Project Einherjar - Final-FINAL Release

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Project Einherjar (WIP)

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Yes! I'm excited to see this posted. I agree with Vostyok, the ballistic knife in the artwork has got to make an appearance! It'd be a really fun weapon!

As always, I'm excited to see what you come up with next!
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I think I have an idea how I'll make it work, but the tough part will be making consistent graphics for it.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

So here's a few updates:

- New sprites for the Einherjar Juggernaut enemy. I didn't like how it clashed with the Wolf3D-esque cast, so I threw together a custom thing out of some Wolf3D mod sprites to make him look like those things from Beastmaster. He only faces one direction, but at least he meshes with the other bad guys.

- Changed the voices for the redheads and the Amazons. They better suit the characters and aren't as annoying.

- 5 maps completed. I think I'm gonna leave this at a 5-map episode, and add more episodes later.

- PDF is nearly done. Got the intro story done, but not the intermission text.

What I need now:

- Fonts that match the setting (and to figure out how to use fonts in a Doom mod, since I've never done it before.

- Some awesome weapon stuff Marty was cool enough to help me with, including the ballistic knife.

- Other shite as I think of it, I guess.
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

^
Monster looks like Bane. (From Batman)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

lol He actually does look more like classic Bane since I made the skin white and the eyes red. The eyes might look better green anyway.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Of course he looks like bane because his head were literally taken from the Batman vs. Bane mod for Wolfenstein 3D, except his skin color is grey like mutants.

Also hope i can see those tough bastards with heavy guns! :twisted:
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Captain J wrote:Also hope i can see those tough bastards with heavy guns! :twisted:
Possibly in episode 2! They're central to the plot so they'll have to come in variants sooner or later.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I updated the OP with the mod's intro storyline, and a bit of info on the novel's plot. Hopefully that'll tide people over 'til it's released. Meanwhile the book itself is out finally.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Brilliant update! But i think male enemies doesn't have more smug lines than female ones.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

^ Managed to find a decent voice for them, so that's hopefully been rectified.
ImpieTwo

Re: Project Einherjar (beta release)

Post by ImpieTwo »

Version 1 is out and ready for testing and such. Download link in the OP. Hopefully ironed out all the mistakes by now.

I'd like the final version to be a self-contained freedoom package so people don't have to have Doom to run it. Is there a tutorial on how to do that?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Finally it's now here, eh? I've tried it and it was quite good! Except some flaws and bugs i see, of course.
Spoiler: for that matter, here they are.
Hope those feedback are worthy for you! And about the standalone tutorial, is this thread explaining?
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

please if you can,do not include freedoom in your mod package ..,i personaly dont like freed. stuff .... anyway i tried your mod, it is a fun to play,but build around fire & pry concept
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

It's all very fancy!

Good female player mugshots and female soundpacks are in short supply; maybe consider releasing those as a separate download? I would definitely use the mug.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”