REKKR - V1.16

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Abba Zabba

Re: REKKR - V1.16

Post by Abba Zabba »

Wanted to play this again, but when I got to the 3-digit code secret in E1M3, I couldn't get the door to open with the proper code. Was this always the case with GZDoom? I'm using GZ version 4.2.4.

Edit: tested the combo lock in Crispy Doom and PrBoom+, and they both work just fine. Seems to be a GZ problem.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

If it's only happening in GZD, maybe you should report it as a bug in the proper forum section here. Don't forget to provide as many details as possible, including screens.
payayoe

Post by payayoe »

Thanks Revae and Rekkr team for creating an awesome mod! Here's a fanart from me. :D
Spoiler:
Revae

Post by Revae »

That's tight as hell! Thanks!
I wish I'd checked this forum earlier to give you more timely props, because this made my day just now.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

That looks sick. That could work well as an intermission or ending screen.

Great stuff, Paya!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Now come to think of it, some kind of official REKKR collection with concept art, behind stories or fan art from others might be dandy.
Revae

Post by Revae »

I don't have a lot of concept art. Most of the monsters were sketched out first while I was at work on frayed and creased paper that's since been disposed of. I might have some of the sculpts or Maya scenes. They're pretty bare bones, nothing is topologized correctly or anything.
Back story wise it's all in my head, or in the heads of the other mappers, but I tried to have the environments tell the main back story to a degree. If any of it's parse-able I don't know.

Looking at it, I've got a fair few of the sculpting files, with paint data on most of them.
example:
There's not a lot of detail on most of them because they were going to be shrunk down to be like 60 px tall anyway.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

But it's nice to see one of the models in full HD. Maybe collection of just model pics might work.
MrDowntempo

Post by MrDowntempo »

Since the assets exist as 3D models, I'd LOVE it if we could get a angled weapon mod.
Revae

Post by Revae »

MrDowntempo wrote:Since the assets exist as 3D models, I'd LOVE it if we could get a angled weapon mod.
They're all in a format I don't use anymore, and they were all painted over so the workload would be pretty extensive anyway.
Also I'm not sure I have all the original assets anymore.
Thorogrimm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Thorogrimm »

Is there ever a possiblity of this getting a Steam release?
Revae

Post by Revae »

Thorogrimm wrote:Is there ever a possiblity of this getting a Steam release?
Possible. I'm working on an episode 4 now, and will likely make an attempt at selling the whole thing bundled up.
Trying to decide a fair price. Don't want to overcharge, or undersell.
The tricky part atm is time. I don't have a lot of it, but so far I've made 3 new enemies, and 3 new maps, and some sporadic areas for other maps. Plus a bunch of textures.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Any price you ask for will be OK for me. I could imagine this as a standalone on Steam for like 8.99 USD/EUR, for example.
Revae

Post by Revae »

NightFright wrote:Any price you ask for will be OK for me.
400 dollars!
But yeah, it'll be something reasonable. Considering most of REKKR will still be free, the only new content would be E4, and maybe some bugfixes.
Barry Burton

Post by Barry Burton »

Hey Revae, Have you thought about reaching out to the Nightdive guys? They've done a great job with quite a few older and retro style games and they seem pretty open minded.

Also, perhaps, package REKKR with Odamex so that online multiplayer could be a possibility. Odamex is also pretty accurate to vanilla Doom (even being demo compatible) and the Odamex guys also seem pretty accessible.

Just thoughts. :)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”