ZOMBIES: Extreme Epidemic Edition - 1995 TC ZDoom UPDATE

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AstroCreep

Re: ZOMBIES: Extreme Epidemic Edition - 1995 TC ZDoom UPDATE

Post by AstroCreep »

Rex705 wrote:Is it possible to get the zombies as a standalone mod?
I'm sure it's possible. But honestly, the zombies stylistically clash with regular doom sprites. I would think it would be better just to use the decorate code and redo the sprites in the doom style for a mod like that.

I am however working on a small expansion. Not anywhere close to finished yet, but making progress.
Korell

Post by Korell »

AstroCreep wrote:Due to changes, crouching is required and autoaim is recommended to be shut off.
Out of interest, why is it recommended to turn off autoaim? Is it also recommended to not use freelook, too? What about jumping?
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Korell wrote:
AstroCreep wrote:Due to changes, crouching is required and autoaim is recommended to be shut off.
Out of interest, why is it recommended to turn off autoaim? Is it also recommended to not use freelook, too? What about jumping?
Jumping is optional. Helps in some areas but others weren't made with jumping in mind (since it wasn't possible in 1995). Crouching is required because I changed the height of the player to reflect the original sprites, but did not adjust sector heights in the levels, so there are places that you could normally reach in the original but can't any more without crouching. Autoaim messes with the trajectory of the grenade so it's recommended you turn that off.
This asks me for a login. Do you need an account to download?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I created an acount, logged in and still couldn't find any download.
Namelessdeity

Post by Namelessdeity »

AstroCreep wrote:Crouching is required because I changed the height of the player to reflect the original sprites, but did not adjust sector heights in the levels...
You could scale the sprites instead so it doesn't mess with the architecture.

I really like the mod so far, I've been working on something similar.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Yeah but I’m not really sure how those would look. I would think it would either look squashed or make the levels look oversized.
RainBr

Post by RainBr »

CeeJay wrote:I created an acount, logged in and still couldn't find any download.
https://mega.nz/#!N48zRagL!HNaRAqv56ICy ... LQNZyZPmg0 it works?
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

It does now, but it is not what i thought it was. I was hoping you were uploading the hi res zombies from the previous screenshots.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

RainBr wrote:it works?
I like the edits you've done so far, however there seem to be a lot of missing textures. If you don't mind though, I'd like to use a few of those weapons you put in there.
jdredalert wrote:I was hoping you were uploading the hi res zombies from the previous screenshots.
I'd also like to check those out lmao
RainBr

Post by RainBr »

jdredalert wrote:It does now, but it is not what i thought it was. I was hoping you were uploading the hi res zombies from the previous screenshots.
https://mega.nz/#!gw8jUSSS!wDrFG9VuN-Bm ... 2_Y4AbxUFU sorry I uploaded the wrong file
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Awesome. Those zombies are pretty dope. I've been making progress on the little expansion I've been working on. Most of the levels and stuff are done, just cleaning up and finishing up the few levels I have left. Hope to be done in time for Halloween. In the meantime here's some screenie screens from what I've been working on.
Spoiler:
RainBr

Post by RainBr »

AstroCreep wrote:Awesome. Those zombies are pretty dope. I've been making progress on the little expansion I've been working on. Most of the levels and stuff are done, just cleaning up and finishing up the few levels I have left. Hope to be done in time for Halloween. In the meantime here's some screenie screens from what I've been working on.
Spoiler:
it looks really good
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Played this again the other day and was slightly disappointed at my earlier attempts, tried updating it.
I had to modify the internal wad to get some of the stuff working, so this might not work as well as an addon.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sx4b87nc ... te.7z/file

- Replaced knife attack sprites.
- Modified Hunting Rifle sprites to resemble its DotD counterpart more (lever action instead of bolt action), still based from the original sprites though, so it's not perfect.
- Replaced M60 with Thompson M1928 Drum, same reason as above.
- Replaced M16 sprites with A1 variant.
- Replaced LAW sprites. Made with intent of it being a recoilless launcher, so it has smoke instead of muzzleflash.
- Replaced shooting sounds for the Revolver/M16 and M60. Felt like using classic sounds instead of modern ones, couldn't replace all of them though.
Spoiler:
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Lookin good. I like that bazooka sprite.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”