PowerSlave(PSX) TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lex Safonov

PowerSlave(PSX) TC

Post by Lex Safonov »

Good night everyone (or morning). Not so long ago, I thought I'd try to do. Out in light port PowerSlaveEx, and I do not much thought, decided to move on to weapons. The matter did not end weapons)
Maud has not completed yet, made weapons, ammo and lives system (a test). Balancing \ placement on the map and the menu is not yet made, but will be soon.

ScreenShots:
Spoiler:
Mod Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/w7les ... rSlave.pk3

Music for mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mwty1 ... eMusic.pk3
edgymemester

Re: PowerSlave(PSX) TC

Post by edgymemester »

Promising work as always. You should probably make it so that the enemies drop health/weapon power instead of the enemies dropping pots/objects that when broken give health/weapon power. Will this include Powerslave enemies as well?

Liked your SW TC too.
HMNuke93

Post by HMNuke93 »

Great work. The weapons behavior is almost identical to the psx game. Now do a Duke 64 TC like this and make me happy :D
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

edgymemester wrote:Promising work as always. You should probably make it so that the enemies drop health/weapon power instead of the enemies dropping pots/objects that when broken give health/weapon power. Will this include Powerslave enemies as well?

Liked your SW TC too.
Of course.I will not leave, I still in this state)
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

The Saturn version had some different levels and better audiovisual effects, but the PSX version was smoother in gameplay. I just hope you manage to actually complete this.
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

So spread your second update.
What is done:
5 artifacts (6). List:
PSshawl - levitation, but with gravity.
PSSandals - Superior jump
PSHorusFeather - levitation, with the ability to hover in the air.
PSKilmaatScepter - Sooooo test thing. It opens the door to a random level. Unfold usually those doors that have a number other than zero. In the future, I bolted to the bordering artifact, but for now - indulge)
PSProtectiveAnklets - Protection from lava and acid.
It will be a mask as its Bole less thoughtful.

system of life - a maximum of 400 units. To increase the total count of need to raise the "ankh". Right under the health bar will show how many more left (pink dots)
New Added an item - full of life and full of ammunition.

Monsters is not a rule for complete things for debugging.
Immediately, I note, is not the normal balance (thought out) due to the test assembly.

Link for those who are interested:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ljpvo ... pha0.2.pk3
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Hi! I like your project here's some feedback:
- The bottom bar looks good and the radar works well in a 4:3 resolution if you use another type of resolution you can activate "Force Aspect Ratio 4:3" and that fixes it , sometimes when you start a game after a few seconds the player froze and every button you press makes only a clicking sound , the weapons works pretty well but some of them fell a little wimpy like the amunbomb by example , and I can see that there's a lot of effort put on this but because a lot of things replace another from the original game , all looks pretty messy when you play it with any doom map , maybe a test map would make it look more thematic, so that is.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I was surprised how accurate it was, didn't really expect it to be so faithful. A little rough around the edges of course, but it's certainly worth continuing on. Please do enemies next.
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

And so more fixed. Fixed bugs with artifacts (fun with gravity). Themselves artifacts can now be free to carry between the levels and do not get off their effects. Added in-game menu. Immediately the question - what to add to paragraph 4 of this menu? By default, the transmitter-laptop there, but because meaning he has no thought on standard cards, then I added it will not.

Balance is again no, monsters, too.

test)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/eclrc ... pha0.3.pk3
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Lex Safonov wrote:And so more fixed. Fixed bugs with artifacts (fun with gravity). Themselves artifacts can now be free to carry between the levels and do not get off their effects. Added in-game menu. Immediately the question - what to add to paragraph 4 of this menu? By default, the transmitter-laptop there, but because meaning he has no thought on standard cards, then I added it will not.

Balance is again no, monsters, too.

test)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/eclrc ... pha0.3.pk3
Sorry if I'm annoying you, but I don't quite understand. Do you mean that Powerslave enemies won't be in this mod at all or that there won't be any for now?
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

edgymemester wrote:Sorry if I'm annoying you, but I don't quite understand. Do you mean that Powerslave enemies won't be in this mod at all or that there won't be any for now?
The monsters will be done later)
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

That's decided to write at a later time. In this assembly created 4 monster:
- Spider
- Anubis
- Wasp
- Bastet

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ax895 ... pha0.4.pk3
Monsters replace part of the standard, the balance is not (I will deal with them when the bear most of the monsters).
Have fun, I hope you enjoy (or at least part of the people).
skitey

Post by skitey »

please tell me, why u dont work together with the ReExhumed guy. 2 guys would be much faster in making exhumed/powerslave mod FINAL then both staying in some pre alpha status. i really like the project and hope its someday finished
BFG

Post by BFG »

I thought re-exhumed was stopped because of Kaiser?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

BFG wrote:I thought re-exhumed was stopped because of Kaiser?
That was Powerslave EX.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”