nems
"small monster loops"

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Kinsie » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:56 am

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Sorry about that. Here are the coordinates you asked:
Thanks, let's see...

MAP15: Dark Entries

(the location of the vanilla Blue Skull that cannot be grabbed)
x: 993
y: -553
z: 64

(the location of the real Blue Skull that can be grabbed)
x: 186
y: 652
z:0
The ungrabbable skull is a fake that is swapped in for the real skull upon completing the puzzle in that room. The puzzle was broken in QC:DE, but worked fine in several other gameplay mods I tried at random (MetaDoom, Zagemod, Quake 1 Stuff Ultra). This is likely an issue with QC:DE spawning its Soulsphere replacement without transferring specials.

MAP29: Outpost Omega

(the location of the Unmaker replacement)
x: -1530
y: 2943
z: -352

(the location of where it should teleported to)
x: -1677
y: 2530
z: -464
Curiously, this works just fine for me in QC:DE - Once you shoot the switch, the BFG happily fades in. Didn't work in MetaDoom, though, so I'll have to poke around and see what's busted there.

MAP31: Into The Void

(the location of the demon rune replacement on its pillar)
x: -3534
y: -2389
z: 508

(the location of where it is teleported to, but cannot be grabbed)
x: 2012
y: -1186
z: 244
Again, seemingly caused by gameplay mod-specific bugs. Curiously, QC:DE and MetaDoom both fail for different reasons! (Thankfully, the MetaDoom bug seems to be the same as with the previous report). I'll have to have a look and see what can and can't be done.

EDIT: Fixed the second and third issues in the MetaDoom developer build. It was due to the weapon spawners used for the demon key not transferring their TIDs over to the items they spawned.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:33 am

Kinsie wrote:Curiously, this works just fine for me in QC:DE - Once you shoot the switch, the BFG happily fades in. Didn't work in MetaDoom, though, so I'll have to poke around and see what's busted there.

Switch? Which switch? :o
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Kinsie » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:17 am

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:
Kinsie wrote:Curiously, this works just fine for me in QC:DE - Once you shoot the switch, the BFG happily fades in. Didn't work in MetaDoom, though, so I'll have to poke around and see what's busted there.

Switch? Which switch? :o
There's a switch on the wall visible from the elevator it appears on when it lowers.

Kinsie
Dog Days

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:34 am

That is odd. I shot that switch all right, but nothing happens, even when I load con_doom64.pk3 without any mod.

I use GZDoom 4.5.0.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Kinsie » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:56 pm

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:That is odd. I shot that switch all right, but nothing happens, even when I load con_doom64.pk3 without any mod.

I use GZDoom 4.5.0.
Weird. I loaded con_doom64 and QC:DE v2.7 in GZDoom 4.5.0, used the "warp" console command to jump straight to the elevator, and was able to shoot the button just fine.

I'll kick out a new version after a bit more jigglepokery and we'll see if that fixes it for you.
Kinsie
Dog Days

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects