Project Einherjar - Final-FINAL Release

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Re: Project Einherjar (beta release)

Post by ImpieTwo »

Captain J wrote: Am i seeing the fully functional mel's melee from space pirate when you have no ammo left?

the drawing animation on every weapons doesn't appear at all.
Dammit, I solved those issues before release, and somehow they're cropping up again! What the hell?

Well, I'm totally at a loss, and really pissed about it. It was functioning just fine yesterday. I have no idea why those issues are a thing again. I gave the fists a high selection order so they wouldn't actually be selected, and when i did the playtest yesterday, it worked. The instant switch only occurs when the fists are selectable.

I'll have to just redo the whole thing now.

EDIT: Okay, I've completely removed the martial arts because I'm tired of it not working correctly. So you just have a knife now. And the ballistic knife has a projectile sprite, since apparently I forgot to add it. The download will be updated in a few minutes.

Also the Uzi is listed last because it's super cheap and only accessible via the all weapons cheat.

I'll eventually release a guns-only version so it can be used with other mods.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I revised the video to reflect the current version. Sorry for the removal of awesome martial arts moves, guys and gals.

Also, if anyone has any idea how the spring mine mechanics work and can explain how to widen its threat radius, i'd totally do it.
Alexandra wrote:Good female player mugshots and female soundpacks are in short supply; maybe consider releasing those as a separate download? I would definitely use the mug.
I asked Marty Kirra if I could borrow his Space Pirate mug and modify it, since it turned out both our protagonists were pretty similar appearance-wise. I think he in turn based it on the Selene face set, which I've attached to this post since I couldn't remember where I found it. I guess if you need a doomgirl with a punky haircut, you can always borrow mine.

I think I got her voice clips from Quake 3 Arena.
Attachments
Selene Mugshot.wad
Selene mugshot wad
(41.93 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

ImpieTwo wrote:Also, if anyone has any idea how the spring mine mechanics work and can explain how to widen its threat radius, i'd totally do it.
a_jumpifcloser can make it detonate on any radius, except it detects players too.

And to make it collectible, i think it should drop item and disappear when deactivated.
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

ImpieTwo wrote: I asked Marty Kirra if I could borrow his Space Pirate mug and modify it, since it turned out both our protagonists were pretty similar appearance-wise. I think he in turn based it on the Selene face set, which I've attached to this post since I couldn't remember where I found it. I guess if you need a doomgirl with a punky haircut, you can always borrow mine.
I see. I actually hadn't seen Selene before, which looks excellent, so thanks for posting it.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Captain J wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:Also, if anyone has any idea how the spring mine mechanics work and can explain how to widen its threat radius, i'd totally do it.
a_jumpifcloser can make it detonate on any radius, except it detects players too.
Trouble is, it can (and has) detect enemies through solid walls and activate. I'm worried if I expand the range, it'll do that more often.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oooow, never thought of that. But yeah, this is the only way i can think of. Sorry.

...But is the invisible projectiles coming from the mine that causes mine activate when it crashes into the enemies works?
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Apart from the Knife, the Terminator: Rampage weapon sprites look very out of place and frankly not good at all. They do not even look like their corresponding Duke Nukem 64 sprites.

Also, any chance of a widescreen HUD?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote: any chance of a widescreen HUD?
If I figure out how to do it, sure. Maybe. Possibly.

Main concern right now is whether or not the martial arts can be fixed so I can put 'em back in.

Also I used those hand sprites because they're the only ones on the 'net that are centered, gender-neutral, and hold the pistol the way a pistol is supposed to be held. They're a little ugly, but at least they come off like the player was actually trained to use them.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

A couple youtubers have already been enjoying the hell out of the mod, which I guess is a good sign. Hopefully the mod catches on enough to warrant more episodes.

Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

I have just played through a few of the maps so far but damn this is well done.
Excellent work on this.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Voltcom9 wrote:I have just played through a few of the maps so far
Sounds like you've played through most of the mod then. Haww-haww-haw.

Thanks for checking it out, Volt!
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

This mod is perfection.
are you planning to release more episodes for this?
(or a Sequel?)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

YukesVonFaust wrote:This mod is perfection.
are you planning to release more episodes for this?
(or a Sequel?)
Thanks! I'm hoping to at some point, I just dunno what the next episode would be beyond a vague idea or two.

Also just found out that this isn't the only mod with Einherjar in the title, so yay for Norse awareness I guess?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

At least that mod is based on the direct ancient material, not the name of the project about assassinating the target though. Nothing to worry about, i guess.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

Honestly I found the girls swearing was actually kind of funny. Between them and the blue laser troopers cussing I actually got a few laughs while playing through this. Although I can see why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”