The Inquisitor 3D v1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Shadowman

Re: The Inquisitor III

Post by Shadowman »

Zan wrote: Hey, by the way, can any of you please answer me some editing related questions (in pm I guess)? I'm making my first game and wanted to ask you some simple stuff like how you added different music in different areas, or how you make text pop up on your screen, or how you made those tnt blow-able walls.
Yes, you can ask directly in the topic.
1. Different music can be added by the script. See https://zdoom.org/wiki/SetMusic for details.
2. "tnt blow-able walls" is a trick. We use a script at the wall that checks whether a player has dynamite. If yes, then there is an object - an explosion - is spawned and the part of the wall is lowered quickly (like Floor_lower to lowest or similar action). And dynamite is taken from the player's inventory.
3. " how you make text pop up on your screen" - it is a rather complicated system of scripts.
The R button summons a script that checks for specific items in the player's inventory and refers to the scripts responsible for the scrolling arrows to select an answer in dialogues (by 2, 3, 4, 5 positions). The button T summons a script that checks for other special items in the player's inventory, and refers to the scripts responsible for the withdrawal of the corresponding replica of the text, which also depend on the position in the dialogue.
Special items are put into inventory and taken away during the dialogue.
For a better understanding of the dialogs system see scripts on the maps (eg, simple dialogues of peasants or guards on MAP 07).
Zan

Post by Zan »

Alright, thanks, I'll look into it.
Zan

Post by Zan »

Yeah, I went to the Valley, damn I missed a lot. I remember finding the gate but I told myself I'd come later and completely forgot about it. A desert area and an underwater temple were just what the game's landscapes needed. Loved it.

Also, I found Big Memka's easter egg in the castle.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Shadowman wrote:
Mere_Duke wrote: PS2: I've found 2 mapmaker's autographs/signs/easter eggs, are there any other I missed?
Thanks! :)
Spoiler:
These:
Spoiler:
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

So, you've found easter eggs of Big Memka and Guest, but haven't found an easter egg of me :)
adboi

Post by adboi »

whenever I try to open this it's just a bunch of weird textures and little caution sign looking things all over the place. I also get a bunch of messages that say things like "ACS: I don't know what Imana1 is" and "unknown type 22127 at (-2208.0, 9520). I downloaded Inquisitor 2 and it works perfectly fine. And yes, i'm using the right version of gzdoom. Anyone know what the deal is?
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

Just a heads up the main link is dead.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

adboi wrote:whenever I try to open this it's just a bunch of weird textures and little caution sign looking things all over the place. I also get a bunch of messages that say things like "ACS: I don't know what Imana1 is" and "unknown type 22127 at (-2208.0, 9520).
How do you launch the wad? You need to unzip the archive before launching.
Command line for playing the wad is: gzdoom.exe -file inq3resE.pk3 inqstr3e.wad
Version - GZDoom 2.2.0
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

g2.2.0... that's pretty outdated. Why not download the newest version, g2.4.0?
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Captain J wrote:g2.2.0... that's pretty outdated. Why not download the newest version, g2.4.0?
It works for myself even with 3 0 0
PS Such a brilliant secret level in this mod :D
Zan

Post by Zan »

Mere_Duke wrote:
Captain J wrote:g2.2.0... that's pretty outdated. Why not download the newest version, g2.4.0?
It works for myself even with 3 0 0
PS Such a brilliant secret level in this mod :D
All the levels are brilliant, lol

Also, why don't you upload this to ModDB?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Zan wrote:Also, why don't you upload this to ModDB?
If he've got a permission or convince the author to do, then we can upload this mod to the moddb.

We had enough with TheUnbeholden's uploading, i'm afraid to say.
Zan

Post by Zan »

Well, I guess Shadowman can upload it, can't he?
It's a pity to not have this gem up there, I'm sure it would grow more popular.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

I have found errors in english version; related to speech & in-game messages. Like some conversation titles have incorrect encoding or some typos, etc.
It's not essential but I think that this gem should be perfect in every aspect. I have fixed most errors by myself but I have no permission to upload this modified version and also haven't tested it thoroughly; also I think to complete I need a help from the native speaker to correct some phrases and poems.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”