Project Einherjar - Final-FINAL Release

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Project Einherjar - Final-FINAL Release

Postby ImpieTwo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Something's different! What could it be?!

Special thanks to Skelegant for adding the base for the sleeves. It was an unfinished joint project but I decided "fuck it" and jury-rigged it myself. Pretty sure this was the last little thing I absolutely needed to fix.

EDIT: I'm so fucking scatterbrained it's amazing that I can function on an hourly basis. I changed the guns to their proper names in their decorate files, but not in the decorate code for Juno herself. Fixed it to prevent any possible weapon selection bugs.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby ImpieTwo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:17 am

Okay, download is suspended until I figure out what the hell happened to the ammo drops. Apparently they got switched around and I have no idea how, so sorry for the inconvenience.

This of course had to happen right when a new video of the mod came out, so nobody who sees the video will be able to play the damn thing.

EDIT: Problem solved, I think. It was a combination of a few ammo pickups I hadn't replaced from early dev, to gzdoom builder just being an ass.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby ImpieTwo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:39 pm

Update that tags the sea mines so they don't count toward the kill count.

Also, featured on Doom Mod Madness!

ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby Captain J » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Congrats! It seems like other mods should be in the mod madness any seconds now- Oh, btw. Any more updates you can think of?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby ImpieTwo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:07 am

Captain J wrote:Any more updates you can think of?

Not offhand. Next update I do will probably be episode 2 of Midgard Outlaw, but who knows when that'll be. I'm in a play this semester and I'm looking for a day job...
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby ImpieTwo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:58 am

Revised the soundtrack slightly, fixed the Overwatch Trooper's death animations, made the gauss cannon slightly deadlier.

Also posted a remastered soundtrack wad which you can load along with the mod for slightly buffed up music.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:35 am

I have not touched this mod in a while - not because it is bad, mind you, but because like your other projects, it is so massive, it requires a significant amount of time and energy on my part and I tend to be a bit of a completionist when it comes to Doom mods. I guess it is a good time for me to dive right back in! :D

I am also glad to see you have updated so many things (including the player's hands sprites) since the last time I played. I did notice you inserted a few shitty alt-light jokes in the quit messages, though; I hope you do not mind if I edit them out myself.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby SoundOfDarkness » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:49 am

The remastered soundtrack wad doesn't work for me, it still plays the original midis ingame. Any idea what could be wrong?
SoundOfDarkness
Offering translation help for Wolfenstein based mods

Postby YukesVonFaust » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:08 am

SoundOfDarkness wrote:The remastered soundtrack wad doesn't work for me, it still plays the original midis ingame. Any idea what could be wrong?

load it after project einherjar.
YukesVonFaust
Give Me a Shake...

Discord: Yukes von Faust#9009
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby ImpieTwo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:16 am

A couple minor fixes recently, the most notable being that the Mako Gauss Cannon does more damage. Give it a test run and see if it feels too OP.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby armymen12002003 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:28 am

Hey can this be played with gameplay mods?
armymen12002003
Feel THIS, demon!

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby TheLightBad96 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:05 pm

armymen12002003 wrote:Hey can this be played with gameplay mods?

This is a total conversion, most gameplay mods will probably not works without screwing something up. however if there was a gameplay mod addition for the Total Conversion that might yield a different result.
TheLightBad96

Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.
Discord: Light/Crimson#4097

Postby ImpieTwo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:38 am

What TheLightBad96 said. You can try, but they may not work correctly, and they will definitely ruin the overall feel and content of the mod. It's best to play through it unaltered your first time through, then mess around with mod combos after, so you don't miss out on the intended experience.

EDIT: I went ahead and made an update some players will be grateful for: a new, shorter trail animation for the gauss cannon. I recolored the old one and gave it to the new weapon in Midgard Outlaw's future episodes: the Glaive, a big-ass high-powered railgun that ruptures the sound barrier and anything the projectile whizzes past.

ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby armymen12002003 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:13 pm

one thing im noticing while im doing another playthrough of this is the baddies infighting is that intentional?
armymen12002003
Feel THIS, demon!

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby ImpieTwo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Yeah, most of the common enemies infight. I think I coded it so hitscan enemies won't infight with their own class.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects