ZOMBIES: Extreme Epidemic Edition - 1995 TC ZDoom UPDATE

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BFG

Re: ZOMBIES: Extreme Epidemic Edition - 1995 TC ZDoom UPDATE

Post by BFG »

I replied to a post above but it wouldnt let me quote for some reason
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Yuraofthehairfan wrote:Been looking for normal weaponless zombie sprites for a long time.
is it ok I use them in a wad?
I got an idea for a dark zombie wad just need the right zombies. :D
fine with me. Most of them were originally created by other people anyway. I only modified a few things in Photoshop. Mostly recolors of human sprites to make more zombies.

Update with a few fixes coming soon.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

ZikShadow wrote:I get that this would probably ruin the retro 90s feeling, but i can't help modding off the weapons.
Just take this as an optional addon if you're feeling bored or something.
No custom coding unfortunately (not exactly knowledgeable in that for now), just different sprites + sounds + few text + center rocket firing direction.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8wbi5dowkfv271m

CREDITS :

LAW - SureShot (Model + Skin)
Hunting Rifle - Lowtech Remake (Credits weren't specific enough, clarification needed.)
KABAR - Venom (Model) + Chimp_ (Skin)
Hand Sheet - Monolith + Weapon Hands Sprites Thread
Revolver - Aracnocide (Credits weren't specific enough, clarification needed.)
M60 - TwinkeMasta + Flamshmizer + Kimono
Weapon Sounds - Navaro + Magmacow

Hey, i just noticed this. You can contact me if you need credits. Lowtech Remake list isn't complete, but you can credit Chronoteeth and me for the sniper rifle, and the revolver is a edited powerslave revolver by me using Dynamo's prime target beretta parts, and HexenMapper's reloading sprite (the drum coming out).

;)
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

GAA1992 wrote: Hey, i just noticed this. You can contact me if you need credits. Lowtech Remake list isn't complete, but you can credit Chronoteeth and me for the sniper rifle, and the revolver is a edited powerslave revolver by me using Dynamo's prime target beretta parts, and HexenMapper's reloading sprite (the drum coming out).

;)
Ah, there it is then, updated credits.
I usually write specific credits instead of namedumps, so having a list of names on your sprites credits part didn't really helped me in telling who works on what.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

No problem.

Oh yeah, the sniper rifle comes from Shut Up And Bleed.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

INVENTORY N SHIT

New update. Check the first post for more details
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Can someone please click the download link for the MP3 pack and verify that it works? I'm getting a copyright notification once again and I am out of town and do not have access to the computer. It's beyond me how mediafire keeps trying to flag public domain stock music as copyrighted lol
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nope. Doesn't getting any notification at all.
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

I love this mod, check out this playthrough video I made for it. I also added a little blood-modification (it is based on the decal and model script Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote . I wrote the decorate, and created the sprites) , it's from another project I was working on. I made sure to link this thread in the description.

BFG

Post by BFG »

Glad this mod can be updated and enjoyed in 2017! is there a way to make multiple zombies appear in the area where only one monster is assigned, but not make them all balled up like that?

Also how about a slight blue tint to their skin as a tribute to the movie. And perhaps each bite deals poison damage, as it would be annoying to do what it does in the movie and infect and kill you but at the same time under powered if it just deals pinky damage.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

BFG wrote:Glad this mod can be updated and enjoyed in 2017! is there a way to make multiple zombies appear in the area where only one monster is assigned, but not make them all balled up like that?
I'm sure we can make them more separated by using map editor. The zombie ACTOR spawns group of them and they're so slow to scatter.
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

There is a way to make them spawn as hordes from a single in-game actor, with more space in-between one another. I did it with the battle and skirmish spawners in Aliens: the Ultimate Doom 9.2. However, it would need the flag for actors to move through one another, for this mod.

It is basically built off of the blood projectile coding; springing forth invisible projectiles in all direction; which on impact, spawn into another invisible actor, which wanders for a very short time, until it "dies", and randomly spawns the actual enemy actor the player sees in-game.

The enemy actor will need the flag for them to pass through their own species, or they will stack on one another.

I'm not at my personal computer, but if you want to take a look at it. It's under the decorate for "enemy replacements" for that mod.

Maybe this would be a separate mode, since it would change the layout of the enemy spawns each time you play.
BFG

Post by BFG »

That's a really good idea, that was the only thing that bugged me about this mod.

I made four new color variants for one of the zombies.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3qkwfw5xf ... olors1.wad
Attachments
Untitled12.png
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Here's an idea for the spawn-cluster issue: Give all the individual zombie actors a spawn state where they A_Wander for several zero-length frames, then drop into their "real" spawn state, like this:

Code: Select all

States {
Spawn:
    TNT1 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 0 A_Wander
SpawnLoop:
    ZOM1 ABAB 4 A_Chase //Or whatever the normal spawn state is supposed to be
    Loop
That should allow the spawner groups to break up and randomize the zombie starting positions. I may take a shot at a patch for this when I get home in about 10 hours.

8-)
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

I'm diggin all the cool edits. Some of these may have to be integrated with the actual mod

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”