WASTELAND

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: WASTELAND

Post by ramon.dexter »

When I need inspiration, I play some game which has the setting I'm making. So I would sdvice you to play some post apo. Fallout is good, but stalker is way better. But not the original games, but lost alpha or some other mod. Some locations are good - abandoned factories, military installations, laboratories and stuff.
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

Peoples have cool ideas too so this is why I ask! All these games are on my HDD! :D
Mr.Enchanter wrote:What about an irradiated cemetery?
It's a MUST hehe! 8-)
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

I work actually on the first vehicle and by the same time the first driving enemies! What I've in mind is a player who can shoot at 270 around him during he drive! Actually the buggy in the video is done with all rotations and I've started modifications hehehe and soon I will start to code this vehicle. Imagine all we could do with that... explosion, enemies Inside who shoot you, minigun on the vehicle... I plan to have motocross & buggy for the DEMO!
CONCEPT Prototype! To help you guys to visualize where I go with that!
Last edited by GENTEK on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh, what a lovely driving scene!
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

The wheels are not spinning at all. That looks strange.
Last edited by ramon.dexter on Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

In game the Wheels will spin! This is just a concept video to help peoples to visualize! :P
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

ramon.dexter wrote:That looks dumb.
Was that part of the comment really necessary?
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Is that better?
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

That sound better! :wink:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

We'd appreciate the opinions snd critics of own as long they're not being unnecessarily rude, please.
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

A preview of the WIP VEHICLE System! :D
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

The fact that you are doing this using the gzdoom (I tink) is mind blowing.

And the Mad max astetic you are going for is looking good. i can't give more info since i haven't seen the videos yet.
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

Hey thanks for the comment glad to see you like that! :D Wasteland is Heavy Inspired by Mad Max effectively! :P
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I'd like to know how you got the free look movement on the bike. That's pretty groovy!

Also, did you want something similar to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for your character sprites?
GENTEK

WASTELAND

Post by GENTEK »

With an angle limitation the Bike offset is pushed to the inverted side where you look & shoot! The wepon sprite can be always at right because if you test it right on your chair lol your hand and your eyes on your gun have the same position only the bike or your screen is pushed to the inverted position!

This type of survivor is near of what I've in mind for the most common humans I will see what I do for desert ones since the temperature is different so they could have skin arms!
This guy must be easy to modified... backpack, gasmask, color, equipment, head, arms... if you save your sheet with photoshop use the native format .PSD to let me able to use all separated layers or if you can't... just share me all separated layers in .PNG. When you see a human he can be an enemy or an allied! So you can simply be an asshole lol and kill him for his equipment and food or be enjoy to have a new friend! :P This is why it's important to have backpack on survivor!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”