The Inquisitor 3D v1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
-Ghost-

Re: The Inquisitor III

Post by -Ghost- »

This is a great mod, it's been a lot of fun running through it. The exploration in particular is pretty good, though sometimes it's hard to tell where to go with the tree sprites since they block a space bigger than the actual sprite sometimes.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

-Ghost- wrote:This is a great mod, it's been a lot of fun running through it. The exploration in particular is pretty good, though sometimes it's hard to tell where to go with the tree sprites since they block a space bigger than the actual sprite sometimes.
Have you already finished the whole game? It would be interesting to know which attributes (strength, dexterity etc.) you raised in the first place. :)
The radius of the trees was made more than apparent radius of their sprites, as otherwise we would have to put the trees too close to each other on the map.
pagb666

Post by pagb666 »

How the hell do I spend further skill points... I mean, how do I get back to the pools from the tutorial?
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

pagb666: You have your own room in the local pub in Tristram. Go to boed, go to sleep.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Shadowman wrote:
-Ghost- wrote:This is a great mod, it's been a lot of fun running through it. The exploration in particular is pretty good, though sometimes it's hard to tell where to go with the tree sprites since they block a space bigger than the actual sprite sometimes.
Have you already finished the whole game? It would be interesting to know which attributes (strength, dexterity etc.) you raised in the first place. :)
The radius of the trees was made more than apparent radius of their sprites, as otherwise we would have to put the trees too close to each other on the map.
Nah I'm still in the forest. I haven't leveled up many times yet, but was going for STR/WIS in what I assume is like a Paladin/Cleric style build, since that's what I usually play in Hexen.

Most of the trees are actually okay, it just seems to be the wider, shorter one that goes a little past its sprite. There's probably no good way to do it though, so it's not a big deal.
pagb666

Post by pagb666 »

ramon.dexter wrote:pagb666: You have your own room in the local pub in Tristram. Go to boed, go to sleep.
Oh... Thanks!
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

-Ghost- wrote:I haven't leveled up many times yet, but was going for STR/WIS in what I assume is like a Paladin/Cleric style build, since that's what I usually play in Hexen.
A good choice. Protective spells will help you (their default choice - button R, if at least one scroll is learned)
Toyoch

Post by Toyoch »

Awesome mod, just got the elder gun so far. Playing on UV, my current stats are STR 23, DEX 10, WIS 17, low VIT and INT. Got like 12k gold.
Here are my thoughts about the mod :
+ Huge, detailed map.
+ Character progression with actual meaning. My opinions about stats here:
Spoiler:
+ Towns and golds for supplies and healing items vendor offering free healing. I had serious health/ammo problem in Inquisitor 1/2 on UV(I beated them both after lots of attempts, especially vs the final boss).
+ Great arrays of consumables and items.
/ Voices(played when you try to open locked doors, activate scrolls you can't learn yet) are in Russian even in English version, but this is a minor problem for me.
- Enemies are a bit overly powerful. I hate Afrits always dodging my slow-ass crossbow bolts.
- Performance isn't that great, due to the map details.
- Easy to get lost in maps.

I encountered a problem in the Nightmare level(map09), where I can't restart that map when I die or try to load one of my savegames, with an error "savegame is from a different level".
EDIT : I updated the wad and retried, then I can no longer load map07 either :(
EDIT #2 : with the updated wad, I used IDCLEV09 and went straight to the map in question, saved the game with different name, loaded it, and it gave me that error.
Last edited by Toyoch on Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

2Toyoch:
Have you gone to the end of the wad?
Unfortunately, the old saves will not work with the updated version. I do not recommend updating the wad until the completion of the current game (or really you can start a new game in the new version from the beginning).
RPG system does not allow to start a game from any level, since the sequence of tasks and game logic will be broken.
pagb666

Post by pagb666 »

Having a blast. Currently at the Catacombs, they are massive, I'm like an hour into them and it seems there's still plenty to do. But I think you overdid it a bit, I'm having low framerates in them, perfectly playable, but nowhere near 60fps. (Nevermind, it was Vsync, disabling it helped, but still not 60fps on a beefy comp)
Toyoch

Post by Toyoch »

Shadowman wrote:2Toyoch:
Have you gone to the end of the wad?
Unfortunately, the old saves will not work with the updated version. I do not recommend updating the wad until the completion of the current game (or really you can start a new game in the new version from the beginning).
RPG system does not allow to start a game from any level, since the sequence of tasks and game logic will be broken.
5 Hours and just reached the Castle. I believe that's about 50-60% done.
Maybe that "sequence break" may have caused in that Nightmare level because its character stats seem independent with the main storyline.

I think I'll just restart the game, but possibly with different stat set, like getting INT instead of DEX for spells(and late game weapons), because Crossbows are practically useless.

Edit : So I reached the Nightmare level again with the new version, and that problem persists. Maybe I should just IDDQD through it.

Edit 2 : So I progressed to the Inferno. I'm stuck with the 4 switch portal puzzle.
Also, here are things I thought so far, and encountered:
Spoiler:
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

pagb666 wrote:I'm stuck with the 4 switch portal puzzle.
Did you read the books? The last book says: "Look for mana below!"
Spoiler:
Toyoch

Post by Toyoch »

Shadowman wrote:
pagb666 wrote:I'm stuck with the 4 switch portal puzzle.
Did you read the books? The last book says: "Look for mana below!"
Spoiler:
I only saw mana spawning at the entrance, not near the portals.

Anyways, I did the bruteforce(phew!) and got to the ending. Here are my final stats and thoughts:
Spoiler:
It took me about 8-10 hour on UV. It was very difficult, but still doable. 10/10 totally recommended for anyone who likes adventures.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

The wad is now placed on 'idgames':
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/l...ts/g-i/inqstr3e

This version contains only the English version of the wad and the compressed resources, which we were forced to make in order to stay within limits. One music track has been replaced by the midi music (in the Castle's prison). Music in the forest (map 03 - The wilderness) has been replaced by a similar (but smaller in size) track.

The full version that contains English and Russian versions of the wad and uncompressed resources still available on my website at the link in the 1-st post.
Toyoch wrote:Anyways, I did the bruteforce(phew!) and got to the ending.
Great! Another time try the warrior path. High Dexterity increases the damage of crossbows and elder gun :)
Spoiler:
Jake Crusher

Post by Jake Crusher »

Updated DW's link in thread's OP.

P.S. Just a small remidner - we're always welcome your feedback about wad!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”