Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
thonglover
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Post by thonglover »

Interesting!
Legend

Post by Legend »

Wow. This is really cool looking. Love the micky mouse aesthetic.
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

Bookmarked! I'm interested to see how this develops.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

Back again, with a new Gear Showcase;

3rd Video of the Memoir of Magic weapon showcase today, and today we will be showing off the Knights Gear!

The Knights signature Weapon, the Lance, is very different from the other signature weapons that I have shown off in the past 2 videos; its not a combo orientated weapon like the Sword or Axe, and its melee output is very weak in terms of damage. However, its usefulness comes from how versatile its alt attack is; the Lance Charge. The Lance Charge is an attack which launcher you forward to attack your foes, but can also be used to move across the map VERY quickly, as shown in the video, at 1 mana per dash too. However, when charged up (at the cost of some mana as you hold down the charge button), not only does it launch you further at a LVL2 Charge, it also has a small explosive effect too. At a LVL3 Charge, it causes a huge explosive effect which deals high damage, guaranteeing you destroy a large group of enemies around you. A LVL2 lance can only charge to a LVL2 Charge, but a LVL3 Lance can Charge to a LVL3 Charge. The Lance is the only weapon in the game that has a True Alt Attack at LVL1, where you can perform the LVL1 charge attack (You will see at the end of the video what is the alt attack for Magic Tomes, which you can do at any Tome Level!)

After the Lance, you have the Magnetic Minigun. At LVL3, its the highest damage per second weapon in the game, but at a cost; It eats up all your Alchemy ammo when using the minigun. The Magnetic Miniguns Alt attack is the Rail Cannon, which functions similar to the Red Factions Rail Gun at LVL3; You are able to shoot through walls. Due to the Nature of the Doom Engine, the Rail Laser Blast Can Snake along the roof and floor if shot correctly. at Both LVL2 and LVL3, the rail canon passes through enemies, making it a powerful, albeit slow crowd clearing weapon. Per LVL, the rate of fire of the Minigun increases.

The first Spell of Air Tome is Invisibility, which has 2 effects; You are able to sneak past enemies who have not noticed you, and also can affect the enemies aim when under the influence of this spell. While invisible, the enemies accuracy is decreased. at LVL2, the Duration of the Spell is Increased, and at LVL3 the invisibility bonus is doubled, making it much more difficult for enemies to see you.

The 2nd Spell in the Air Tome is Jump; very self explanatory, the spell doubles your jump height. At LVL3, the duration of this spell is increased.

The Last Air Tome Spell is Fly, which is also self explanatory; This spell is pretty powerful due to the areas you can reach with it, as well as the defensive capabilities of it.

I will see you again soon for the next update, which will be the Gunslinger Gear Showcase!

PS: If you noticed at the end of the video, you can see the player character clicking his fingers; the Alt Attack of Air Tomes allows you to click fingers, which serves no benefit what so ever (But can be used to alert enemies, so be careful!)
Flyingcomputer

Post by Flyingcomputer »

This looks really nice, cant wait to see how it turns out!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

SUPER ENGARDE, now you are talking about the powerful class! but those minigun's casings are way too big, though...
TheStrawberryOctopus

Octii here again, with another Weapon Gear Showcase!

Today's video will be showcasing the Gunslinger Gear, which consists of the Pistols, Flame Furnace and Fire Tome!

The first weapon to be showcased is the Pistol, which is a Revolver Pistol. Its the only Projectile Based Tier 1 Weapon out of the bunch, meaning it has the longest range of all the starting weapons (It is also the weakest however to compensate). At LVL1 and 2, the weapon is just a singular pistol, but by LVL3, you have duel wield pistols for increased firing speed (Basically doubling your damage!). The Alt Attack for the Pistols is the Riochet Shot, which bounces the projectile up to 10 times before it stops bouncing; this also acts as a pierce shot, which makes it very dangerous and deadly to use in a small room; also good however to shoot through lines of enemies.

The Second weapon in this showcase is the Flame Furnace; a Flame Thrower which fires fires which pierces through enemies, allowing you to damage large areas of enemies with the flames. With each level, the Flame Furnace Firing Range is increased, allowing you to burn more enemies at once. Its alt attack is the Furnace Rocket, which acts as a rocket launcher; at LVL3, the Rocket games very strong homing capabilities, but can become much more dangerous to use at a closer range.

The Next weapon is the Fire Tome; The First Spell in the Fire Tome is Fire Trap, which allows you to plant a sticky mine on walls and floors, which will explode if an enemy walks near the mine, or if it is shot at. Explodes for high damage once it is activated. Per LVL, the fire Tome gets cheaper to cast, which is the only spell in the game to do so.

The 2nd spell is Fury, which at LVL2 increases your damage by x1.5, and at LVL3 by x2.0. Its pretty self explanatory, but it simply acts as a damage boost!

