Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RUNSABER

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Post by RUNSABER »

I would much rather prefer the animations as they are; they don't have to be smooth and pretty, as they already are perfect! I've been watching your showcase videos and I get happy and excited to see the next set. This reminds me of a WindWaker/Kingdom Hearts aesthetic and it is highly appealing. Kudos to creating in my opinion the best whip in all of Doom spriteland. It works well like a Belmont whip. I am a massive Castlevania fan, and I appreciate your mod!!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

RUNSABER wrote:I would much rather prefer the animations as they are; they don't have to be smooth and pretty, as they already are perfect! I've been watching your showcase videos and I get happy and excited to see the next set. This reminds me of a WindWaker/Kingdom Hearts aesthetic and it is highly appealing. Kudos to creating in my opinion the best whip in all of Doom spriteland. It works well like a Belmont whip. I am a massive Castlevania fan, and I appreciate your mod!!
Why thank you; Function wise, its suppose to be pretty much a first person Belmont whip in function, hence why I decided to segment it. Appearance wise, it was heavily inspired by Ivy's sword in Soul Caliber (Without it actually needing to be a sword). The whip also makes you stop like in castlevania too, so it feels quite different to the other weapons in the game.

I have only made one change to it since I made that video, which I mentioned in the description; the tip no longer penetrates through walls now, but is now affected with stat scaling and buffs, which is good!

They will be a few other nods to castlevania, one of which we won't be seeing for quite awhile, but its planned!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

If you guys says so, i have no complains.
TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:They will be a few other nods to castlevania, one of which we won't be seeing for quite awhile, but its planned!
I'm guessing that healing items are pork chop or some meaty foods and hearts are currency or mana healing item!

Oh, and speaking of which, is this mod will have a shop system?
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

From what I did see from the mod it looks very awesome " the style of the mod reminds me of a steampunk version of heretic/hexen with magics and stuff" I can't wait until it all gets released. And with the weapons/items will there be other weapons that are not class based or are you going for the hexen type of weapon set " with the "class" gear sets "
TheStrawberryOctopus

Captain J wrote:If you guys says so, i have no complains.
TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:They will be a few other nods to castlevania, one of which we won't be seeing for quite awhile, but its planned!
I'm guessing that healing items are pork chop or some meaty foods and hearts are currency or mana healing item!

Oh, and speaking of which, is this mod will have a shop system?
It will have a shop system, yes!

It will play a central role in the game. The RPG mechanics of this series will be more akin to the Might and Magic 6-8 series, where you sort of have to buy everything, including upgrades

They will be quests, mind you

Also, the Castlevania nods won't be along those lines; you will see soon!
The Thing Thing wrote:From what I did see from the mod it looks very awesome " the style of the mod reminds me of a steampunk version of heretic/hexen with magics and stuff" I can't wait until it all gets released. And with the weapons/items will there be other weapons that are not class based or are you going for the hexen type of weapon set " with the "class" gear sets "
I've mentioned already, but only the Tier 1 Weapons are class restricted, i.e. the Sword, Axe, Whip, Lance and Pistol. Speaking of which,I am going to be uploading the next video in a moment, just gotta prep up!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Oh yes, Sorry for the Double Post, buuut...

Hello again, and here's the final Video of the Gear Showcase, this time staring the HERO character of this game, the Cleric!

The first thing in this weapon gear showcase is the Mace; the most balanced of the melee weapons in the game, the weapons gimmick is that its alt attack is pure defense; it has the ability at LVL2 to simply block attacks, but at LVL3 has the ability to reflect many attacks back, damaging the enemy in doing so!

The Second weapon in this Showcase is the Sun Rod; an attack that allows you to project a sunbeam to damage enemies. The Higher the LVL of the Sun Rod, the wider its main attack range is. Its Alt attack allows you to summon explosive stars from the sky, and at LVL3 allows you to summon them down at a faster rate!

The first spell in the Light Tomes arsenal is Golden Touch, which is a damage projectile, which, when it hits, spawns gold from monsters, which you can collect for yourself!
It has some hidden properties not shown in this video, which may be shown at a later date!

The Second spell in the Light Tome is Preserve Life; This spell allows you to preserve 1 point of life for the duration of the spell, allowing the character to effectively not die whilst the spell is active.

The Final spell in the Light Tomes arsenal is Day of the Gods; the Rival Spell to Armageddon, this spell casts 4 spell buffs on the player (Fury, Stone Skin, Jump and Haste) at their max level effectiveness, at the cost of ton of mana.

And that's all the Gear Showcases for now; I will be uploading more progress soon, but not right away like the previous vids. But it will be soon!

I will most likely be posting sprite progress possibly here and on my tumblr, so I will see you all soon!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Holy goodness, it looks brilliant. I really liked how sun rod rolls! But can you make that shield shown at the idle frame? I have no idea where it actually came from.

EDIT:
Sgt. Shivers wrote:I think J means that it should be visible during the idle frame, so it's clearer that it's there.
yeah, this. i have no complains about the graphics or designs, y'hear.
Last edited by Captain J on Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Judging from the unique style of art in the game, it was more than likely designed from scratch.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

I think J means that it should be visible during the idle frame, so it's clearer that it's there.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Sgt. Shivers wrote:I think J means that it should be visible during the idle frame, so it's clearer that it's there.
Oh yes, I fully aware what he meant, haha; I generally don't reply super quick since I am busy making monsters at the moment!

In regards to that, I am not too sure. I think it may end up take too much of the screen considering its size of the shield, but I may try it at some point!

Also, I will have more stuff to show off soon, I just think I should space it out for another week after the release of all that info!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:In regards to that, I am not too sure. I think it may end up take too much of the screen considering its size of the shield, but I may try it at some point!
not too much! just make it showing it at least or little bit should work!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Spoiler:
Hello again, Another Memoirs of Magic Update!

In the upcoming days, I will begin showing off all the character classes actual characters; I will begin showcasing their official artwork, which is being produced by one of my dearest friends, my bro Daftpatriot!

The Character being Showcased here is the Reptilian Warrior, Phazar Bluetail (Commonly referred to as just Phazar); Elemental Affinity Water, with his Signature Color being blue!

Phazar is a top class brutish Mercenary who relies heavily on his brute strength; Nothing is too dangerous for him to hunt down. He is not a man to talk, and usually cuts the talking to a minimum. Large and intimidating by normal Reptilian standards, he is generally distinguished by his scale color, hence his namesake. His Motivation for his Adventure in the World of Magic is proving to the world that he is the Most powerful fighter and hunter in the World of Magic, and aims to prove this by defeating the Entity that is currently Threatening the World of Magic.

A little fact regarding Phazar Bluetail; He is the name I apply to most lizard men in RPGs in which I can play as them, or have them in my party!

It Should be noted, their spritework will be showcase at a later date, but not too far into the future

See you all Next Update!

PS: I hope its fine to post Artwork and sprites that will be in the project, right?... I don't want to seem like I am a bumping threads for no reason, pft.
Last edited by TheStrawberryOctopus on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

AYYYYY yes. I approve! :P
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

mmmmeat! so are you going to replace those hands into characters'? i think it's obvious, but i hope so!
TheStrawberryOctopus

PillowBlaster wrote:Image

AYYYYY yes. I approve! :P
Oh my, You're that project Guncaster Dude!

I've seen quite a bit of your project even before I even started getting into modding; I am not surprised my Lizardman caught your eye though!
Captain J wrote:mmmmeat! so are you going to replace those hands into characters'? i think it's obvious, but i hope so!
Nawh, I am keeping the hands gloved, even with characters. I think its a nice stylistic choice!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”