REKKR - V1.16

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Revae

Re: REKKR - V1.13

Post by Revae »

mikecari wrote: Having the same issue actually. Rocks and grass seem to float.
That only happens in the iwad version, which otherwise works fine in software rendering.
You can use the pwad version until I figure out why, or switch to software rendering. Works with freedoom if you don't have doom.wad.
making4

Post by making4 »

Just finished this and wanted to say that it's an amazing piece of work! Is there any chance of getting a weapon/item replacement mod (like Final Doomer or High Noon Drifter) to bring these weapons into Doom, Heretic, and Hexen? I'd love to have this play style and weapon set available elsewhere.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Apparently, some video said that the melee weapons are rather subpar...
Gez

Post by Gez »

Well they're wrong; I used the axe whenever possible just because it's a fun weapon, unless I had the wode to make the fists even better.
Revae

Post by Revae »

making4 wrote:Just finished this and wanted to say that it's an amazing piece of work! Is there any chance of getting a weapon/item replacement mod (like Final Doomer or High Noon Drifter) to bring these weapons into Doom, Heretic, and Hexen? I'd love to have this play style and weapon set available elsewhere.
Weeeelllll...
I did make this a while ago:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/idkvciotw ... N.wad/file
It's pretty much just the weapons and monsters from REKKR, for other mapsets. The monsters aren't 100% like the proper REKKR versions, because this is for doom 2, and there are more doom 2 monsters than rekkr monsters, and they drop different things, and blah blah blah. Anyway. It should function fine anyway, but no guarantees that it'll be fair. I've tested it in Scythe 2 and Epic 2, and it seemed fine from what I saw, but I didn't play through to the end of either one. Maybe 10 levels each. It definitely (probably) won't work with other wads that replace anything other than decorative sprites, since it steals frames from some decorations.
It should be pretty trivial to strip out the monsters and make a weapons only version, but I haven't done that.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

To be honest, I'd be amused if someone made a Guncaster (or Cola3) compat patch for REKKR. :P
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

AvzinElkein wrote:To be honest, I'd be amused if someone made a Guncaster (or Cola3) compat patch for REKKR. :P
Speaking as the author of Cola 3, I'd really rather people experienced REKKR in its original context first, instead of adding compat patches willy-nilly.
Burly Jim

Post by Burly Jim »

Revae wrote:
mikecari wrote: Having the same issue actually. Rocks and grass seem to float.
That only happens in the iwad version, which otherwise works fine in software rendering.
You can use the pwad version until I figure out why, or switch to software rendering. Works with freedoom if you don't have doom.wad.
Um...how would I do that? Sorry.
Revae

Post by Revae »

Burly Jim wrote: Um...how would I do that? Sorry.
If you want to use the pwad version download https://drive.google.com/open?id=1da7S5 ... NSoaZQu3YK <--that. Plop it into your GZDoom folder, then drag it onto gzdoom.exe. Select ultimate doom or freedoom on the screen that comes up, works if you use/have either one, and toggle off "load lights". Then hit play. Then go to options > compatability options, and set it to "doom" or "doom strict".

If you want to use the version you're already using, just start it however you have been, go to options > set video mode, and change the renderer to software rendering.
landfill baby
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by landfill baby »

why is there a chaingunner at -1240,-7312,-128 in almost every map?
Revae

Post by Revae »

landfill baby wrote:why is there a chaingunner at -1240,-7312,-128 in almost every map?
I don't know what you're talking about. There aren't chaingunners at all. There are only 3 or 4 chaingunner replacements (dehacked wise) in the whole wad.
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

^
Perhaps they are talking about a 'feature' that I've come across regarding chaingunners. That is, when playing with your rekkrMON.WAD the chaingunner replacements change into the original chaingunner sprite and then seem to disappear in a puff of flames. I'm using GZD 3.5.0., if that helps. :)
Revae

Post by Revae »

Hipnotic Rogue wrote:^
Perhaps they are talking about a 'feature' that I've come across regarding chaingunners. That is, when playing with your rekkrMON.WAD the chaingunner replacements change into the original chaingunner sprite and then seem to disappear in a puff of flames. I'm using GZD 3.5.0., if that helps. :)
I don't seem to have that issue, and can't think of or find a reason why it should happen. Strange though. REKKRMON was kinda made on a lark. I don't really have any plans for it. Surprised it's getting use, really :-p
landfill baby
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: REKKR - V1.14

Post by landfill baby »

sorry, i should have clarified, the chaingunners show up in most maps with the gzdoom 3.5.0 "monster" command ("monster chaingun") on rekkr.wad 1.13, although it seems to be fixed in 1.14
i only checked on wrecker difficulty
(side note: the 1.14 wad still says 1.13 on the title picture)
Revae

Re: REKKR - V1.14

Post by Revae »

landfill baby wrote: (side note: the 1.14 wad still says 1.13 on the title picture)
Whoops.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”