It's a remake of the Lowtech Mod made by Captain Red back in 2005. I always liked the way he worked the replacement of weapons. So, what i wanted to do was to remake it, add smoke, light, casings, centered weapons, altfires, better sounds, and get a little deeper into the theme. Of course, following feedback.
So, here's the original if you don't know it yet:
All i ask is a little attention and sincere feedback!
So that's basically it. Credits are inside the rar, but here's another copy:
This list might be incomplete,
but i'm not trying to steal anyone's work.
I know better than many how sad it is to see people claiming their
merit while others gather all the prizes. Enough talk.
Credits goes to:
I forget names sometimes, but if YOU recognize something that ain't credited,
or that got credited wrong, do me a favor and tell me.
I won't be mad at you and i'll thank lots for helping me to keep the guys that
worked hard on the boards around. Spread the word.
So, let's start!
*Captain Red : The Creator of the original lowtech mod,
that gave me the idea to boost.
*Wildweasel, Zaero : The guys that got me started on decorate tricks,
tips and lessons to create things for GZdoom.
*Captain J and LedIris and YukesVonFaust : Excellent guys, feedbackers and wise
decorate wizards. I wouldn't do anything myself without their help.
*Lippeth, Sgt. Mark and Jekyll Grim Payne/Zer0 : Guys that brought
mods with many interesting stuff to study, learn,
and(with crediting of course), use from with no
major demandings but their names on the bottom lines.
*Sgt Shivers, JoeyTD, chronoteeth : Awesome guys and spriters good as fuck
that made many inspirational things or even,
things that i used, (like the tommygun) to bring out new inventions.
*My Wife: Supporting me since ever. Even when she hated me for going to bed late night because of Slade.
// Sprites, Sounds (weapons, objects...)
-Sgt. Mark IV
-Trevor_402 (for evil dead sounds for the chainsaw)
-Diodeus (for many resources).
-TorridGristle (Many, many resources!)
-TheZombieKiller (Blood resources)
-RSL (nice coding lessons!)
-SladeEXE (Doom64 Sprites)
-The Master Hand Sheet from the ZDoom forums. Saved my life countless times.
//The Voxels Team
I find this one important. I made many voxels from old sprites of mine,
but those i didn't made or took from shadow warrior and blood
original files must be credited to:
- Voxelbro: Cigarettes from Acessories to Murder by WildWeasel and DoomNukem.
- ReaperMan (Duke3D) : Nightvision, Armor, Steroids and the Chainsaw from Doom.
- DooMad (Doom voxel project) : Blue Armor and Backpack (started by ghostpilot).
- Ceejay : Didn't made any voxels but he made the sprite for
the panzerfaust, that's where i made the voxel from.
All the others were made by me or taken from Blood and Shadow Warrior.
-GT Interactive Software
-Insomniac (Disruptor Stuff)
if i forgot someone, contact me. There's still the detailed list to do, but these are the ones i could remember right now.
- Panzerfaust name changed to Panzerfaust 100 due to obviousness.
- Barrel voxel changed.
- Keys voxels changed.
- Some sprite modifications on the sawnoff.
- Flamethrower reload speed increased.
- Changed Ammo1 Sound.
- New logotype for Heretic
- New sprites for sawnoff
- New sounds for fists and kick
- New sounds for keycards
- New sounds for Chainsaw
- Fixed Rifle Casing sounds that for some dumb reason, weren't playing correctly.
- Took out title and interpic screens (more than useless 150 kb)
- Totally new panzerfaust sprites made by me, thanks to Ceejay for all this time using the old one.
- Tweaked some states on the panzerfaust decorate.
- A Voxel for the unused panzerfaust.
- Panzerfaust fires faster.
Zaero made a patch for an old version of lowtech, and i implemented some of his fizes, like:
- Tweaked the TNT to be more powerful and less bouncy.
- Sawnoff shotgun now reloads automatically when chambers are empty.
- Panzerfaust box of ammo has the weapon sprite now, and the weapon sprite itself is one (1) single panzerfaust.
- Karabiner 98k can be reloaded when zoomed and the weapon zooms automatically if there's ammo yet.
- New logo.
- Logo don't blink anymore.
- New panzerfaust and bolt icons by cambertian.
- Tweaked bullet puff sprites
- Excluded some shit.
- Textures are united in one document only.
- Monster fireballs exlcuded.
- Ammo Icons Implemented on Ammo actors.
- New ammo Icons.
- New Panzerfaust Missile Sprites.
- Changed Casing positions.
- Changed stimpack sprite. Voxel remains the same.
- Added sprites to the chainsaw and bolt projectiles.
- Tweaked internal actors to avoid possible conflicts (Thanks once again to LedIris).
- Renamed Panzerfaust to Panzerfaust 60 just for the sake of details.
- Better explosions Sprites, from Aracnocide.
- New "Explosive Arrows" option.
- Updated Credits.
