Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (p11 N64up)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
durbdoogle

Re: Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (Parts

Post by durbdoogle »

Mikk- wrote:Final Doomer viewtopic.php?f=43&t=55061
Ah, I see. I hadn't got around to trying that yet.
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Nevander wrote:
Matsilagi wrote:Do you think you can make the Doom64 mapset compatible with this aswell?
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=50656&start=15

Or atleast teach me what i would need to mod in con_doom64 to make it compatible.
Umm... using that with Retribution would pretty much be the same as just using the original version of Retribution. :?
Sort of, i like your mod but, those are 1:1 reproductions of the IWAD scripts.

It also has no improvements, so its basically a 1:1 experience (which is what i want)
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Matsilagi wrote:Sort of, i like your mod but, those are 1:1 reproductions of the IWAD scripts.

It also has no improvements, so its basically a 1:1 experience (which is what i want)
So then it seems you'd be better off just playing EX.
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Nevander wrote:
Matsilagi wrote:Sort of, i like your mod but, those are 1:1 reproductions of the IWAD scripts.

So then it seems you'd be better off just playing EX.
Sourceport feels bad, its kinda laggy and movement is weird.

Come on, pretty pls :P
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i do like how there's a version of the Doom 64 TC that cane be played with various mods. and that it works for Zandronum to at least. it's a shame though that the PSX Doom version doesn't seem to work for that port
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

Since I'm not quite sure where to place this, the PSX conversion has issues with the Lithium gameplay mod, specifically the console spits out "Warning: ACS function strlen called with invalid string argument." when I start playing.

This ends up causing issues down the line with the plasma gun replacement bugging out and throwing up a console error, while not giving you the weapon.

Edit: Worth noting that it works perfectly fine with the N64 conversion I suppose.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

is it possible to make a Zandronum version of the PSX Doom TC from the consolation prize version?
ACE1252

Post by ACE1252 »

For the Doom 64 maps, I'm not sure if I've found a bug, but wanted to report it.

On map03, in the room with the red key door near the exit. There is a room with a couple of health packs and rocket ammo packs. It's opened with the press of a switch and is on a timer. You have to run to it to get the stuff inside. If that door shuts behind me, I can't reopen it from inside. It locks me inside. I can hear the secret wall triggering for that room as I approach the door, but can't get out.

I had to noclip in order to get out of the room.

I'm using GZDoom 3.1.0a x64.

I was using D4T when I found it, but have tried it without D4T and the bug is still there.

As a side note for D4T and this Doom 64 map pack, if you don't load the maps first then the mod, something happens with the keys, on map01, to where you can't open the blue door even with the blue key. Doing an IDKFA, allows you to open the door. I'm assuming that it's because you now have the blue skull key, but I'm not sure as it(of course) gave me all of them.
ACE1252

Post by ACE1252 »

I used to do some STV:Elite Force(quake 3 engine) mapping long ago. Nothing complex, but I've spent some time looking into the map pack with SLADE. There appears to be no user trigger set on that side of the door. I've managed to fix it on my local copy.

Just for clarification, here is a pic with a red arrow pointing to the door with the problem.
DOOM64 - MAP03 - Can't Open Door From Inside.png
Korell

Post by Korell »

ACE1252 wrote:I used to do some STV:Elite Force(quake 3 engine) mapping long ago. Nothing complex, but I've spent some time looking into the map pack with SLADE. There appears to be no user trigger set on that side of the door. I've managed to fix it on my local copy.

Just for clarification, here is a pic with a red arrow pointing to the door with the problem.
DOOM64 - MAP03 - Can't Open Door From Inside.png
That bug was actually present in Doom 64 Retribution when it originally got released, and I think I mentioned it on the ModDB page. It got fixed, anyway, but I guess that the Consolation Prize maps were put together before the fix was made so they inherited this bug.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Korell wrote:That bug was actually present in Doom 64 Retribution when it originally got released, and I think I mentioned it on the ModDB page. It got fixed, anyway, but I guess that the Consolation Prize maps were put together before the fix was made so they inherited this bug.
Indeed it was. It was fixed in 1.1 of the main mod. Consolation Prize is based on 1.0 of Retribution. Hopefully this will get updated with the 1.3 maps.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Nevander wrote:
Korell wrote:That bug was actually present in Doom 64 Retribution when it originally got released, and I think I mentioned it on the ModDB page. It got fixed, anyway, but I guess that the Consolation Prize maps were put together before the fix was made so they inherited this bug.
Indeed it was. It was fixed in 1.1 of the main mod. Consolation Prize is based on 1.0 of Retribution. Hopefully this will get updated with the 1.3 maps.
yeah. plus the possibility of a Zandronum compatible version of the consolation prize PSX Doom tc
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

I noticed two things wrong with Doom 64: the first being that the barrels are still vanilla like, but in the prop room from the test map, once a vanilla barrel is gone, a barrel based around the mod in use actually appears. The second thing being some props (mainly two tree sprites) coming from classic Doom and not Doom 64.
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20170824_192054.png
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

whatup876 wrote:I noticed two things wrong with Doom 64: the first being that the barrels are still vanilla like, but in the prop room from the test map, once a vanilla barrel is gone, a barrel based around the mod in use actually appears. The second thing being some props (mainly two tree sprites) coming from classic Doom and not Doom 64.
about the classic doom sprites, maybe your autoload is the cause.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

YukesVonFaust wrote:
whatup876 wrote:I noticed two things wrong with Doom 64: the first being that the barrels are still vanilla like, but in the prop room from the test map, once a vanilla barrel is gone, a barrel based around the mod in use actually appears. The second thing being some props (mainly two tree sprites) coming from classic Doom and not Doom 64.
about the classic doom sprites, maybe your autoload is the cause.
I think it's because i use Doom 2 as the IWAD to play it, because using Doom 64 (consolation prize version) shows this.
Also, my order is Con_doom64 first, then the mod and then the music.
Attachments
palette not found.PNG
palette not found.PNG (4.43 KiB) Viewed 2757 times

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”