WASTELAND

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: WASTELAND

Post by Vostyok »

Hmm.. not sure I understand the first part. Like, scripting part. I will have to have a look around a bit on the wiki.

I will try and start a sprite for you this weekend. I use PDN files though, not PSD. But I will drop some examples and keep it all separate so it shouldn't be too much work for you :)
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

Cool thanks man! :wink: And about the VEHICLE System I've a lots of things to do so let me work on that and I will be able to help you for your bike... why a Wastelander could not help a Scanvenger! :D :P
Last edited by GENTEK on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

GENTEK wrote:.... why a Wastelander could not help a Scanvenger! :D :P
Because you might be hiding food from me :twisted:
kodi

Post by kodi »

I'm interested in how you handle momentum and drag for the bike since I'm writing a vehicle system myself ATM.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

It's based on a inventory item that increases/decreases A_recoil amounts. As you hold "accelerate", you add speed giving a slow build up. If you release the button the speed decreases slowly, unless you "brake" which gives a sharp drop-off but it still won't stop you hitting a wall if you are going flat out. I will give you a full walk-through once it's perfected.
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

Vostyok wrote:Because you might be hiding food from me :twisted:
Never trust a Scavenger! :P
kodi

Post by kodi »

Vostyok wrote:It's based on a inventory item that increases/decreases A_recoil amounts. As you hold "accelerate", you add speed giving a slow build up. If you release the button the speed decreases slowly, unless you "brake" which gives a sharp drop-off but it still won't stop you hitting a wall if you are going flat out. I will give you a full walk-through once it's perfected.
I see! I'm using a system based entirely on A_Warp and A_ChangeAngle along with fake velocity variables for more exact control. Movement and rotation drag are variables so they can be changed depending on ground friction, the angle of the vehicle relative to the movement vector (which should allow for handbrake turns and spinouts later) and so on.

early development video

Very different to your method, but I'd still really like to see it once it it's done :D
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

No problem, I will of course be sharing all. You've got an interesting approach as well.

I dunno, is this year of the wheel in the Doom calendar? Lots of vehicle mods I'm seeing :lol:
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

BUILDING: The office building

All render mode & tonemap work like a charm with the level design! :D
ImageImage
SoulCircle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SoulCircle »

Holy mother of god, it lives. This is looking better than ever Gentek! Keep up the amazing work!

EDIT: I should add more to this. The gun looks great, the atmosphere of the level seems perfect, the compass up top is something that I always love, and, of my, those footsteps. I swear I have a think for gritty footstep noises in Doom.
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

Woah! Thanks a lot for this comment it's always cool to see someone having an interest for the project like that! :D
Last edited by GENTEK on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yes! Definitely want to see more of the mapping, since atmosphere is really your strongest skill, Gentek. Make use of it and build some complex maps to creep through. :D
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

I think you're not the welcome here... :P
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

That looks superb. :yup:
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

Hey thanks Enjay! :D Glad to see you like that! :wink: