Project Einherjar - Final-FINAL Release

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Re: Project Einherjar (beta release)

Post by ImpieTwo »

Perhaps someday they'll make a version of Slade that isn't as unstable as a gravel skyscraper. Apparently it corrupted yet another image -- one of the Help screens -- which had to be replaced. Uploading the fix in the next few minutes.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

4.5 update!

- A couple of map fixes, including (hopefully) the bug where Althea doesn't show up for the final boss fight at the end of episode 2.

- The secret cheaty gun is now a minigun, and has its own ammo reserve.

- Gauss cannon added to the arsenal. Really rare weapon pickup. Not fully tested yet, but fun to cheat with anyway.

- Enemy gauss cannon does more damage.

- Other stuff.

ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Forgot to give the Gauss gun its own ammo type. Fixed, and changed the gun's location.

EDIT: I've been essentially novelizing the story from the game, and Bowie has become the main recurring villain, which seems to suit the story better. I've adjusted the mod accordingly, so Bloody Althea only appears in Episode 2.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I really only intended to make a fourth 7-map episode, but I ended up with a fifth in the works at the same time somehow, mostly thanks to a growing pile of rejected maps. Here's a quick sample of E5M1: Harborcide.

I'd also like to make PE the first six-episode megawad (unless I'm wrong) by setting up some kind of community episode: an "ultimate challenge" episode with maps made by people in the doom community, as one fan suggested in the past. I might do it as a speedmapping session just to make sure it doesn't take forever to finish. Problem is, I don't know how many people would be interested in that idea.

EDIT: Also, update to 4.5.4! Valravens have a bit less health, and E3M2 is no longer comprised of damaging sectors.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

ImpieTwo wrote:I'd also like to make PE the first six-episode megawad (unless I'm wrong) by setting up some kind of community episode: an "ultimate challenge" episode with maps made by people in the doom community, as one fan suggested in the past. I might do it as a speedmapping session just to make sure it doesn't take forever to finish. Problem is, I don't know how many people would be interested in that idea.
As long as there is some sort of quality control on the maps. It sounds interesting, though, and if I have time I'd be interested in contributing.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

Looks really good and I like the first 3 episodes. My only complaint would be that the player arms look very "manly".
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Yeah. They kinda needs some edits. Would be at least looking better if her arms has sleeves on.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I don't think they look manly at all, but I do agree it'd be nice if the arms had the sleeves and gloves. I doubt I could add them and retain the "undiscovered 90s FPS" look I was going for (and I def don't want Doomguy hand edits, because I want it to be visually set apart from most other mods). Maybe a more talented sprite artist could manage it.
Orka

Post by Orka »

Wow... There are no words to express how good this mod is. The maps are so well designed I love them. The variety of enemies is wide so it also makes the gameplay colorful. Everything is great... Okay I was lying... The only problem that I have is the amount of ammo... Maybe it's just my bad gaming skill but I can't save my ammunition to make it to the end alive. That's it I guess. So... Good job on this.

EDIT: Uhh... Just a question: Where did you get that green jacket german-speaking guard with a pistol?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

SmarineS wrote:EDIT: Uhh... Just a question: Where did you get that green jacket german-speaking guard with a pistol?
One of the many game rip threads on this forum, most likely torridgristle's. He ripped a lot of graphics from obscure mobile fps games that ended up going into this mod, most notably the stationary "NPC" characters.

Also, thanks for playing!
Orka

Post by Orka »

Thanks, I found them! :)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I took a few notes from Arctic Wolf for Map E5M5:

ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I went ahead and released version 5.1 until I get some more feedback, then I'll finally upload the project to idgames...assuming it will let me.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Hi!Just thought I'd let you know I finished the whole game.I'm not good at spotting bugs, but I had no problems at all, except for map 34.It lagged a lot, but I believe that it was my computer.I used the GZDoom nightly build from Mar. 27.I'm really dumb about this stuff, sorry.I enjoyed this VERY much.Thought the gameplay was good, graphics good as well.Hope this helps some! :D

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”