- New tommygun sound, on a better quality than the original.
- Fixed Tommygun zoomed kick states.
- Added a new "quick tnt" throwing command! Not obligatory, of course, but might help on tough situations.
- New casing sprites made straight from blood resources by me.
- New radiation suit sprites, made by me.
- a new stimpack sprite.
- New Options to disable voxels, casings, smoke, and a patch to launch chainsaws instead of crossbow bolts (cool idea from Gamer With Dignity!)
- New bolt voxels by Gamer with Dignity!
- New Sounds for Crossbow, Flamethrower, TNT and Sniper Rifle.
- New sounds for Strife flames.
- New sounds for Rifle Casings
- Added Noalert for terrain lump
- Casings splash again.
- Crossbow bolt nerfed
- Strife flames nerfed again!
- Finally added the berserk kick!
- New cardkey sound
- New startup sound
- Removed boss death sounds.
- Corrected TNT that could be used underwater. Derp!
- Tweaked Flamethrower flames.
- Added texture lumps to kick animations so weapons don't disappear out of the screen! (Except on air kicks).
- Moved Panzerfaust to slot 7
- Added a Sniper rifle spawner for those who are playing doom 1.
- Small tweaks.
- Changed Casing sounds. This time it might be stable.
- Changed a little definition on TNT ammo name.
- Added flamethrower smooth offsets by YukesVonFaust.
- Added Glock smooth offsets by YukesVonFaust.
- Added Sawnoff smooth offsets by YukesVonFaust.
- Added Chex Quest Spawners by YukesVonFaust.
- Voxel for arrow projectiles! Suggestion by Gamer with Dignity.
- Inner organization.
- Added some sounds for Icon of Sin (Diablo series);
- Changed some powerup sounds.
- Chainsaw doesn't fails so much now.
- Added another teleport sound.
- Kicking chance during fists was taken; random kicks during combos only appear on berserk mode.
- Added a little Delay before exploding barrels.
- Added a little recoil when kicking barrels.
- Fixed SSG reloading! It was my fault; i forgot to add the correct kick state jumping from the idle state.
- Flamethrower alternate fire heavily modifed on ammo consumption; it was just TOO overkill. It was better than the panzerfaust sometimes.
- Added on/off system to the chainsaw, to avoid alerting monsters by mistake.
- Added quick kick key! You only can't kick while the chainsaw is on, or during the sniper scope mode.
And the best part is: No acs involved! thanks a bunch to wildweasel!
- Improved Bullet puffs.
- Restored Clip original drops .
- Added smoke on kick puff.
- Added +DONTSPLASH to casings .
- Improved Explosions.
- New Sprites for chainsaw.
- New firing Sprites for flamethrower.
- Corrected Kar98K accuracy.
- removed alternate firing modes on panzerfaust and tnt.
- Changed Kar98 inner scope sprites.
- Changed a little sound definition for cigarettes to avoid incompatibilities.
- Menu logotype blinks.
- Added Brightmaps. Directly from the Brightmaps.pk3
- Fixed terrain sounds that probably weren't playing.
- Changed the water splash sound for a cooler one.
- TNT Can now explode on water! (Thanks to LedIris!).
- took out tnt alternate fire, it's a melee attack now, for the same panzerfaust reasons. No one was using it anyway.
- changed barrel explosions again! Metal slug explosions FTW!
- added terrain lumps, thanks a LOT to LedIris and his badass mod!
- added a new kick attack, removing only one left kick that was annoying as hell.
- few unused files were removed.
- something i forgot.
- Nerfed flamethrower altfire. Too overkill in my opinion.
- Changed tnt throw sounds.
- Corrected tnt bounce sound.
- secretly corrected a sniper bug on last patch.
- swapped flamethrower for the aracnocide one, and the alternate fire consumes double fuel, however it works like a molotov. I can change it back if necessary.
- other stuff i forgot.
- fixed karabiner dryfire bug.
- buffed karabiner damage by 5 points.
- reduced ammo sprite sizes in case someone disabled voxels.
- raised tommygun damage by 2 points.
- cleaned up and organized sndinfo.
- changed some sounds definitions for the ssg to avoid incompatibility with colourful hell.
- applied same chambering system from the tommygun to the glock.
- corrected tnt bundle launch sprites.
- corrrected a bug involving fuse sound from tnt that kept playing.
- Added automatic shell extractions for the ssg, and it's a lot faster now.
- nerfed limits for tnt, panzerfaust and glock single clip shells. 60 tnt's? how didn't i nerfed that?
- changed weapons swap sound.
- changed casing sounds again, this time, from Medal of Honor : Allied Assault.
- fixed tnt bug where it appears when deselected during dryfire.
- Fixed Bolt box voxel that looked wrong on mirroring
- changed 45 acp box voxel for anoother one edited from a hacks 9mm pickup.
- New explosion sprites for TNT.
