REKKR - V1.16

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gez

Re: REKKR - V1.11

Post by Gez »

E4M2: both exits are normal, presumably one should be a secret exit. (And require leading a puppy to its doghouse ? :wink: )

E4M3: another mismatched waterfall:
Should be all lava.
Revae

Post by Revae »

Nah, no puppies for that one because it's not a real map. It's just a set for the intro cutscene when you play on a demo compatible engine.
Gez

Post by Gez »

E4M5: line #558 is a W1 type instead of a WR type. Given the infinite eyeball generator just next to it (god I hate that thing), that means that it's extremely likely that some eyeball will have wandered in it, and eaten the single teleportation, rendering you unable to use it, making you stuck in the lava pool with no hope of escape and accessorily making the level impossible to complete.

Please put some mechanism to stop the eyeball generator, like maybe closing the pillar or something. Even if it's a switch in the exit room so you still have to deal with the pressure throughout the level's run.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Revae wrote:
Graf Zahl wrote:Don't! Clearing that flag through Dehacked will alter the behavior slightly as well.
Really? In what what way?
Certain parts of monster AI check for the ISMONSTER flag. Originally this did not exist so the original checks were for COUNTKILL.
As a result, Dehacked mods also clear ISMONSTER when clearing COUNTKILL. In vanilla you may get away with it but in ZDoom-based ports this can cause problems. It's the main reason why Batman Doom is broken in ZDoom.

BTW, when checking out the mod I noticed that due to the weapon reshuffling the alternative HUD is showing some wrong icons. You may want to add an ALTHUDCF lump to fix this and assign the proper pickup sprites as icons for the weapons.
Gez

Post by Gez »

E4M7: line #2750 has a W1 type, but is one-sided. Probably should be cleared.
Sectors #6 and #8 are inconsistent, it looks like they should have the same floor flat.
zrakbz

Post by zrakbz »

Gez wrote:E4M1
I've asked Revae to fix those two secrets after another guy pointed that out OOOPS

About those torches you mentioned in a later post: that's a hardware rendering thing afaik, in software the fire sprite displays "over" the ceiling and it looks good.

Sorry about the map being confusing. In hindsight, there's definitely a lot of things that could confuse players, but I'm content because I really did my best. IDK, I like it.
Revae

Post by Revae »

zrakbz wrote: In hindsight, there's definitely a lot of things that could confuse players, but I'm content because I really did my best. IDK, I like it.
Such is the way of mapping.
I'm okay with it regardless because the bonus ep is just that. A bonus. The rest of it is mostly speed maps and arenas. Hell E4M9 isn't even a real map, it's 100% a joke/set piece.
Korell

Re: REKKR - V1.13

Post by Korell »

Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I am so ultra excited to play this mod, which I still think it deserve to be a separate IWAD in a .ipk3 format (I could help).
While I have already played it Coop with the old 1.0 release (it had several flaws now fixed mostly), I am streaming the v1.13 daily on FB in this Group and then noticed these issues on E1M7.
I can only say congratulatins to all of you, this is some insane and truly professional work, will update you from time to time if I'll find some more stuff which needs to be fixed though.

OH BTW IF THIS WON'T GET A CACOWARD I WILL LEAVE THE DOOM COMMUNITY :P
wolfmanfp
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by wolfmanfp »

Ozymandias81 wrote:I am so ultra excited to play this mod, which I still think it deserve to be a separate IWAD in a .ipk3 format (I could help).
So do I. Here's the content of my IWADINFO lump, feel free to use it:
IWad
{
Name = "REKKR"
Autoname = "rekkr"
Game = "Doom"
Config = "Doom"
Mapinfo = "mapinfo/doom1.txt"
}
Rename the standalone wad's extension to .iwad, and it works!
Gez

Post by Gez »

Ozymandias81 wrote:in a .ipk3 format
Why? It's a WAD, the simplest is to make it a .iwad.
Burly Jim

Post by Burly Jim »

Hey, a lot of props are floating in midair. Anything I can do to fix this?
Revae

Post by Revae »

Burly Jim wrote:Hey, a lot of props are floating in midair. Anything I can do to fix this?
Software renderer shouldn't do that. Not sure why that's happening.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Gez wrote:
Ozymandias81 wrote:in a .ipk3 format
Why? It's a WAD, the simplest is to make it a .iwad.
Pardon but I am so used with pk3 files that I have forgot it! :roll:
mikecari

Post by mikecari »

Burly Jim wrote:Hey, a lot of props are floating in midair. Anything I can do to fix this?
Having the same issue actually. Rocks and grass seem to float.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”