REKKR - V1.16

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: REKKR - V1.16

Postby Gez » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:19 am

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:With this, Hedon, Supplice, Selaco and probably more games that I am forgetting or I do not know about, the Doom Engine family is growing bigger!

There are enough that it's hard to keep track of them all!
Gez

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:31 am

True, but I was referring to commercial releases. :)
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby cubebert » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:39 am

NightFright wrote:Since nobody has posted it here until now: The commercial version of REKKR is available on Steam since Oct 11. There's also a -29% discount if you buy it during the first week after release.

I've been meaning to play this ever since it came out in 2018, but I wanted to wait until the commercial release. Two questions: first, are there any plans to release this on GOG? Second, from reading the Doomwiki article, the fourth bonus episode is replaced with the new one for Sunken Land; is the bonus episode available for the commercial release or is it only for the previous version?
cubebert

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:50 am

cubebert wrote:Second, from reading the Doomwiki article, the fourth bonus episode is replaced with the new one for Sunken Land; is the bonus episode available for the commercial release or is it only for the previous version?

Someone on Doomworld is working on a patch for that already, apparently!
I may do it in the future though. It's not a bad idea. The bonus episode was of varying quality since 7/9 maps were essentially speedmapped by me. So I didn't consider it as large a loss as may be since they were still freely available. I'll consider it tho.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1715690/ ... 011194702/

EDIT: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2399210
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby cubebert » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:48 pm

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Someone on Doomworld is working on a patch for that already, apparently!
I may do it in the future though. It's not a bad idea. The bonus episode was of varying quality since 7/9 maps were essentially speedmapped by me. So I didn't consider it as large a loss as may be since they were still freely available. I'll consider it tho.

Sweet! I think I'll go ahead and get the Steam version since I've waited a long time to play REKKR and the GOG version, if it does come, will take a while to come out.
cubebert

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Ozymandias81 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:10 am

I just bought it a couple of days ago on Steam and soon I will replay it again from the very start, so I'll appreciate more what's new and also Episode 4! I guess achievements won't happen sadly.
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.

Github ID: Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Revae » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Unfortunately no achievements, no.
Really what I want to do is cards and emojis and stuff, because that seems fun to do. But alas they won't let me do that (yet).
Forgot to post here. I've been pretty busy.
Revae

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:20 am

Thank you for releasing an updated version of your total conversion! It has been great fun and as I said earlier, it is great that the Doom Engine family is growing bigger.

On a side-note, I have started experimenting with mods. I have created a custom MAPINFO that replaces the Nightmare difficulty with one that doubles enemy health. I was also pleased to find out that TehRealSalt's Alternate take on Partial Invisibility mod works perfectly in REKKR! :D

I tried playing REKKR with Dr_Cosmobyte's Ultra Crispy gameplay mod, but alas it has some serious compatibility issues that I do not know how to resolve. Oh well. :?
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:17 pm

YES! NightFright's excellent Fullscreen Status Bar mod is (still) compatible with REKKR! :D
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby wildweasel » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:11 am

Bought a copy of it myself the other day, I'm mighty impressed. Haven't played past e1m2 yet, but as soon as I've got some other stuff off my plate I might be going back sooner than I thought.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects