Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (p11 N64up)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (p7 UPD

Post by Kinsie »

Feck, I'll fix that tomorrow. Thanks for the heads-up.

The gravity stuff is pretty poorly implemented in hindsight. I'll probably rewrite it.
Kinsie

Re: Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (p8 UPD

Post by Kinsie »

Version 1.4a
  • Updated usermaps with Nevander's 1.4a fixes
  • Added missing SpawnIDs to actor spawners
  • Rewrote the gravity changing function to be both better and not use ZScript. Turns out I was reinventing the wheel the whole time. Who knew?
sherberttcat

Post by sherberttcat »

I love the PSX one. That ones great to load up all by itself.
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

I have a minor compatibility issue with the PSX Doom pack. If I load it before MetaDoom it changes the names of the first 32 maps back to their default Doom 2 names. This doesn't happen with the D64 Pack. Is this something worth fixing or is it such a minor issue that I shouldn't worry about it?
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Nems »

Possible bug: in Consolation Prize for Doom 64, map 31's (In The Void) Demon Key isn't replaced with a megasphere. As a result, there's a red square with a yellow exclamation point instead. It doesn't really affect gameplay other than preventing the monster swarm that spawns in after picking up the Demon Key or whatever item is supposed to replace the Demon Key in Consolation Prize.

EDIT: Encountered another missing sprite, this time in Outcast map 07 (Traps). I'm guessing it's the same issue as with the missing sprite in In The Void.

Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Thanks for the heads-up. I've uploaded a fixed version. The "fake" demon keys used in some scripted events should now appropriately resemble Megaspheres.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Will we ever see a version of the PSX TC where Nightmare Spectres are replaced with random spawners like D64's exclusive monsters? Or maybe even addons to restore just the weapons or just the monsters for mods that don't affect one of those two.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i'm curious to know but. how many levels are in the absolution & outcast levels? and are there any bugs in the absolution levels? cause i've begun doing a let's play of that episode
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

so. i recently tried out the Doom 64: Retribution mod with QC Doom Edition. and i found an issue on the final level of the outcast episode. in the area where there's a arachnotron after going through a teleporter where the mancubuses spawn. you're suppose to kill the arachnotron and 2 walls would lower down. 1 to get back to the starting area, and another to lower down to get the red key. with QC Doom. it doesn't seem to work and thus makes it impossible to complete the level
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Are there future plans to port the PSX Doom TC's Lost Levels & No Rest For The Living addons over to the consolidated version?
Korell

Post by Korell »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Are there future plans to port the PSX Doom TC's Lost Levels & No Rest For The Living addons over to the consolidated version?
The "No Rest For The Living" addon is present within the Doom 3 BFG Edition, so just take the WAD file from there, there's no need for a port from the console as it is identical.
http://doomwiki.org/wiki/No_Rest_for_the_Living

As the WAD only uses vanilla enemies and weapons it should not have any issues being used with gameplay mods, which is the goal of Consolation Prize, so there's no work to be done here.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Korell wrote:
DabbingSquidward wrote:Are there future plans to port the PSX Doom TC's Lost Levels & No Rest For The Living addons over to the consolidated version?
The "No Rest For The Living" addon is present within the Doom 3 BFG Edition, so just take the WAD file from there, there's no need for a port from the console as it is identical.
http://doomwiki.org/wiki/No_Rest_for_the_Living

As the WAD only uses vanilla enemies and weapons it should not have any issues being used with gameplay mods, which is the goal of Consolation Prize, so there's no work to be done here.
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/8 ... st-levels/

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/8 ... -question/

Edit: Just realized that the NRTFL PSX conversion is still in development.
BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

So Doom 64 Retribution has been updated (https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-64-retr ... ersion-151)
Was wondering if the doom 64 maps of this mod will be updated too.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

BoneofMalkav wrote:So Doom 64 Retribution has been updated (https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-64-retr ... ersion-151)
Was wondering if the doom 64 maps of this mod will be updated too.
I didn't know about this since Nev decided to pretend he was banned and peace-out. Thanks for the heads-up!

I won't promise an update, but I'll at least take a look and see what I can manage.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Version 1.5
  • Merged in changes from Nevander's 1.51 release.
I haven't really tested this much at all - I just quickly merged in all the new maps to the old version and re-did a few of my fixes - so please let me know if something's gone awry!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”