Lowtech Remake (Updated 22/02/17)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Lowtech Remake (Updated 22/02/17)

Postby GAA1992 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:27 pm

Image

What's this?

It's a remake of the Lowtech Mod made by Captain Red back in 2005. I always liked the way he worked the replacement of weapons. So, what i wanted to do was to remake it, add smoke, light, casings, centered weapons, altfires, better sounds, and get a little deeper into the theme. Of course, following feedback.

All i ask is a little attention and sincere feedback!

Credits are inside the rar, but here's another copy:
Spoiler:


Changelogs:

Spoiler:


Gameplay video by: JimpArgon



Gameplay video by: GamingRoom



Gameplay video by: Lezuum



Download Me!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hka393kbdf3u3l3/Lowtech.pk3

Alternate Weapon Pack

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g0iq3pexre0rc57/LowtechAWP.pk3

And here's the original if you don't know it yet:

Original Lowtech by Captain Red
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/combos/lowtech

Have fun and keep an eye for updates!
Last edited by GAA1992 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 48 times in total.
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. I am the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP)

Postby LedIris » Fri May 13, 2016 7:36 pm

Not bad. Glock is really cool to fire, and the burst fire is pretty interesting too. The bow is really fun to use, as well. :D
Small nitpick: There's a bit too much quake on the Chainsaw, at least to me. (personal nitpick)
Keep up the good work!
LedIris
 
Joined: 29 Oct 2013

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP)

Postby GAA1992 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Oh yes. Chainsaw kickback is not up to my taste as well.

You're in the credits list, but not only because i'm using DAT keycard sound, but also because i used your SSG coding to fix up mine, and i have to read the instructions manual in pretty much everything i do :D

So, thanks man. This mod still has ground to be covered. The custom enemies sure will be a good exercise to me!
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. I am the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP)

Postby LedIris » Fri May 13, 2016 7:47 pm

GAA1992 wrote:Oh yes. Chainsaw kickback is not up to my taste as well.

You're in the credits list, but not only because i'm using DAT keycard sound, but also because i used your SSG coding to fix up mine, and i have to read the instructions manual in pretty much everything i do :D

So, thanks man. This mod still has ground to be covered. The custom enemies sure will be a good exercise to me!


No problem. You can use any of my code, no need to ask. 8-)
Custom enemies will be cool, IIRC I think the original Lowtech mod has pistol zombies instead of rifle zombies which made more sense. Also, there was a crossbow that shot dynamite straight out of Redneck Rampage which also functioned pretty well. :lol:
LedIris
 
Joined: 29 Oct 2013

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP)

Postby GAA1992 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:54 pm

That's my problem in game. Since it used dynamite (and replaced the RL), it uses the same ammo as the TNT, rather than making them spawn on Cells. Cells are actually fuel for the Flamethrower.

My objective is to find a proper ammo positioning. I'm thinking about that.
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. I am the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP)

Postby LedIris » Fri May 13, 2016 8:04 pm

GAA1992 wrote:That's my problem in game. Since it used dynamite (and replaced the RL), it uses the same ammo as the TNT, rather than making them spawn on Cells. Cells are actually fuel for the Flamethrower.

My objective is to find a proper ammo positioning. I'm thinking about that.


Well you could try using spawners to replace ammo types, that have a chance to spawn as flamethrower fuel or TNT. Not really the best way of doing it, but it seems to work. :wink:
LedIris
 
Joined: 29 Oct 2013

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP)

Postby Miguel371xd » Fri May 13, 2016 8:45 pm

WOW looks good I try this with guncaste monster pack :D
User avatar
Miguel371xd
Half life 3 comfirmed?
 
Joined: 28 Dec 2015
Location: Highway 17

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP)

Postby chronoteeth » Sun May 15, 2016 12:38 am

this is solid!!! gj dude!
User avatar
chronoteeth
abubub
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2004

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP)

Postby GAA1992 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:39 pm

Thanks a lot man!
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. I am the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP)

Postby GAA1992 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:14 am

I SAID to keep a keen eye for updates! :D

Here's one:

Changelog
Spoiler:


Download at first post!!!

I'm sorry for the late posting, but tomorrow after the work i will dedicate my free time to release and finish the aracnocide separate packs, if everything goes right.

This update here should hold the mod playability for a longer time 'till i get everything updated.

HAVE FUN GUYS!
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. I am the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP) Update 17/05

Postby Captain J » Tue May 17, 2016 1:19 am

solid yet super, good work once again!

but of course, i have few gripes, the arrow disappears when it hits the walls. it kinda make sense when it hits the enemies except walls, though. and i kinda frustrated when i didn't got BFG9000 replacement weapon except TNT. is there will be even more weaponry?

also do you know pistol magazine sprite and empty one were made by me? would be nice if you can add my name in your credit list!

EDIT: extra gripes; i think only imp and mancubus ball become fancy except other monsters' projectiles, arachnotron replacement's projectile has no decal, seems mancubus and hell knight's attacking role has been changed for some reason, cyberdemon's rocket is really unfair to dodge, it shows nothing but smoke and directly follows you, also has no decal at all.
Last edited by Captain J on Tue May 17, 2016 3:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
Captain J
Oh... Oh hi!
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Urban Clustermess
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP) Update 17/05

Postby chronoteeth » Tue May 17, 2016 3:10 am

minor gripe, i forgot to remove the brown from the scope when using it cocking, it looks fuggo

major gripe, the icon of sin is a bastard because of its design. You have to add some sort of projectile explosive even if it doesnt fit at all, because you cant complete so so many wads and original levels without an explosive weapon that shoots straight
User avatar
chronoteeth
abubub
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2004

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP) Update 17/05

Postby GAA1992 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:27 am

Captain J wrote: and i kinda frustrated when i didn't got BFG9000 replacement weapon except TNT. is there will be even more weaponry?

also do you know pistol magazine sprite and empty one were made by me? would be nice if you can add my name in your credit list!

EDIT: extra gripes; i think only imp and mancubus ball become fancy except other monsters' projectiles, arachnotron replacement's projectile has no decal, seems mancubus and hell knight's attacking role has been changed for some reason, cyberdemon's rocket is really unfair to dodge, it shows nothing but smoke and directly follows you, also has no decal at all.


J J J J J God sorry sorry sorry man, really. I got the thing straight from Aracnocide and really forgot putting it there. I will edit first post.

I tried to respect the original mod's weaponry, otherwise, i would have some more weapons to use, like a nailgun, a baseball bat and some melee weapons.

The seekermissile is from the original mod decorate as well. I personally think it leaves it more challenging.

I will bring more updates.

chronoteeth wrote:minor gripe, i forgot to remove the brown from the scope when using it cocking, it looks fuggo

major gripe, the icon of sin is a bastard because of its design. You have to add some sort of projectile explosive even if it doesnt fit at all, because you cant complete so so many wads and original levels without an explosive weapon that shoots straight


i think i going to respect the dynamite bow idea and work on a treat i have here.

Thanks for feedback guys, i need to be fast cause i'm at work, but i can solve some things later night.
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. I am the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP) Update 17/05

Postby GAA1992 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:29 pm

UPDAAAATE!

Spoiler:


Have fun guys! This mod is almost 100%, and it only depends on your feedback!!!
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. I am the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Updated July, 14) Check this out!

Postby Captain J » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:12 am

Good update, now it become decent now!
Spoiler: And here come dat griep bois
I'll be wait for more update!
User avatar
Captain J
Oh... Oh hi!
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Urban Clustermess
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], MrBoroda and 5 guests