Project Einherjar (beta release)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Project Einherjar (beta release)

Postby ImpieTwo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Dammit, I forgot to fix that one. I'll upload an update asap.
ImpieTwo

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:19 pm

Thanks! It took me a few tries, but noclipping through the shelf did the trick.

Anyway, I suggest you make it so inventory items do not count as items in the map stats, as they cannot be picked once you reach maximum capacity and thus prevent you from reaching 100%.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby ImpieTwo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:53 pm

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Anyway, I suggest you make it so inventory items do not count as items in the map stats, as they cannot be picked once you reach maximum capacity and thus prevent you from reaching 100%.

The only item that'd really be a problem with is the medical backpack, but I think people who are determined to get 100% items could figure that one out. The rest of the excess items can just be used to clear space, since by default you lose all but one of each item between levels a la heretic.
ImpieTwo

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:33 pm

You could always delete the +COUNTITEM flag in the DECORATE files.

Anyway, is there a way to increase the Spring Mine's detection radius? In their current state, they feel rather useless. I tried placing them in chokepoints like doors, but enemies seem to be able to pass right next to them - and sometimes through them, it seems - without triggering them.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby ImpieTwo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:52 pm

I discussed the mine radius with another member, either here or on doomworld (i think). As far as i can tell it detects enemies through walls, so if i increase the trigger radius it'll self-destruct even if there's a door between it and the target. I think more than once I've placed a mine just outside a door with an enemy directly on the other side, and it went off immediately. I'm not really sure how i'd increase the radius to begin with, but i could give the code another look.
ImpieTwo

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects