Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (p11 N64up)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nevander

Re: Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (Parts

Post by Nevander »

whatup876 wrote:I noticed two things wrong with Doom 64: the first being that the barrels are still vanilla like, but in the prop room from the test map, once a vanilla barrel is gone, a barrel based around the mod in use actually appears. The second thing being some props (mainly two tree sprites) coming from classic Doom and not Doom 64.
The tree and barrel actors use the same sprite names as the original, and thus means if a mod is loaded which reincludes those graphics then they will be replaced again. Make sure you are not loading DOOM2.WAD after somehow.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

So, what IWAD do i use?
Can't Kinsie change the names of the sprites?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

whatup876 wrote:So, what IWAD do i use?
Can't Kinsie change the names of the sprites?
You should probably use DOOM2.WAD but just make sure that Consolation Prize is being loaded after and you aren't accidentally re-including the IWAD OR loading some mod that includes the barrel and tree sprites again for whatever reason.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Consolation Prize D64 actually doesn't include those two specific tree sprites or the barrel.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Somagu wrote:Consolation Prize D64 actually doesn't include those two specific tree sprites or the barrel.
Wait, the Doom 64 trees and barrels aren't included? :?

Seems like they should be since they are Doom 64 specific decorations.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Nevander wrote:
Somagu wrote:Consolation Prize D64 actually doesn't include those two specific tree sprites or the barrel.
Wait, the Doom 64 trees and barrels aren't included? :?

Seems like they should be since they are Doom 64 specific decorations.
I've just had a look and the barrel is indeed not present, it just uses the standard Doom barrel. But then I guess this is to be expected as it uses the standard Doom monsters too.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

I just tried to use FreeDoom: Phase 2 as an IWAD and i noticed some light related sprite (can't tell which one) from FreeDoom in it.
I think Kinsie should check the sprites, maybe even change their names, if that can work.
Edit: And while the vanilla barrel replacing its 64 counterpart makes sense, its how the mods replace it that doesn't, because a mod like D4T, for example, is meant to bring a new explosion effect, while the barrel still explodes like in the original game.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

whatup876 wrote:I just tried to use FreeDoom: Phase 2 as an IWAD and i noticed some light related sprite (can't tell which one) from FreeDoom in it.
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
Zemakat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Zemakat »

I love this mod, dude. There's so much replay value here when you combine this with gameplay mods.

Genius idea.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Kinsie do you plan to update the Doom 64 counterpart once I release the next update for the main Doom 64 Retribution mod? There will be a ton of new maps in the new version, not to mention tons of bug fixes since 1.0 of the mod. I don't know how much work it is to re-do the "de-Doom 64" part for the actors but it would be nice if this were also up to date.
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Dumb little question, what's the mod shown in the 3rd screen shot for PSX Doom TC?
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Immoral Conduct. There's the original EDGE version and a few ZDoom conversions.

(It looks like it might specifically be that third one I linked)
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Nevander wrote:Kinsie do you plan to update the Doom 64 counterpart once I release the next update for the main Doom 64 Retribution mod? There will be a ton of new maps in the new version, not to mention tons of bug fixes since 1.0 of the mod. I don't know how much work it is to re-do the "de-Doom 64" part for the actors but it would be nice if this were also up to date.
I plan on redoing the Doom 64 version completely, just to be sure.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Kinsie wrote:
Nevander wrote:Kinsie do you plan to update the Doom 64 counterpart once I release the next update for the main Doom 64 Retribution mod? There will be a ton of new maps in the new version, not to mention tons of bug fixes since 1.0 of the mod. I don't know how much work it is to re-do the "de-Doom 64" part for the actors but it would be nice if this were also up to date.
I plan on redoing the Doom 64 version completely, just to be sure.
could it be possible to make the PSX Doom redone to work for Zandronum? i find it kinda weird that it won't work with it originally, but the Doom 64 thing will
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:could it be possible to make the PSX Doom redone to work for Zandronum? i find it kinda weird that it won't work with it originally, but the Doom 64 thing will
Sure, just get a time machine and tell the PSX Doom TC team to not be fucking idiots that abuse animated textures to forcibly disable wall decals or whatever it was they were trying to accomplish.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”