ZOMBIES: Extreme Epidemic Edition - 1995 TC ZDoom UPDATE

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AstroCreep

ZOMBIES: Extreme Epidemic Edition - 1995 TC ZDoom UPDATE

Post by AstroCreep »

(note: video is from old version)

[About ZOMBIES: Extreme Epidemic Edition]

This is a modification of ZOMBIES TC, a pretty much ancient and outdated total conversion for Doom II.
Aside from packaging this mod up nicely for use with ZDoom, this also adds a few new features and fixes
not in the original mod, such as:

- New realistic looking sky textures! (Looks best in GZDoom)
- HORDES of zombies! Where there was one zombie before, there are now up to ten! Fight your way through swarms of the undead!
- Speaking of zombies, zombie enemies now act like zombies! Good ol' slow lumbering rotting Romero-style zombies!
- Cops and unarmed civilians are now friendly! Cops attack enemies! Civilians....well, are pretty much zombie chow!
- Weapons redone in DECORATE! New sprites by ZikShadow!
- High quality music from both the American and European cuts of Dawn of the Dead! Extra sounds and ambient effects from Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead!
- When humans (friendlies, rockers) die, they now rise and join the rotting ranks of the undead!
- You can now choose to play as a cop, biker, or thug! (Really the only differences are what weapons you start with)
- 8 player starts for co-op multiplayer!
- A new inventory system
- Various fixes and tweaks
Spoiler: Credits

NOTE: Although it is possible to play this with ZDoom, it is best to use GZDoom, as my modified graphics are in PNG and look like shit when played in ZDoom
As of v3.0, this now works in Zandronum
Due to changes, crouching is required and autoaim is recommended to be shut off.

TOOLS USED
SLADE, Photoshop CS6, WhackEd

Spoiler: changelog

DOWNLOAD

Mod (Updated 8/23/18)
OGG Music
ModDB Page
Last edited by AstroCreep on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 40 times in total.
JimpArgon

Re: ZOMBIES: Extreme Epidemic Edition - 1995 TC ZDoom UPDATE

Post by JimpArgon »

Oh cool! I remember playing the original TC as was wondering why the hell the cops were shooting me. This looks pretty awesome man. Thanks for sharing.
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Wooooow! This is a complete blast from the past. I remember all the cool looking things this TC did and was sad when it stopped updating. Thanks for bringing it back, Astrocreep :)
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Well, I'd like to play this, but Mediafire blocked it on copyright grounds, probably due to the music. :(
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Any chance of a trailer or at least screenshots?
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

lol well now this is something you dont see every day ;) the first mod i played on zdoom :D
Wolfbrf

Post by Wolfbrf »

This file has been identified as a copyright protected work and cannot be distributed using MediaFire.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-07-26-23-58-18.png
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Hmm. That didn't happen when I uploaded the mp3s as a patch a few years ago. I wasn't aware they were under copyright as I thought the songs were in the public domain, since George Romero usually took most of his sounds from public domain libraries. Not a problem. Just will upload them with original midis instead. I will have to re-upload tomorrow, as I have no internet where I'm at right now.
Wolfbrf

Post by Wolfbrf »

I test the link and now work :? .maybe you can upload it on another site like mod database.

Seem a mistake, the download link work now
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

I played it the first stage for a while, and, it's a nice idea but, isn't very well applied, the quantity of zombies it's so ridiculously high so.... it just doesn't make sense.
Spoiler:
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@AstroCreep
As a suggestion, upload the wad into Dropbox or better GoogleDrive, you'll don't experience the "blabla" copyright issue.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Holy shit, I was always annoyed at trying to get the old files to run nicely with ZDoom (I think I just get random cyberdemon sounds all over the map), so stoked to play this modern repackage!
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

El_Sombrerero wrote:I played it the first stage for a while, and, it's a nice idea but, isn't very well applied, the quantity of zombies it's so ridiculously high so.... it just doesn't make sense.
Spoiler:
Sounds realistic to me lol. In all zombie movies there seem to be thousands.

The reason that is is because instead of adding thousands of zombies to the maps I simply replaced them with spawners that spawn ten of them. What can I say? I'm lazy.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

wat.PNG
What actually happened to this hosted file besides copyright claim?

And no. Don't get fooled by the download button below, it's lying and it's unhealthy.

EDIT: Wait, now it works? What in the world just happened then? Does mediafire double checks the uploaded files? Oh well, forget what i've said and i'll write my thoughts after playing this.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Who knows. I'm going to upload a version without mp3s in case they take it down again.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”