Shadow Of The Wool Ball :3 (v1.3 Released!)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Shadow Of The Wool Ball :3

Post by Captain J »

interesting yet wacky, i just felt myself it was must be some nickelodeon thing directed by John K. also by looking at your username, i assuming you made this whole game sprites by mspaint, hmm?

anyway if you want some extra feedbacks, count me in!
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

So this is what that was! Ever since I saw this bug report, I wished I could see more. Color me excited! :D
MSPaintR0cks

Post by MSPaintR0cks »

Thanks so much for all those comments :D
The wad has been tested by almost all of the testers, I think I could release it during the next two or three days. :D

@Captain J
That`s quite an honor to be compared to John K. :D

@Ed the Bat
Huh, never knew about that thread you mentioned. o.o
Must have been one of the guys at doomworld that I sent a super early version of the game.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

This looks really cool. I love the artstyle for this. Didn't you release a 1 episode "shareware" version a while ago?
StatisticalHourglass

Post by StatisticalHourglass »

I just remembered, on episode 2, at the end of the level, there seems to be a problem with the path you have to follow to escape the detonation, it just ends and I couldn't find the exit and died.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

hourglass, if you mean the first level, its because the guide line gets sucked out the airlock. The rest of it is down the hall a ways.

They just need to lock the actors to "pushable 0" or something.
MSPaintR0cks

Post by MSPaintR0cks »

@Lizard
Your right, I sent a super early version of the game to you in 2012, for playtesting. I have to admit, I didn`t work on the game during 2013-2015 at all. :3

@Hourglass
That`s a problem I somehow want to solve. Early on I made the mistake to use scrolling floors to emulate wind pushers, which leads to the problem that every actor moves with the floor.
But it`s not that hard to find the exit in that level, just leave the room trough the door. The path will be visible again from there on. :D
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Wait, if its a scrolling floor, and not a WIND effect, just make the peices off the floor by 1 unit, and make them not effected by gravity. Fixd
MSPaintR0cks

Post by MSPaintR0cks »

mumblemumble wrote:Wait, if its a scrolling floor, and not a WIND effect, just make the peices off the floor by 1 unit, and make them not effected by gravity. Fixd
Tried that, still has the same effect as before. Dunno why D:
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Looks cool, indeed! Are you still looking for playtesters?
StatisticalHourglass

Post by StatisticalHourglass »

mumblemumble wrote:hourglass, if you mean the first level, its because the guide line gets sucked out the airlock. The rest of it is down the hall a ways.

They just need to lock the actors to "pushable 0" or something.
yes, and I jumped out of the airlock thinking that was the way to end the level :P way to go.
BFG

Post by BFG »

these types of mods are really charming, when all the sprites are created from scratch! I like mods with rips too, but its refreshing to bump into a project like this once in awhile!
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

MSPaintR0cks wrote:
mumblemumble wrote:Wait, if its a scrolling floor, and not a WIND effect, just make the peices off the floor by 1 unit, and make them not effected by gravity. Fixd
Tried that, still has the same effect as before. Dunno why D:
Humn, how tall is the actor / sector? if its as tall as the sector, it will be forced on the floor iirc.

Check to make sure that is all accurate, scrolling floors shouldn't effect airborn objects, only stuff touching the floor. Unless you accidentally used something else, didn't apply 0 gravity to the objects (if they fall, it won't help) or otherwise got something else incorrect, I have no idea how that would work with a scrolling floor...
Murix

Post by Murix »

Really loving what I'm seeing so far, looking forward to playing this.
Gyro

Post by Gyro »

I'd definitely be interested in playtesting this, actually. I didn't say so at first but I'm more inclined to now that DUMP3 is getting me back into Doom stuff in general.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”