The Fold [Episode One, V 1.0]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Fold [Episode One, V 1.0]

Postby BoJustBo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:28 pm

Not sure if you're still around but I just played the first four levels of this and I must say you did a very good job at addressing the things Icarus brought up in his review. I especially like how you removed hitscan, even for your own weapons. The sound of bullets whizzing by as enemies shoot at you is a nice touch.
The level design is quite nice and varied and I like how the levels always seem to loop back to reduce backtracking.
I think the story is pretty nice and while I'm not skipping it I do appreciate that it can be easily skipped.
I wish you the best of luck in your further endeavors even if completing the other episodes of this wont be one of them.
BoJustBo

Postby Skidjit » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:15 pm

While the subject matter is not my cup of tea, this mod is still very entertaining. I'd recommend a play through for anyone.
Skidjit

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Xerenogan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:02 pm

I have to say, the improvements you have made are good. I didn't know that there even was an update until I read Icarus's comment section pointing out the fact. Yeah, the alert sounds make quite a difference. I have both the old version from before the update and the new one, and the sounds make quite the difference. From the way you reacted to the criticism, you seem to be a reasonable person. This project should illustrate the importance on constructive criticism and why it is so important. Echo chambers are no good, you need an outside perspective. I haven't played the rest of the way through the updated version yet, but so far, I like what I see. I wish you well.
Xerenogan

Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects