[Released] Silent Hill: Orphan (TC)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dude27th

Re: [WIP] Silent Hill: Orphan (TC)

Post by Dude27th »

I loved this game in the mobile version :3 so it's nice to see that is being recreated in the Zdoom/Gzdoom engine .
I'm sorry about what happen to your grandmother :c , I lost my grandparent the 2015 from a terminal cáncer , and my grandmother this 2016 from a heart attack , so I understand about not having motivation to work in projects like these.
But anyway , I hope you keep working on this and I would love the play it when it's ready :3
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

Added Trailer at the post.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

I haven't seem this TC yet!
It is looking very good, man! I'll for sure play it when it comes out! :D
sonic_HD87

Re: [Released!] Silent Hill: Orphan (TC)

Post by sonic_HD87 »

Phew... my first "big" project... is now complete! :mrgreen:

I never thinked that i would reach the release date on this week, kinda surreal.

EDIT: Something i forgot to mention: If you got stuck, any guide of the original game should work. :wink:
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Dude... YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

btw, are you okay if I compile this TC for reupload? I plan to pack your TC for an easy to play package and post it on Silent Hill subreddit. The community needs to play this TC!
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I love you man! No homo. I have no clue on how to be able to play this on a mobile phone these days since you know, 99% phones today are either an Android or Apple based. Now I have the way to take the memory lane again w/ this game. Loving that bit w/ compass btw.

Any plans to create the other two games in the future? I'd like to play the third one myself since it's the only game that I wasn't able to play.
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

NantoCodd wrote:Dude... YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

btw, are you okay if I compile this TC for reupload? I plan to pack your TC for an easy to play package and post it on Silent Hill subreddit. The community needs to play this TC!
Feel free to do it. :mrgreen:
4thcharacter wrote:I love you man! No homo. I have no clue on how to be able to play this on a mobile phone these days since you know, 99% phones today are either an Android or Apple based. Now I have the way to take the memory lane again w/ this game. Loving that bit w/ compass btw.

Any plans to create the other two games in the future? I'd like to play the third one myself since it's the only game that I wasn't able to play.
Right now i'm more interested in two things:

-Fire Emblem TC
-Burnout Project-M ('M' stands for 'Multiplayer')

From the two, burnout is what i'm more interested. I had some fun with my brother wjile playing Revenge, and we asked ourselves how the online multiplayer would be. Based on that, i wished to bring that metal carnage to Zandronum. It will be based on the mobile ver. and is going to be like a party game like Smash rather than full racing.

But going back to your question: Maybe, is not impossible, but it will take more work since the world in those two games behaves more like a maze rather than a straight-foward corridor.
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

spoone

Post by spoone »

It's not letting me attack the monster. I keep trying to use the gun and it says "that doesen't work".
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Equip the gun with alt-fire, or right click. Aim the shaking crosshair on the monstet until it turn red, then shoot
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

spoone wrote:It's not letting me attack the monster. I keep trying to use the gun and it says "that doesen't work".
What NantoCodd said. That is explained on the tutorial.
Voros

Post by Voros »

Wow, I remember playing this exact game a few years ago (even though java games were and is outdated at that time, with Android and iOS in the market). Those screenshots are definitely like the ones I remember ingame.

It was my favourite game too, and IIRC there were one or two moments where you had to shoot creatures that appeared in the hallways, said creatures kept changing positions via walls, ceiling or floor. I hope it has those moments! They were truly terrifying for me (literally, the thought makes me shiver). And that clock puzzle, I remember looking up the answer online, so I cheated there :P

The atmosphere was great, really immersive. I hope this TC delivers the same thing. Looking forward to trying this out! Speaking of this game, I should try to install it on my phone (its got a functional java emulator), and relive the memories.

Btw, can I run this TC in GZDoom 1.8.6 (without any game-breaking bugs) or does it need the latest GZDoom?
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

Voros wrote: Btw, can I run this TC in GZDoom 1.8.6 (without any game-breaking bugs) or does it need the latest GZDoom?
Well, the last puzzle uses an array with script scope, which became available on ZDoom 2.8.1, so kinda yes. But you can use ZDoom instead if your computer can't handle GZDoom 2.x.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

This is crazy good stuff.

I love this sort of stuff that really pushes the engine to its absolute limit and does other styles of gameplay, and this fills that perfectly. Attempts at point-and-click have been done before, but this is the first one I've seen that's done so well.
I'm not too familiar with the original game, so I haven't made it much further than the Ben scenario, but I'm having a lot of fun exploring around and hitting Use on everything. It's just like those old Flash escape-the-room games, I loved those to death. I'm really looking forward to seeing if there's things that can be done more with this type of gameplay, and if we'll ever get any more point-and-click adventures.

Thank you very much for this, and keep up the fantastic work!
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

TerminusEst13 wrote:This is crazy good stuff.

I love this sort of stuff that really pushes the engine to its absolute limit and does other styles of gameplay, and this fills that perfectly. Attempts at point-and-click have been done before, but this is the first one I've seen that's done so well.
I'm not too familiar with the original game, so I haven't made it much further than the Ben scenario, but I'm having a lot of fun exploring around and hitting Use on everything. It's just like those old Flash escape-the-room games, I loved those to death. I'm really looking forward to seeing if there's things that can be done more with this type of gameplay, and if we'll ever get any more point-and-click adventures.

Thank you very much for this, and keep up the fantastic work!
Thanks a lot! :mrgreen:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”