[v1.3] Doom 64: Retribution

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [v1.3] Doom 64: Retribution

Postby Warhawk » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 pm

How's this?

Used DrDoctor's Melee zombie, someone's edit of D64 POSS palette, and for the chaingun, I used the palette in SD64 Unabsolved.

CPOS64.PNG
CPOS64.PNG (2.16 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Warhawk

Postby Nevander » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:28 pm

I actually like that sprite quite a bit. The concept for that is good, although the ammo belt should be darker and less classic Doom-y and the Chaingun itself is fine I suppose since it doesn't necessarily need to look like the one the player uses. Since Doom 64 never had Chaingunners to start, I'd probably just end up changing them to drop clips instead anyway.

I'd love a full sheet with this style with a darker ammo belt, and I will add it to Retribution if so.
Nevander
The Doomslayer

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:26 pm

So how would you include the Chaingunner to Retribution? Would you introduce the enemy in Retribution or add an option to have it replace the basic Zombieman?
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Nevander » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:03 pm

It would just be a new enemy to use in new maps, and to use in the Outcast Levels where needed. I would not add it to original maps.
Nevander
The Doomslayer

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Fair enough. If anything, I suppose I could do it myself using the 'replaceactor' line in MAPINFO.
JohnnyTheWolf

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects