Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[8/20/2022]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[8/20/2022]

Post by xenoxols »

New Version: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7cp4qj0c ... s.pk3/file
Changelog:
Spoiler:
Last edited by xenoxols on Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:00 pm, edited 38 times in total.
Patriot1776

Re: [WIP] Gunslinger 2.0

Post by Patriot1776 »

Ooh!! Excellent the weapons reload! Liking how this is likely to look! Are you working on an Old-West Gatling Gun to serve as Slot 7 weapon?
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Oh boy, I can't wait for this to come out! I hope you implement a Gatling Gun in the game, that'd be really fun.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hell yeah! A Second version for one of my favorite weapon wads! Hope to play it soon!

Also, will the 1887 spin?

Cheers!

[Edit] had to ask:
Are you going to put akimbos?
Do you accept suggestions?

Sorry for being so hyped. :p
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

GAA1992 wrote:Hell yeah! A Second version for one of my favorite weapon wads! Hope to play it soon!

Also, will the 1887 spin?

Cheers!

[Edit] had to ask:
Are you going to put akimbos?
Do you accept suggestions?

Sorry for being so hyped. :p
I don't think you need to be sorry about being hyped because ...
Spoiler:
There is many reasons to be hyped for this mod :D
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! First of all, the 1887 does not spin, it does the thing ash did with the rifle at the end of army of darkness. Second of all, I want to put in a gatling gun but cannot find an angled one. There may or may not be dual wielding. I am open to any suggestions, so fire away. On a separate note, does any one have any sort of single action army or some western looking revolver sprites I could use?
EDIT: About the revolver, I'm looking for a smaller one, to contrast with this:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

A COLT TEXAS???
Edit: forget it, haven't read carefully. Is a S.a.a.
WOOHOO!

Well, here's my suggestion: those spaghetti westerns have indians (hope my english is not mentioning people from india :s)as bad guys too and you could include them. And, they could also drop a bow and arrow. Chronoteeth has a turok 1 bow sprite that fits nicely with it. Daggerfall has another. Throwable Tomahawks are cool too.

And, a Django styled gatling gun shouldn't be too hard to frankensprite. I will see what I can do.

Oh yes, last thing: IMO, the dual wielding pistols, as well as the dual sawnoffs, had a op firing speed. I'm not nitpicking to nerf'em three tics or more, but akimbos are something already powerful. Just my thoughts.

Ps: i wish i could understand how your mods work so smooth. The mod i'll release is not half of it :p
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Wilhelm scream!!!

Looks excellent so far! Just need the so said gatling gun. :)
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Hmm, so I've been thinking about adding a Mauser c96:
I'm just worried that it might be too out of place, despite technically being period accurate.
EDIT: It would probably be either the plasma rifle or the chaingun replacement (Gatling gun for the BFG) and would be dual wielded, as to actually have a rapid fire weapon with more than six shots.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

I vote for Dual-wielded as a chaingun replacement (Map-based chainguns, that is. So the Chaingunners still drop the rifle.)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

xenoxols wrote:Hmm, so I've been thinking about adding a Mauser c96:
I'm just worried that it might be too out of place, despite technically being period accurate.
EDIT: It would probably be either the plasma rifle or the chaingun replacement (Gatling gun for the BFG) and would be dual wielded, as to actually have a rapid fire weapon with more than six shots.
Looks like the Red9 from RE 4 :D As i recall the Mauser can be paired with a stock like the Red9 in RE4 so would you add a stock to it?
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Endless123 wrote:
xenoxols wrote:Hmm, so I've been thinking about adding a Mauser c96:
Looks like the Red9 from RE 4 :D As i recall the Mauser can be paired with a stock like the Red9 in RE4 so would you add a stock to it?
Nah, I never really liked that look. Plus it might look weird while dual wielding. Fun Fact, the Red 9 (which is a real thing) is just the 9x19mm version of the C96.

EDIT: Updated weapon descriptions.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

You can go anachronistic for a bit and pretend it's a M712 full-auto machine pistol with a 20-round mag.
Also the lever-action rifle should probably have iron sights or a scope and the lever-action shotgun could be two-handed.
For heavy weapons maybe a gatling gun and a mini-cannon like in Pirate Doom! should suffice.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

xenoxols wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! First of all, the 1887 does not spin, it does the thing ash did with the rifle at the end of army of darkness. Second of all, I want to put in a gatling gun but cannot find an angled one. There may or may not be dual wielding. I am open to any suggestions, so fire away. On a separate note, does any one have any sort of single action army or some western looking revolver sprites I could use?
EDIT: About the revolver, I'm looking for a smaller one, to contrast with this:
I think it's alright if it's centered, since it's such a big gun. Also, a trench knife or a Greener harpoon gun could fit in the game. The harpoon can be poisonous, serrated, or explosive, hell, it can even be the Holy Lance.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”