"(File)Size Matters" 64K Compo (Judging not underway)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: "(File)Size Matters" 64K Compo (Judging underway)

Postby Beed28 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:17 am

Still waiting for the reviews on the other entries. It's not fair if only three people got their entries reviewed, now, would it?
Beed28
Making entire worlds bounce up and down.

Re: "(File)Size Matters" 64K Competition

Postby TheMightyHeracross » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:20 am

kodi wrote:Doomshock

The crosshair is not visible in Doom 1. This is because you used a MODWALL texture, which is only in Doom 2. If you change it to something like a BIGDOOR it will work in all of the Doom games.
TheMightyHeracross
...and remember: his silence is golden.

Discord: TheMightyHeracross#1716
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby kodi » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:36 am

@TheMightyHeracross
Thanks for letting me know. There's also a bit on the gast gun that doesn't show up in doom 1 IIRC. The mod has a boatload of issues :P
kodi
Proscrastinator

Postby wildweasel » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:40 pm

Beed28 wrote:Still waiting for the reviews on the other entries. It's not fair if only three people got their entries reviewed, now, would it?

Alright already...as much as I had other things I wanted to do, I'll see about getting some of these done. I'll pick a random one and see what I can do.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby wildweasel » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:09 pm

Double-posting in my own thread because I feel like it. Here's a review of Combine_Kegan's Blastmaster. More to come as I do them. [edit] Cambertian's zelda magic powder got a review as well.
Spoiler: Combine Kegan - Blastmaster

Spoiler: Cambertian - Zelda
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Accensus » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:28 pm

With the risk of getting expelled to the useless bumps thread, I'd like to ask if there is any progress around this because it's really unrewarding to see so much dedication getting put for nothing. The same thing had happened to the compo Cutmanmike held and that's quite disappointing. If there is no interest in judging (and if that's unlikely to change), then either let someone else do it or officially close the thread, cause I'm 99% sure every contestant in here is still expecting some results. I don't care if asking for the 6th time will deduct points from my own entry or even disqualify me, as long as the rest of the people get their reviews. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. It's just not nice to keep people in the dark and give them false hope. Thanks for the understanding.
Accensus
Does not use federally approved humor.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby wildweasel » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:50 pm

I'm really sorry about the huge delays. I've basically lost most desire to do these, and I know that's bound to disappoint a lot of folks, even in the knowledge that there's no prize. If someone wants to take over the judging, I won't get in the way of that. This is going to be a cop-out, but at the very least I'd like to congratulate everybody on their submissions, every single one, as I've seen some amazingly creative stuff out of all of the stuff I received. I'm happy that some have chosen to continue maintaining and updating their projects past the due date. But the more I look at what's left to do...the less I feel like doing it. So....again, monumental apologies to all of you, but I just can't do it. Consider this an open call for reviews, I suppose.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Accensus » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:55 pm

That's better. :) Personally, I don't have much modding experience so my votes would be rather high. I think this should be done by people like Xaser, or PillowBlaster, or anyone who's been knee-deep in modding and has seen most. That way the truly unique stuff will get proper ratings. Another suggestion is people who've also worked on Cacowards.
Accensus
Does not use federally approved humor.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: "(File)Size Matters" 64K Compo (Judging not underway)

Postby lizardcommando » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Aw man. I was hoping you'd get a chance to judge mine.

I have been making small updates here and there with my project since I first posted it up here in this thread. I haven't really decided what else to do with it at the moment.
lizardcommando
Thread killer

Postby daimon » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:55 pm

That's sad to heard, but if it had to go in this way it must be this way, i think.
Hoping for a new judge for giving proper judgement...
daimon
the vocaloid / love live doomworld avatar fad starter guy

Postby DeXiaZ » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:48 pm

daimon wrote:That's sad to heard, but if it had to go in this way it must be this way, i think.
Hoping for a new judge for giving proper judgement...

Could it be a community judgement? Because I can offer my candidacy but I can't judge my own mods. That's a problem.
DeXiaZ

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects