Hexen: a Morte [Released]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE] a Morte - Hexen mod and mapset

Post by Ed the Bat »

HexenMapper wrote:Also tried to add the winchester to slot 7, but my KEYCONF skills are failing me.
Never, ever use KEYCONF to slot weapons. Use DECORATE. If you're not making new playerclasses, use the Weapon.SlotNumber property.
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Ed the Bat wrote:
HexenMapper wrote:Also tried to add the winchester to slot 7, but my KEYCONF skills are failing me.
Never, ever use KEYCONF to slot weapons. Use DECORATE. If you're not making new playerclasses, use the Weapon.SlotNumber property.
I have the slots set using weapon.slotnumber, but this issue is that Hexen only has 4 weapon slots bound to the numbers 1-4.
So I need to add new bindings in order to have the weapons in slots 5 and 6 selectable without the player having to manually bind things.

KEYCONF has been one of the hardest lumps for me to grasp it seems.

This is my KEYCONF as it stands:

Code: Select all

weaponsection "PANZERFAUST"
ADDSLOTDEFAULT 5 Panzerfaust

weaponsection "WINCHESTER"
ADDSLOTDEFAULT 6 Winchester

addkeysection "Reload" aMorte
addmenukey "Reload" +reload
defaultbind R +reload

addkeysection "weapon slots" aMorteWeps
addmenukey "Weapon Slot 5" "Slot 5"
defaultbind 5 "Slot 5"

addkeysection "weapon slots2" aMorteWeps2
addmenukey "Weapon Slot 6" "Slot 6"
defaultbind 6 "Slot 6"
binding reload seems to work fine, but I dont think my slot binding is working correctly.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

HexenMapper wrote:...without the player having to manually bind things.
That's literally as simple as opening the Options menu, selecting Customize Controls, and choosing what keys to bind to Weapon Slot 5, Weapon Slot 6, and so on.
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Ed the Bat wrote:
HexenMapper wrote:...without the player having to manually bind things.
That's literally as simple as opening the Options menu, selecting Customize Controls, and choosing what keys to bind to Weapon Slot 5, Weapon Slot 6, and so on.
I would really like to have the keys auto set on opening the wad. I thought that was why KEYCONF was there, to auto bind controls you're going to use.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

If you use Decorate or mapinfo you don't have to bind anything. Also as a suggestion about the new weapons, how about weapon upgrades instead? Also the hands are inconsistent. If you want I could try and fix that for you.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

HexenMapper wrote:@The Thing Thing
Spoiler:
Are there any weapons you'd like to see in this mod? magical or real?
Hmm about that Request Option, Due to the Time Period you set in of the mod and the supernatural theme you have included in the mod ( it sort of give this mod a RTCW Type of Feel to it), I would have so many ideas for enemies,weapons and powerups, but would you mind if i can PM you the ideas for it ?
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Hmm about that Request Option, Due to the Time Period you set in of the mod and the supernatural theme you have included in the mod ( it sort of give this mod a RTCW Type of Feel to it), I would have so many ideas for enemies,weapons and powerups, but would you mind if i can PM you the ideas for it ?
please do! I've been playing rtcw recently and I definitely see the similarity.
If you use Decorate or mapinfo you don't have to bind anything. Also as a suggestion about the new weapons, how about weapon upgrades instead? Also the hands are inconsistent. If you want I could try and fix that for you.
I haven't tried it with MAPINFO, but certainly all the weapons are set in decorate, its just that Hexen doesn't have slots 5 -10 bound, so going beyond slot 4 requires you to bind something in order to actually select the weapon. I thought it would be relatively simple binding issue in KEYCONF...

Also if you'd like to help with some weapon consistency / hands that would be amazing. I was thinking of going with ungloved hands, which means the MP40 is really the only one that needs a tinker (possibly the Winchester too)
I uploaded the current MP40 sprites here, and the ungloved hands I used to make the revolver reload (from blood):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wtdb7 ... 8/MP40.rar

I'd rather have all hands the same for all classes, otherwise I'd do all the fighters weapons with spiked gauntlets, but that would be quite a bit more work (and would take some DECORATE/ACS goodness to get working), So I'll probably avoid that for now.
HexenMapper

Re: a Morte - Hexen mod and mapset

Post by HexenMapper »

Updated: (LATEST VERSION IN FIRST POST - A_Morte_277.rar)

Scoped Mosin Nagant added, weapon damages corrected and re scaled. Wehrmacht melee attack nerfed.

Maps 8 and 9 have had some great progress made, and map 10 is pretty much complete, just some detailing and fault finding to do.

I have also added a new map to play around with radiation. (MAP11) Now that the second hub is almost complete, I'm thinking about a third hub, in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. style, with NPCs and quests a la strife. And of course: radiation.

If anyone wants to play around with the radiation system, I can link you a wad file with all the info, its very small (3 actors and 4 sound files)
The radiation inflicts normal damage and also lingering poison damage, and the Geiger readings increase as you get closer. There are 3 strengths: coldspot, warmspot and hotspot, each with increasing intensity and damage.

My only issue is changing the PoisonDamageType of the radiation actor so that the obituary doesn't read "%o killed themself" when the player dies from poisoning.
I've tried to change it to melee damage type (the radiation actor inflicts melee damage, and gives the correct obituary when it kills), but no matter what I put it doesn't seem to effect the obituary.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

The main problems of this mod in my opinion that it needs more Nazi enemies it's quite boring see the same enemy over and over again. I also thought that one building the MAP02 which was a bar was also quite lazy due to the fact it didn't have any enemies in the bar at all. Other then that the mod is pretty fun and hopefully you can take these suggestions into consideration. :P
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Spoiler:
Thanks luigi, will take that into consideration. That bar area is definitely one of the weakest parts of the mod, I need some better civilian sprites in there, and it might be cool to expand the bar a little, so you have to fight your way upstairs to get the key.

Thanks for playing, I might try to create a grenade throwing Wehrmacht enemy, for a bit of variety. I've always found its good to have a balance of hitscan and projectile enemies mixed in to keep things varied. Hell maybe even a panzerfaust firing enemy could be cool...

I hope you found the weapons to feel good, and each have their own purpose. I tried to trim out the fat and not have any useless weapons.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

f you want you can use some of these resources i put together thanks to Jazzmaster909,Captain Toenail and Armyman. Credit doesn't have to be given but it would be nice. :D I'm glad I enjoyed the mod it was worth it other then those problems. :wink:

(Download)
https://www.mediafire.com/?2kcgrnse8mtcbro

Also the grenade idea i'm personally into it would fit amazingly with the mod.
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Thanks heaps Luigi2600! those sprites are perfect, will definitely credit anything I use. A black-uniformed SS soldier with grenades and Mp40 will probably be the ticket. Perhaps an officer with a luger too.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Hexen and....nazis?INSTA-DOWNLOAD!
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

HexenMapper wrote:Thanks heaps Luigi2600! those sprites are perfect, will definitely credit anything I use. A black-uniformed SS soldier with grenades and Mp40 will probably be the ticket. Perhaps an officer with a luger too.
Those are great picks for the mod, They will go perfectly with the Rifle Nazi. I'm glad you liked them. :D
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Updated with grenadier SS and extended bar area, as well as another type of Wehrmacht trooper. Grenades bounce and spin in mid air, changing direction after bouncing.

I will update the download link in a day or so, once I've done a bit of playtesting. Latest version will be something like A_Morte_360

2nd hub is pretty much finished, just the boss fight left to do.

3rd hub is coming along nicely. Hub itself is complete save for some minor detailing. Very much in the vein of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. NPCs, dialog, exploration, radiation, eerie ambient sounds and some new surprise enemies. Currently have 4 NPCs, making use of the ZSDF strife dialog system, each having up to 25 pages of dialog and responses.
I've also created a Radiation Suit inventory item that protects the player for a while, as well as playing a gas mask breathing sound and tinting the screen green.

The third hub centers around a uranium mine and enrichment facility, so I've whipped up some yellowcake and uranium oxide sprites/textures, as well as getting my 3D floor game up for multi level buildings, silos and overdetailing like drivers seats in a burned out truck.
Spoiler:
3 maps planned off the 3rd hub, one is mostly finished (Enrichment Plant) and one is in progress (Southern Outpost)

The Uranium mine itself will be the final map of the mod.

Hub 3 breakdown:
MAP 11: Blinskaya Exclusion Zone - Marshes full of radioactive tailings. Some bandits, and a group of "friendly" mercs
MAP 12: Southern Outpost - Outpost with a huge portal to WW2 Czechoslovakia, originally operated by nosferati, but overrun by soviet and NKDV forces
MAP 13: Enrichment Plant - Factory with many large buildings, some new enemies I wont spoil too much, and plenty of radiation.
MAP 14: Abandoned Mine - Maze of tunnels where an incident wiped out the original miners, and caused evacuation of the whole area.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”