[WIP] Evil Ideology

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lexus Alyus

Re: [WIP - Playable Demo now available!] Evil Ideology

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I've not given up, at least not yet :D Been recently working on some texture edits. The base textures are all Doom 2 textures.

Progress is still ongoing, albeit a bit slowly, but any speed forward is still forward :D
Screenshot_Doom_20161016_184005.png
Screenshot_Doom_20161016_184025.png
Screenshot_Doom_20161016_184034.png
PS: I'm really enjoying Skillsaw's maps, especially loving the new Ancient Aliens megawad.

:twisted:
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

I think to draw shell casings onscreen is a bad idea... It gets annoying after 10 minutes, besides, those supershotgun sprites are for 4:3 screen resolutions and look "cut" in 16:9 aspect ratio.
Maps are poor-decorated mostly... lack of atmosphere here and there; you need to fill areas with ambiance and not with +1hp/armor bonuses :)
Gameplay is at average level; secrets are well-placed.
I think you shouldn't try to make 33 maps at all costs; instead it's better to polish maps you've done and release at least 10 good maps than 33 poor ones :)
I see a potential, and appreciate your work!
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I've not logged in for ages! Sorry for missing Mere_Duke's comment, thanks for taking the time to comment :) Yeah, I've removed those shell casing's from the sprites and I've also removed all the recoloured monsters, instead opting to recolour them by decorate (much more efficient :D). I've also removed the altered behaviour, so all Doom monsters behave the same as they always have done. Instead I've opted to modify the nightmare difficulty so the monsters don't respawn.

Here's some of the funky recolours, I especially love the black Caco's - they have quite a long line of colour translation code!:
Screenshot_Doom_20170828_130605.png
I've not really been mapping recently, instead focusing on my Mean ideal project. I do plan to get this project finished soon though as I've got a renewed interest in mapping for Doom. I've changed the project, it will no longer be 33 maps, but 7 maps with hopefully great gameplay. The gampleay of the first 3 maps is planned to be drastically altered to compensate for the shorter amount of maps.

For anyone that is interested here's some links to my Mean ideal Dance Music project:

https://soundcloud.com/mean-ideal-dj

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI-Lec ... iExjhoW6mw

https://meanideal-dj.bandcamp.com/

And a new official website, where I plan to add future Doom mods.

https://meanidealdj.wixsite.com/miofficial

Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

"I wanna live, I wanna love, but it's a long hard road out of development hell." :D
Screenshot_Doom_20180117_153739.jpg
Screenshot_Doom_20180117_153118.jpg
Ominous.

wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Evil Ideology

Post by wildweasel »

Damn, been wondering where you'd been off to. Glad this is still kicking, looks fantastic. Beautiful skies.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

Lexus Alyus wrote:Yo yo yo check it aat! :D The playable 3 level demo is now available, grab it at my dropbox:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/594 ... o-demo.zip

I've also added a link on the front page.

I'd like to thank Tormentor 667 for mentioning this mod on Realm 667 :). That actually made my day and has given me a bit of a boost :D

Feel free to post your opinions of the maps/project so far. Oh yeah, I've also removed all higher level content, so no spoilers (apart from the music and level name for the 4th map :D). I know there is a lot of ammo, but this is just a demo so things will hopefully change for the better for the final release.

Enjoy :D

:Edit: Hmmm, I seem to have lied in the txt doc when I said it was playable for Co-op and Deathmatch... I forgot to add the starts, so those options aren't currently available!

can you upload it again, the link is not working
Lexus Alyus

Re: [WIP] Evil Ideology

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Cool, good to hear from you Wildweasel :) I initially moved production to QZDoom, then discovered that QZDoom was more of a test bed (I live in a cave and don't keep up to date with much :D) so now I'm working in GZDoom (With texture filtering turned off - it's not Doom with texture filtering on IMO :D) I'm loving working in truecolour!

As for the download link, sorry but I won't be re-uploading the demo. It's way out of date now and I am aiming to finish this at least before the end of the year :D That's not a promise though, but I am currently back in to Doom mapping again (after another long hiatus, but not as long as the over a decade one preceding it :D)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”