Doom 64: Retribution

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: [v1.2] Doom 64: Retribution

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Just found a small issue: for some reason, the mod will not allow me to rename my character and keeps reverting to "Player".
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

What's the version of GZDoom? I'm asking because it might be this bug.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Getting a Access Denied page from that link, and I can't find that id number in the list of archived bugs. It skips right over id 0000484.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

0000484: [GZDoom 2.4.0] Player name cannot change in player setup menu
The player name in the player setup menu doesn't change. After leaving the menu and returning to it, the name will be returned to what it was previously.
Write a name in the player setup menu and hit Enter.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Yes, I use GZDoom 2.4. However, I have read that Retribution is not working well with 3.0, so I have not updated GZDoom for it.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

It should work fine with 3.0.1, although the menus will be wrong and you will be missing options. The MENUDEF lump needs to be updated for 3.0.0 onwards.
SoulCircle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SoulCircle »

Hello everyone! I am here, with the permission of Nevander, to give you a discord link for this project. There you can report bugs and get news updates, or just get a Zandronum party going for the game.

https://discord.gg/4UpAmHd

EDIT: (If anyone is wondering, the reason you may wanna post bugs on the Discord is if you have a ban on ZDoom forums or if the forums are down, etc. But other than that, please report them here, on Nevander's thread.)
Last edited by SoulCircle on Sun May 07, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Does that mean we are no longer to report bugs here?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

No, in fact I prefer you keep reporting them here. Easier for me to check posts here.
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

People were saying things about weapon speed switch, so here. A patch that slows weapon switching (it also flips the chainsaw-fist order, and removes the no weapon switch on the chainsaw since I built it in to a previous patch.) EDIT: Also dims the red berserk flash upon pickup to .25 intensity to make it a bit less blinding. It was slightly hurting my eyes.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B54Px ... EVmLXdSV1k
Making these patches is a nice intro to decorate at least, can't really be sure if people are using them though. :P
Last edited by isaacpop23 on Sun May 07, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

The best thing about patches like that is it allows those who want me to change things that I personally don't want to change in my mod to change for themselves. Really at the start of the entire project the point for me was to make a version of Doom 64 that I enjoy playing and that is more in line with the original game. Something that I can play and feel like I am playing the original game but with these such improvements. Perhaps using the terms faithful and accurate was a mistake from the beginning, but at the same time even with what minor enhancements I've made it still IS faithful and accurate to a degree, so it's on both sides of the spectrum.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Could not agree more nevander... And to be​ honest the changes you have made are only there as improvements and even then most are toggleable! I'm just going to say it. This is THE DooM64 mod. I certainly shan't be using/playing any of the other ones again. There's just so much room for possible personal customisation with this. new maps, monsters add-on's etc and dispite all that it is still the most faithful easily accessible version out there. Imo anyhow. You should be very proud of what you achieved here. 20 years waiting and the wait was very worth it. Sorry to gush but i cant get enough of this mod. Best release of 2017 by far...
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Version 1.3 of the mod is now available. The new episode is not ready yet unfortunately, still plenty left to do but here's a bunch of fixes and additions leading up to it. The Retribution episode will be the 1.4 update.

NOTE: If you use the D64MUS.PK3 file instead of FluidSynth you will need to download the new version of the OGG pack due to the MIDI lump names being changed to allow for externalization.

Download here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-64-retri ... version-13

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Nevander wrote:Version 1.3 of the mod is now available. The new episode is not ready yet unfortunately, still plenty left to do but here's a bunch of fixes and additions leading up to it. The Retribution episode will be the 1.4 update.

NOTE: If you use the D64MUS.PK3 file instead of FluidSynth you will need to download the new version of the OGG pack due to the MIDI lump names being changed to allow for externalization.

Download here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-64-retri ... version-13

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:
this keep getting better & better. fun little fact bout me. Doom 64 was the 1st Doom game i had ever played when i was growing up, so i do love it when i see the game being brought to PC via mods and such. it's like revisiting my childhood for sure :)
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: [v1.3] Doom 64: Retribution

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Keep up the good work! :D

Since I am not satisfied with the Doomslayer! difficulty setting, I have been experimenting with MAPINFO editing in order to turn it into a more survival-oriented mode. Instead of replacing enemies with their stronger counterpart and increasing damage, it now makes ammo and health scarcer and also replace Spectres with Stealth Demons. I would also like to replace Imps with their nightmare counterpart, but as you told me before, it cannot be done.

However, one thing I have yet to figure out is how to change the name of the difficulty mode itself. I tried changing the names in MAPINFO, to no avail.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”