- switched barrel explosion sprites for old tnt ones.
- tommygun has a new reloading system: if you reload while there's still bullets on the drum, you won't pull the
pin, since you already have a bullet ready on the gun (courtesy of LedIris). You can also load 51 bullets.
- tommygun reloading animations are much faster now.
- tweaked tommygun reload offsets.
- corrected tommygun clip in sound.
- karabiner reloading faster.
- increased rifle shell limits from 25/50 to 35/70.
- took out that skull icon while i don't find some good ammo icons.
- corrected panzerfaust altfire kick offsets.
- tnt's are now cookable!!! It means you can hold them while the button is pressed, but for a limited time. After it runs out, you automatically launch it to avoid exploding yourself
- added A_WeaponReady during reload states, which means weapon won't stop if you keep reload button pressed.
- Added a little Zoom to panzerfaust state.
- In the previous patch, i believe i forgot to mention that i replaced the casing sounds. All of them by Alvin Lin.
- Heretic patch!!! Not everything was replaced, but i expect your feedback and help on this one, since i'm not a good heretic player.
- changed player sounds to something from Diablo 2 Druid.
- changed actor names for rifle ammo (7.92 Mauser instead of 7.62)
- changed Panzerfaust to slot 8.
- added deselect sound to all weapons.
- tweaked voxel sizes.
- added a little sfx to the bolt death.
- shrunk power orbs a bit.
- new shotgun wielding sound.
- new kar98 reloaing finish sound.
- new cigarette pickup sound.
- new ammo1 sound.
- new secret sound.
- new dynamite throwing animations. A little slower, but smooth.
- decreased bouncing factors and raised TNT's speed.
- fixed rifle ammogive1 : it was givin' not only the 762 ammo, but the reload as well.
- swapped the panzer altfire for a kick. Not original, but keeps a reliable attack while holding such a dangerous weapon, right?
- added a lot of new combos, tweaked coding and added left kicks!
- painkiller and rifle shells voxel shrunk a bit.
- swapped water voxels for cigarettes, made by voxelbro.
- reduced smoke during flamethrower shots.
- changed tommygun clipout sound.
- changed tommygun magazine drop sounds, made by lord mordecai.
- reduced almost 1MB by changing only a set of explosion sprites!
- took out the NOAUTOFIRE flag from fists.
- fixed rifle box voxel that had a mirroring.
- fixed arrows: they stay for 10 seconds on walls! J would like this one!
- Fists Greatly updated! a new combo, new kicking sprites, visual recoil and beefier damage!
- Changed Glock and Sniper Rifle Sounds.
- Sniper Rifle's Damage between scoped mode and normal is the same, to avoid quickscoping.
- Changed startup sound.
- Glock silencer animations faster!
- Tommygun can answer reloading command during ADS.
- Ammo sounds changed
- Mancubus Arm beefed, so as the alternate fire damage and speed.
- Tommygun magazine sound changed.
- Crossbow firing sound doesn't get cut anymore.
- Crossbow can reload at will now.
- Panzerfaust spent casing bug fixed.
- Chainsaw alternate fire bug fixed.
- Chainsaw alternate firing sound a little tweaked.
- Fixed panzerfaust reloading states.
- Changed sounds for pistol and shotgun wielding.
- Took doors sounds out for compatibility issues.
-Took out all monsters, leaving only custom projectiles, to make it lighter and closer to vanilla.
-All sounds in OGG!!!
-Reworked all weapons, few issues may happen.
-A new weapon, the Panzerfaust!!! Now you can kill Icon of Sin!
-Alternate firing modes for every weapon!
-Berserk mode finally inplemented.
-Many many MANY, (seriously), MANY sounds changed.
-Everything important has VOXELS!
-A new alternate fire for the pistol : a silencer!
-GLDEFS for stuff.
-New sprites for some things and weapons.
-Much lighter file size: from 10.1mb to 5.3!
and much more!
- Changed kar98k sounds.
- added a empty tommygun drum to reload.
- changed ammo maxamount to the original mod patterns.
- Added randomspawners to three ammo types (Rocket Ammo, Shotgun Ammo and Cells).
- Added the single tnt, an alternate fire mode to the tnt, uses only one tnt (the main one uses six now), and does less damage. Pretty much like Plasma-BFG working in game.
- Invisibility sphere is back now.
- Excluded some unused actors.
- Added all doom64 powerup sprites.
- Changed number fonts logotype and screens.
- Added allmost all enemies from the original.
- Added the Mancubus Arm! Now the only way to obtain a flamethrower is to kill a mancubus. I did that for the sake of rarity and to get rid of the Blood Spray. There are 3 Blood weapons on the previous release!
- Changed some sprites for this weapon and to the Mancubus shot.
- Imp fireball changed as well.
- Many other shit stuff.
Gameplay video by: JimpArgon
Alternate Weapon Pack(WIP)
Have fun and keep an eye for updates!