The last spell is Haste, which increases your attack speed and run speed; I used the Shatter Shotty here to showcase the huge difference in speed when this spell is activated!

See you all again soon for the Mage Gear Showcase!

PS: During the first segment of the Fire Tome, The Gamma Rating was dark for some reason; sorry about that!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Groovy class! and are those revolvers will play the reload animation when they are out of bullets? I know it'll be disrupting, but just for awesomeness.

Also you can add more projectile trails by using fastprojectile as a base!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Captain J wrote:Groovy class! and are those revolvers will play the reload animation when they out of bullets? I know it'll be disrupting, but just for awesomeness.

Also you can add more projectile trails by using fastprojectile as a base!
Oh yes, I am trying to shrinken down the minigun bullets, but its bit difficult to alter considering the distance it has to spawn at.

Also, I know about fast projectiles, but I am not familiar with this technique you speak of. If it turns out well, I may make a better laser for the Rail Canon.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the only gun that reloads is the Shotgun. That's its "Gimmick"
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

This is looking pretty amazing, i love how the weapons are looking.
Looking forward to the mage gear showcase.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

you may wanna move the knights minigun to the right a bit so the gun is in alignment of the crosshair
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:Also, I know about fast projectiles, but I am not familiar with this technique you speak of. If it turns out well, I may make a better laser for the Rail Canon.
just put : Fastprojectile at the end of the actor's name and add Missiletype "the name of the trail it have" and MissileHeight 8 at the script pile!

if you still didn't get it, i can show you some example.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Back again, with some Dark Magic this time!

Today I will be showcasing the Mage; and what a Gear it is; So Much DARK MAGIC

The Mages signature weapon is a bladed which, which behaves quite a bit differently from other weapons. its a fully segmented weapon, which does damage all along the whip, with the tip causing extra damage, which you will hear with a special sound effect when you do. Currently, it is possible to strike enemies through the wall, but the damage will be neutered everywhere but the tip. That may change at a later date, but who knows!

It should be noted also, the whips tip does not also stack up with damage as of yet, but I maybe change that soon.

Its alt attack is simply; due to the gimmicky nature of the whip, the whip, the alt attack essentially enchances it; increasing the damage and range of the whip, including the tip damage. Per LVL, the whips strength and length increases!

The Second weapon here is the Skele-Totem; this allows you to summon skeletons to help fight along your side (It should be noted the summoning noise is me voice acting + some filters). The alt attack of the Skele-Totem casts EXPLODE UNDEAD, which allows you to explode and instantly kill Skeletons (And Only Skeletons!). The Explosion does damage, so its possible to sick a bunch of your own skeletons onto an enemy, and explode them. Per LVL, the amount of skeletons you summon increases, as well as the explode undead damage.

Last up is the Dark Tome; The first spell in the dark tome is Morphis; this spell allows you to turn an Enemy into a pig, which, when defeated, turns into a ham which you can each for 25HP; the downside to this, however, is that you will not be able to get valuable gold, which is Essentially the EXP in this game. At LVL1-3, you start firing a single projectile, then 3, then finally 5 in a wide formation to catch as many enemies as possible.

The Second Spell in the Dark Tome is Morphis Brother Spell, Myotis, which adds vampiric properties to all your attacks; you can drain the life of your enemies for a hefty mana Cost. Between LVL2 and 3, the duration of this spell increases.

The Last spell, and one of the most expensive spells in the game, and also the most DANGEROUS, is ARMAGEDDON. A huge, nuclear explosion with a huge blast radius that deals a large amount of damage, USUALLY only advised to be used in large areas due to the fact it will generally kill the player at max life with every buff possible in one hit from the blast radius alone. The only thing that keeps you safe from this spell is walls or a big, safe distance. Due to the expensive cost of this spell, only the greatest of Mages with a Max Mana count of 1000 would be able to cast spell to a maximum of 4 times before complete mana depletion.

...Honestly, this Mage seems more like a LICH.

I will see you again soon, for the final gear showcase in this series; The Clerics Gear!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

WHAT KIND OF BLACK SORCERY IS THIS?! It looks amazing!

Although a whip has lack of animations, but good work with the porkinating tome spell! It's darn retrospective since this mod seems based on the medieval fantasy!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Captain J wrote:WHAT KIND OF BLACK SORCERY IS THIS?! It looks amazing!

Although a whip has lack of animations, but good work with the porkinating tome spell! It's darn retrospective since this mod seems based on the medieval fantasy!
The whip is suppose to be more so impressive due to the actual segmented nature of it. Its Segmented like Simon Belmonts Whip, and it also moves with where ya look; Terminus was a huge help with this!

Oh yes, regarding the Trail Effects, I may as well play around with that now; I will update you Captain J with how that goes!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”