Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

Spoiler:
Hello again, for another character art showcase!

Today I will be showing off Gremile ‘Hotshot’; The Impish Gunslinger, Elemental Affinity Fire, Signature Color Red!

The World of Magic has Two other worlds linked to it; The Realm of Chaos and the Realm of Light; Gremile is a Denzien of the World of Chaos, a hellish realm in which Demons, Imps, Goblins and various other creatures reside. Whilst not the most famous of demons, This bounty hunter has the latest equipment of war, being the Revolver Pistol; A weapon not introduced into the World of Magic, but something Demons are quite proud of in their efforts to cause chaos. The Entity not only threatens the Magical Realms of the Planet, but also the Heavenly and Demonic realms too, so Gremile has been set out to provide “minor aid” in the fight to protect the realm.

It should be noted, Zandro Doom and Gremile ‘Hotshot’ don’t get along very well with eachother, as Zandro has a bounty on his head for avoiding death for quite awhile now, so he has became quite desirable to be dragged into the Hellish Depths of Chaos!

Only one more character to show off now, Which is the Human Cleric; I will see you all then for the final reveal!
Last edited by TheStrawberryOctopus on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

By "choas", don't you actually mean "chaos"?
TheStrawberryOctopus

Gez wrote:By "choas", don't you actually mean "chaos"?
Yes.

Yes I did.

Let me fix that!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

now that's some hella cool looking cowboy there!

also choas? sounds like a brand name for a chocolate.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

maybe its just my questioning but i think it should be a younger Baron of hell that he decided: FUCK BEING A BARON I WANNA BE WARRIOR.
He probably did and Saved so many asses when it was in the military and then he became a bounty hunter to enjoy life of a demon at is finest

Also thank you to assure that the next one is a human (so somebody will got the drinks for the victories)
TheStrawberryOctopus

a Question for a few peeps here, maybe some one can help with me with this small issue; Is they a global value that removes all blood?

some things are causing bleeding when I don't want it too, and I am slightly concerned that I may miss something.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:a Question for a few peeps here, maybe some one can help with me with this small issue; Is they a global value that removes all blood?

some things are causing bleeding when I don't want it too, and I am slightly concerned that I may miss something.
Replace the Blood actor with something invisible?
TheStrawberryOctopus

wildweasel wrote:Replace the Blood actor with something invisible?
Odd, I did that, but still no results.

It should be noted its blood decals; I am no too knowledgeable with decals, but that seems to be the problem.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Hmm. Perhaps you may need to dive into Decaldef and figure out if you can redefine the Blood decals into being invisible (setting their Alpha to 0.0 should be sufficient, IIRC).
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

Or set the gecal graphic to TNT1A0
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

You can give all actors NOBLOODDECALS, but that's not truly global...
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

One thing that may help: in addition to the "Blood" actor, there's a second actor called "BloodSplatter" that appears in certain other circumstances. Null that one out too and see if it does the trick.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Spoiler:
Hello again for the Final Character Art Showcase for Memoirs of Magic!

Today I will be showcasing The Human Cleric, Lucian Voyager, Elemental Affinity Light, Signature Color Pink!

Lucian Voyager is who you would probably say is the Main hero out of the cast of characters, akin to the inexperienced archetype that steadily grows in his legacy. He’s a young Apprentice of the Clerical arts with still much to learn, not being as famous as the other members of the team, he is still a force to be reckoned with. Being new to Adventuring, Lucian Voyager has been tasked by his people to Confront the Entity that Threatens the World of Magic, as currently the Forces of Light, the Prophets of Light and the High Priestess, are currently waging war with the Forces of Darkness, The Prophets of Dark and the Necromancer King. Due to this situation, word has been sent to members of the Light Guild who are currently not in the Desert region of the World of Magic which is the main-place of the war to help aid the other Factions of Magic with the other Crisis.

A Small fact regarding his name sake; his name basically Translates to “Light Voyager”, which relates to his role as a cleric and his signature magic field!

The next thing I plan to show off for this project are the character sprites (4 of the 6 heroes are currently done), and then I will be showcasing monster sprites, AND THEN I will be showcasing the monsters in action!

I will see you all again soon!

PS: Thank you for all your suggestions. I am going to try later tonight to resolve the blood decal thing. I am surprised they isn't a map option to turn such things off.

PPS: I am going to start re-arranging the first post of this thread I made so that all new information can be found there, for easier viewing experiance!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Human, as i expected! Anyway nice hair color choice!
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Awesome, the Human Cleric's design reminds me about Bowie from Shining Force 2(just can't unsee that! :P). Can't wait to see your next update!

Damn, I already got hyped by this awesomeness! :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”