WASTELAND

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: WASTELAND

Post by Captain J »

Whooa, now that's Radially, really scary! And that head... Looks familiar. From Night Slashers, i guess?
Lt.blam

Post by Lt.blam »

GENTEK wrote:
Lt.blam wrote:...can we to see expect some kind of extremely powerful and super rare, shiny, chrome power armor? Ala Fallout?
Maybe I will see! :D
What about these modifications on the body frame... I think the upper part is cool not final but cool... some ideas for the legs ?
The upper part looks pretty cool, I like all the gore and bits of bone. Although I do think it could do with a head and a bit more flesh. I think it could be cool if there were patches of "stringy" ripped skin. Also as I've said before I think the arms should be flesh coloured. Personally I think the black skin doesn't do these sprites any favours, but that's just my opinion.

As for the legs I think you ought to go for the same kind of look as the arms, what with the big holes in 'em and such.
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

Captain J wrote:Whooa, now that's Radially, really scary! And that head... Looks familiar. From Night Slashers, i guess?
Yep! Exactly! Tiny Demo!
Lt.blam wrote:Also as I've said before I think the arms should be flesh coloured. Personally I think the black skin doesn't do these sprites any favours, but that's just my opinion.
As for the legs I think you ought to go for the same kind of look as the arms, what with the big holes in 'em and such.
All will be recolored and textured actually it's more a puzzle part when I try to connect all! :D
I think the Black Arms could be a mix of bones & flesh and like you've said I could try the same way for the legs!
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

What about that now... ? :D
ImageImage
EDIT: Updated Head & Torso!
Last edited by GENTEK on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lt.blam

Post by Lt.blam »

Ohhh.... That's fuckin' METAL!!!!! You nailed it! I still think that the arms would look better flesh colored, but great job overall.
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

OMG! They looks fucking cool ingame! Different type of mutants could be really cool for the feeling when they run to catch you!
I will take a break of all and really focus on that! So with something like 2-3 mutants + the Vostyok Gas Mask final version + some weapons and light source I will be able to release a DEMO! :D
ImageImage
XristoferLee

Re: MAD MAX

Post by XristoferLee »

Lud wrote:I suppose he suffers from the Rapidly Dropping Motivation syndrome. I got the same thing - I start something with skyrocketing motivation and then realise that it'll probably take me forever or longer to finish it alone, aaaand it's gone, all of it. I like getting all the credit, but it's just not worth it on the long run, come to think of it. Like Vidar from Diablo 3 said: "Tried the adventuring life. Didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit."

Otherwise, the graphics look amazing, as expected from GENTEK. :)
How about making a team instead of trying to do it alone. Team work gets more done. :D
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

For sure a Team could be a plus for the project mostly since I really need help with sprites! :D
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

GENTEK wrote:For sure a Team could be a plus for the project mostly since I really need help with sprites! :D
I could probably help out here and there with weapon animations if you need that sort of help. Don't have much time to sprite anymore but I can set aside some time to pump out reload animations and all that jazz.
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

Oh! Thanks man! :D I will PM you!
SoulCircle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SoulCircle »

Mr.Enchanter wrote:
GENTEK wrote:For sure a Team could be a plus for the project mostly since I really need help with sprites! :D
I could probably help out here and there with weapon animations if you need that sort of help. Don't have much time to sprite anymore but I can set aside some time to pump out reload animations and all that jazz.
Welcome to the Wasteland, neighbor. Hope to see your work in this project soon!
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

Some new guys you could encountered in the WASTELAND! :D
ImageImage
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Strangers among us.
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

Since 2 weeks I work on a new textures design style for WASTELAND... now it's more Detroit-ish for a better feeling of a real candy for the eyes!
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

GENTEK wrote:OMG! They looks fucking cool ingame! Different type of mutants could be really cool for the feeling when they run to catch you!
I will take a break of all and really focus on that! So with something like 2-3 mutants + the Vostyok Gas Mask final version + some weapons and light source I will be able to release a DEMO! :D
ImageImage
Jesus, those are some scary buggers. Dat M16, tho.

I never understood what it is about post-apocalyptic Doom mods and the MAC-10, though. Not a complaint, as I do very much LIKE the MAC-10, but it's something I've noticed that Wasteland and Ashes have in common.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”