Project Einherjar - Final-FINAL Release

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Project Einherjar (WIP)

Postby Cardboard Marty » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Yes! I'm excited to see this posted. I agree with Vostyok, the ballistic knife in the artwork has got to make an appearance! It'd be a really fun weapon!

As always, I'm excited to see what you come up with next!
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"

Discord: Cardboard Marty#0254

Postby ImpieTwo » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:47 am

I think I have an idea how I'll make it work, but the tough part will be making consistent graphics for it.
ImpieTwo

Postby ImpieTwo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:56 pm

So here's a few updates:

- New sprites for the Einherjar Juggernaut enemy. I didn't like how it clashed with the Wolf3D-esque cast, so I threw together a custom thing out of some Wolf3D mod sprites to make him look like those things from Beastmaster. He only faces one direction, but at least he meshes with the other bad guys.

- Changed the voices for the redheads and the Amazons. They better suit the characters and aren't as annoying.

- 5 maps completed. I think I'm gonna leave this at a 5-map episode, and add more episodes later.

- PDF is nearly done. Got the intro story done, but not the intermission text.

What I need now:

- Fonts that match the setting (and to figure out how to use fonts in a Doom mod, since I've never done it before.

- Some awesome weapon stuff Marty was cool enough to help me with, including the ballistic knife.

- Other shite as I think of it, I guess.
ImpieTwo

Postby JimpArgon » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:59 pm

^
Monster looks like Bane. (From Batman)
JimpArgon
:) (:
Banned User

Postby ImpieTwo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:33 pm

lol He actually does look more like classic Bane since I made the skin white and the eyes red. The eyes might look better green anyway.
ImpieTwo

Postby Captain J » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:33 am

Of course he looks like bane because his head were literally taken from the Batman vs. Bane mod for Wolfenstein 3D, except his skin color is grey like mutants.

Also hope i can see those tough bastards with heavy guns! :twisted:
Captain J
Oh... Oh hi!

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby ImpieTwo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:04 am

Captain J wrote:Also hope i can see those tough bastards with heavy guns! :twisted:

Possibly in episode 2! They're central to the plot so they'll have to come in variants sooner or later.
ImpieTwo

Postby ImpieTwo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:21 am

I updated the OP with the mod's intro storyline, and a bit of info on the novel's plot. Hopefully that'll tide people over 'til it's released. Meanwhile the book itself is out finally.
ImpieTwo

Postby ImpieTwo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:53 am

ImpieTwo

Postby Captain J » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:16 am

Brilliant update! But i think male enemies doesn't have more smug lines than female ones.
Captain J
Oh... Oh hi!

Postby ImpieTwo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:22 pm

^ Managed to find a decent voice for them, so that's hopefully been rectified.
ImpieTwo

Re: Project Einherjar (beta release)

Postby ImpieTwo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:43 am

Version 1 is out and ready for testing and such. Download link in the OP. Hopefully ironed out all the mistakes by now.

I'd like the final version to be a self-contained freedoom package so people don't have to have Doom to run it. Is there a tutorial on how to do that?
ImpieTwo

Postby Captain J » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:53 am

Finally it's now here, eh? I've tried it and it was quite good! Except some flaws and bugs i see, of course.
Spoiler: for that matter, here they are.
Hope those feedback are worthy for you! And about the standalone tutorial, is this thread explaining?
Captain J
Oh... Oh hi!

Postby wolf00 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:18 am

please if you can,do not include freedoom in your mod package ..,i personaly dont like freed. stuff .... anyway i tried your mod, it is a fun to play,but build around fire & pry concept
wolf00

Postby Alexandra » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:28 pm

It's all very fancy!

Good female player mugshots and female soundpacks are in short supply; maybe consider releasing those as a separate download? I would definitely use the mug.
Alexandra

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects