REKKR - V1.16

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Released] REKKR - An Ultimate Doom Total Conversion

Post by ramon.dexter »

This is just beatiful. I cant say more, cause I played it only for couple of minutes, but I liked it very much.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

It seems, that you forgot to add "EndGame4", when you finish E4M8, as it takes me to the Doom 2 EndGame, with D_Evil not found and crashing. Also, a minor nitpick, but there's no "nointermission" for E1M8. Still, I am liking this so far.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Okay, how do i get the red key at E1M3? I think i pressed all of the switches available but i still couldn't raise the bars leading to red key. I love the maps of this mod, but seems like they're having a little bit of where-do-i-go syndrome, no offence.

P.S: Also...

- Explosive Barrels certainly look harmless and asking itself to be destroyed with your hands. And funnily enough, i punched the barrel because i thought it might have something good inside. But it was filled with ice-cold gunpowder, exploded right in my unexpected self.

- Potion-like tricking enemies are the worst. I can't sense which one is a fake because they all look the same!
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

amzing game, I love it definitely looking forward to play trough it soon.
works fine with gzdoom but with dosbox the menu works with the demo but when starting the first level it crashes with this error:
P_SPawnMapThing: Unknown type 680 at (3007, 386)
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Zen3001 wrote:amzing game, I love it definitely looking forward to play trough it soon.
works fine with gzdoom but with dosbox the menu works with the demo but when starting the first level it crashes with this error:
You also have to load up the .deh file with it.
Ma77

Post by Ma77 »

This is the first TC i beat in several years. Its fun & challenging but it never comes off as cheap.

Sometimes the Levels can feel really maze like though but its not too bad

Oh:
https://i.imgur.com/PzGGIez.png

Found Doggo :P
ChaseSP

Post by ChaseSP »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:
Zen3001 wrote:amzing game, I love it definitely looking forward to play trough it soon.
You also have to load up the .deh file with it.
See that was the same issue I had but it didn't seem to work either despite loading it up with the .deh file. Maybe I was just doing it incorrectly but no dice. Unless it involves actually messing with dehacked.
Revae

Post by Revae »

Captain J wrote:Okay, how do i get the red key at E1M3? I think i pressed all of the switches available but i still couldn't raise the bars leading to red key. I love the maps of this mod, but seems like they're having a little bit of where-do-i-go syndrome, no offence.

P.S: Also...

- Explosive Barrels certainly look harmless and asking itself to be destroyed with your hands. And funnily enough, i punched the barrel because i thought it might have something good inside. But it was filled with ice-cold gunpowder, exploded right in my unexpected self.

- Potion-like tricking enemies are the worst. I can't sense which one is a fake because they all look the same!
Red key on E1M3 is opened with a puzzle involving the little symbol on the floor. It's not in the same room.
ALSO:
Did a bunch of bug fixing... Some oversights that I missed somehow. So: Necessary update (game breaking stuff). Same DL link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eZrGi ... _oDycRhxGM
ChaseSP

Post by ChaseSP »

Okay turns out I was dump and it just took using a bat file to make it work.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Just tried this. Beautiful design going on here. The maps have a level of detail that's really something else! The monsters are suitably odd and freaky and the weapons well designed and balanced well too. Sounds and music are spot on too. It truly feels like a mid to late nineties release but I mean that in the best possible way.

However I can't get past e1m3 floor puzzle or something. Nice map to look at but I'm now sick of being stuck on it. needs more of a clue in my honest opinion.

Oh. One other thing. It's strange but I HAD to put freelook back on. I know it's not designed for it big I've been using it so long I can't play without it now! Lol. I was actually feeling a little sickly until I put it back on. ( That in itself was tricky enough to do...) Good work.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

What I don't love:
- It's not an IWAD

What I do love:
- Sounds and music (create lots of atmosphere)
- Graphics (sprites, level design)
- Weapons (a bit like a mix of Heretic and Witchaven, but cooler)
- Puzzles (e.g. how you find secret level in the first episode or the way you get the red key in E1M3)
- No need to use freelook or jumping (very classic Doom gameplay style)
- REKKR

Verdict:
Play it. NOW.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

There seems to be an bugged secret in Blade Swamp, as seen in this video by pagb666, skip to 1:47 to see the bug.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Been playing this so far, did the first two episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if this wins a Cacoward this year.
Spoiler:
Korell

Post by Korell »

How does this mod prevent free mouselook and force on the vertical autoaiming to compensate? My ini file is set up for free mouselook on and no autoaiming at all, yet this mod overrides these. This isn't a complaint or anything, I'm just genuinely interested in how it does it.
Revae

Post by Revae »

Beed28 wrote:Questions.
It resets the inventory because zdoom, and zandronum have an issue where if you use dehacked to replace the chaingun drop with a monster (which is how the skeleton pops out of the hammerbro there) it will think the chaingun in your inventory is still "alive" and therefore won't trigger the tagged 666 door when you kill the boss. This was fixed in GZDoom, but I wanted maximum compatability so... You lose inventory on that map in zdoom derivatives.
Korell wrote:How does this mod prevent free mouselook and force on the vertical autoaiming to compensate?
In the MAPINFO. nojump, nocrouch, nofreelook. You should be able to change it in the gameplay settings though

Thnx for reporting bugs, fellas.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”