On Cosmic Tides - Yar har, fiddle dee dee! [WIP]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: On Cosmic Tides - Yar har, fiddle dee dee! [WIP]

Post by Captain J »

Although you're not an artist, but you eventually made those sprites and they looks absolutely great. So why you not call yourself artist even though you can make those nice sprites and such?

Anyhow, those are wonderful thing and can't wait to see more sprites from you. Good luck!
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Indeed, this is how I learnt how to sprite. Get a good graphics editor and you'll be surprised what you can create with a bit of practice.
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Post by Mor'Ladim »

HEY, MAN! You do those neat little item effects well, so even if you think you do not have any artistic abilities (which is WRONG), then at least you've got that going for ya! I hope to learn more about those effects at some point so I can pull off some interesting things.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Heads-up! It’s a HUD replacement for the normal HUD as drawn by Mor’ladim! Wow, he’s done both the normal HUD AND the fullscreen HUD. Is there any graphic this man can’t make better?

(That was a rhethorical question. The answer is no)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Now with royal gold-sprinkles. And i'm sure Mr. Mor has more possibility to do and whatnot.
MrVT

Post by MrVT »

I can't wait to play it! :D
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Computer analysis reveals that lava is hot.

...So now that High Noon Drifter is out, I can take all of the ZScript knowledge I've learned and port the codebase here to it. I'm glad I took the time to actually learn what ZScript was capable of and what it can do, but I've been doing a whole ton of maintenance and conversion lately and I'm really looking forward to getting back to making new stuff.
Though not to say I haven't been. As you've seen for the past how-long, one thing I've been focusing a lot of lately is mapping and trying to make maps.
This has been (and in fact still is!) an arduous process, throwing together layouts, making areas, and trying to figure out what sort of stuff would be good for a map to play through, then tossing them away on a file on my harddrive.

I'm starting to approach the 30 map count, which would mean something if more than just a handful of them were any good! Once I hit 32, I'll treat myself with something. Maybe an ice cream.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

We’re running on, what, three months of the rewrite, now? Dook Forever and Daikatana died horribly because of the constant rewrites and jumping from engine to engine, so it’s like I really AM following in the footsteps of retro FPSes!

One of the REALLY good things about rewriting the entire codebase to ZScript is that a lot of things that were handled all complicated-like are much much much much much easier to do now. I can also take a lot of things that weren’t really feasible to turn into options beforehand and make them options now.
It’s useful! Boy am I eager to get back to making new stuff, though.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Now you made me curious about the cvar
"Make the game fun"
Astraxis

Post by Astraxis »

I'm well over a month late, but I just want to say how surreal it is seeing a "Make the game fun" option. Also love the super-tiny tweaks like viewtilt, make that shit custom.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”