The Inquisitor 3D v1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zan

Re: The Inquisitor 3D

Post by Zan »

Gave Inquisitor 3D a run, and what can I say, it's just as amazing as I remember it except in 3D. Shadowman, I'll send you some screenshots with some spelling errors (on ENG version) and graphic issues.

Other than that, this time I played a dex/int build, and I only have a bit of general feedback.

For weapons, I think the flamethrower spell should cost double or maybe even triple the mana it does right now, as it is very powerful and once you get it you have little incentive to use anything else.
I also think the Shotgun needs to be buffed just a little, and the str dependence on damage should be removed, making it dex only. I rarely felt the need to use it when the crossbows seemed to do a lot more damage and be more effective at range and I think a ~20-30% damage boost is just what it needs to be more viable at close range and have its own special use.
This time I only got to use the Cannon late in game when I got the str but for some reason primary fire did not use any blue mana (or anything at all?) Is this a bug or is it intentional?
The Staff of Zharduk also feels a bit weak and I rarely felt the need to use it when I could put that mana into casing stronger spells. Perhaps you could make the primary a bit stronger and give it a homing effect too.

Also, one thing that has been mentioned before but I really wish you did something about: performance. I can't see why you couldn't remove some dynamic lights, 3D floors and effects like smoke in places like Tristan or the King's Castle and make the performance better. I stuttered on a GTX 1060, and that's a big pity imo. At the King's Castle I even found some reflective floors by the walls which are barely noticeable and I don't see why you couldn't remove some stuff like that to let people enjoy these beautiful maps without a slideshow.

But yeah, other than this I think you've made an outstanding good job with this, I really love it and will keep recommending it to everyone I can!
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Now we are doing a small update, we will try to take into account the comments. An alternative attack of Zharduk's staff depends on wisdom.
We decided to make the speed of reloading crossbows depending on dexterity, so that with high dexterity we get almost a crossbow-machine gun)
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

I read all the info in here and doomworld forums, watched youtube videos of pagb666, tried everything but couldn't open the portcullis at catacombs living quarters waterway. Please help me. For three days, I have been refusing to move ahead until I open it.
Zan

Post by Zan »

I remember getting it on my first playthrough but this time I also missed it (I think it gave you the See Invisible spell as a reward?)
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

anjinsanroland wrote:I read all the info in here and doomworld forums, watched youtube videos of pagb666, tried everything but couldn't open the portcullis at catacombs living quarters waterway. Please help me. For three days, I have been refusing to move ahead until I open it.
Search the buildings in 'living quarters' area for time (speed) secret...
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Shadowman wrote:
anjinsanroland wrote:I read all the info in here and doomworld forums, watched youtube videos of pagb666, tried everything but couldn't open the portcullis at catacombs living quarters waterway. Please help me. For three days, I have been refusing to move ahead until I open it.
Search the buildings in 'living quarters' area for time (speed) secret...
There remains only one repeatable switch, the one in the back-right room of nearest building. I run as fast as I can but it doesn't seem to work.
EDIT: Ah, I got it. Watched the videos again. That switch does not open the portcullis, but the one that opens it. I couldn't have solved it myself; however Inquisitor 3D is a magnifient stand-alone rpg. Thank you.

Edit 2 Question: Is there something I have to do before I sleep on Snow White's bed to trigger the secret level? Because I just sleep and wake up. Edit 3 Solution: I had to complete blue soulstone quest.
Edit 2 feedback: Some events are triggered by picking up objects, however when your inventory is already full you cannot trigger them without first wasting some items. If you could tie events to moving over the location where the objects are it will be more immersive.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

Inquisitor 3D has been updated to version 1.2.
Download: https://yadi.sk/d/YiDReTM4RQTSSw

General changes:
- armor models were added;
- a model of the Bogdan's flail was added;
- some models were fixed;
- alternative attack of Zharduk's staff (causing insufficient damage) was fixed;
- many small edits on maps;
- when switching between locations, the temporary effects of spells and items are saved;
- the transition between locations now does not require re-casting power up’s;
- the maximum number of bags with additional arrows increased from 2 to 4;
- menu for displaying breath under water was added.

Gameplay changes:
- Crossbow rate now depends on Dexterity.
- Ordinary arrows of a light crossbow, when hit, bounce and with some probability can be picked up for reuse.
- Explosive bolts of a heavy crossbow with their explosions attract the attention of surrounding monsters (the effect does not distract monsters who have already reacted to the player).
- Attack with the sword spends stamina, the speed of recovery of which depends on Strength. The more stamina is spent, the longer it will recover. With reduced stamina, the speed of attack with the sword drops.
Last edited by Shadowman on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

This definitely needs more recognition. Especially when it is now a standalone title. Its mightly impressive.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Any specific reason the filename is called "Unquisitor" now instead of "Inquisitor"? Has the name of the project changed? Regardless, I'm glad that this project is still being developed, it is among my favorite total conversions I have ever played.
Last edited by skdursh on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

No. It's a mistake. Thank you for attention!
I've re-uploaded the archive.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Ah, I understand. No problem, I look forward to playing through this masterpiece once again. As a side note I was wondering if you knew anything about Doomstalker's Подземелье 2 project? The thread on iddqd.ru hasn't updated in a year or so, but it was heading in a very promising direction. I don't have an account there to ask myself and my Russian isn't the best it could be either.
Jaska
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Jaska »

This is just great TC. My laptop just can't handle it :( FPS is unplayable. I still played about a hour with that poor FPS. World is created with care I appreciate. I can only imagine how much time & effort has been put into this. Checked oncoming maps with editor.. Amazing maps visually!
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Jaska wrote:This is just great TC. My laptop just can't handle it :( FPS is unplayable. I still played about a hour with that poor FPS. World is created with care I appreciate. I can only imagine how much time & effort has been put into this. Checked oncoming maps with editor.. Amazing maps visually!
Turn off fog, vsync and anti-aliasing entirely and turn on Vulkan if you haven't already. Should boost 20-40 fps.
Jaska
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Jaska »

skdursh wrote:Turn off fog, vsync and anti-aliasing entirely and turn on Vulkan if you haven't already. Should boost 20-40 fps.
Got only something around 7 fps even not in the most complex map.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

Jaska wrote:Got only something around 7 fps even not in the most complex map.
What are the parameters of your laptop?

I am sorry, but the mod for Doom on the gzdoom engine is not required to go on the i486 processor or the first Pentium. Although we tried to optimize the maps as much as possible, but, unfortunately, there are things that cannot be optimized without loss of content. In addition, the gzdoom engine itself is not optimized.
It seems that the authors of modern gzdoom-mods need to specify system requirements, as for ordinary commercial video games.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”