- New sprites for the Einherjar Juggernaut enemy. I didn't like how it clashed with the Wolf3D-esque cast, so I threw together a custom thing out of some Wolf3D mod sprites to make him look like those things from Beastmaster. He only faces one direction, but at least he meshes with the other bad guys.
- Changed the voices for the redheads and the Amazons. They better suit the characters and aren't as annoying.
- 5 maps completed. I think I'm gonna leave this at a 5-map episode, and add more episodes later.
- PDF is nearly done. Got the intro story done, but not the intermission text.
What I need now:
- Fonts that match the setting (and to figure out how to use fonts in a Doom mod, since I've never done it before.
- Some awesome weapon stuff Marty was cool enough to help me with, including the ballistic knife.
Finally it's now here, eh? I've tried it and it was quite good! Except some flaws and bugs i see, of course.
Spoiler: for that matter, here they are.
- Am i seeing the fully functional mel's melee from space pirate when you have no ammo left? Because it definitely from the mod, hope it's just a placeholder.
- Ballistic knife still reloads even though it has no ammo left, and then i put them down. And there's another problem; the drawing animation on every weapons doesn't appear at all.
And Ballistic knife's projectile has no sprite but tracer, and is it actually necessary to explode when it's crashed?
- I'm not a big fan of how weapon slot works, why Uzi and Scattergun has to be separated?
- Thunderhammer Assault Shotgun does not eject casing when cocking unlike scattergun.
- Some of the fire sounds has less quality, especially Raven M40 pistol. And if i can donate something, there's clean version of M40 pistol's fire sound from Duke Plus.
- Dessler Flak Cannon's Projectile has no decal, yet so big.
- Scattergun ejects bigass casing, and i kinda don't like it.
- Uzi fires two bullets, but the fire sound only plays once.
- I wish Big and small ammo for Gungnir Rifle had a different looks, Just being big or small doesn't make the difference from long distance.
- Bouncing Betty doesn't much detects enemies on small radius, it's like they must step on it to detect it. And about that, i want to deactivate it when failed to detect and collect it to use it again, if you know what i mean.
- Fire spawned after explosive barrel exploded doesn't play sizzling sound, would be neato if you can add one.
- Portable Missile Pod's missile projectile has no decal.
Now this part is about enemy issues;
- Male guard is less threatening; his projectile doesn't move so fast. Also the projectile has no decal.
- Flying Drone shoots some kind of anesthetic dart? Would be nice if it has some kind of tick sound when crashed. Also the drone doesn't have explosion sound when it's destroyed, instead it just plays voice. Oh, also they're so weak; can be killed in two shots from a pistol.
- Heavily armed Einherjar and Dr. Gaul's chaingun fire sound doesn't much threatening; it just plays pistol fire sound.
Hope those feedback are worthy for you! And about the standalone tutorial, is this thread explaining?