Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kodi

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Post by kodi »

I watch your thread, but there isn't usually anything to say that someone else hasn't already :P
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote: Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see the question you asked before; I been having a week break (The first break I actually had from this project in fact, pft), and I am just now checking this thread!

To Answer your question though, I didn't originally plan for there to be falling damage outside of danger pits (My mod does not have death pits, but more so areas where you fall, get teleport back up, and receive damage for doing so). Isnt fall damage usually frowned upon, or is it something worth implementing?

Also, I love it when people ask questions, especially from people who are enthusiastic of this project such as yourself; so always feel free to ask away!
Okay, I'm glad I just think too much...make me feel silly. :oops:

Hmm, sounds like damage penalty for falling down to somewhere inaccessible and send player back to play area, well...since MoM is Fantasy setting/plot/lore so I'm fine with it, even I think something like Hexen's falling damage would enough... :p
TheStrawberryOctopus wrote: The Closest you could say is Dark Messiah and Kings Field, but Kings Field is a Different beast, While Dark Messiah is unfortunately very linear, so I wanted to try my own hand at it!
I don't mind about Dark Messiah's very linear as even multi-choice of story/questline may pissed me off on some points(like: Have to make a/some/all of faction(s) to hostile/destroyed if you want complete a major faction's main questline just because fit the plots or lores, yes, Fallout:NV and Fallout 4, I'm looking both of you. :p), but if the game is good I don't mind about linear or not. :3:
TheStrawberryOctopus

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

Hello Again, and Welcome to Week 13 of the Analysis Series!

Today we will be Covering the Fire Tome And All its Spells!

Also, may I draw your Attention to the New and Improved Portrait; I decided to Sprite'i'fy the portraits so they are more seamless with the Hud!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Now he explains the fastest class in the game. And why yes? I'd like some portrait changes depends on actions just like vanilla doom, please!
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Talk about speed demon, in both senses
TheStrawberryOctopus

Also, a Heads up to people here; You Can now ALSO find me here at https://twitter.com/StrawberryOctii !
A Word of Warning though, I will be posting a bunch of my old stuff on there for awhile, and probably quite rapidly too!
So Just keep that in Mind if you decide to follow me!

Also, I will still be posting here as per usual, with the same content, its just another platform for me to do it with!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello Again, and Welcome to Week 14 of the Analysis Series!

Today we will be Covering the Water Tome And All its Spells!

Also, More New Portraits; Keep Checking them Out with every new Video!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

That shooting angel statues somehow suits him. They are small but really helpful!
MentzWolf

Post by MentzWolf »

Very interesting concept you got here Octo :D I not a huge RPG guy myself, but the game play looks excellent for a FPS/RPG hybrid!
And I really like the concept of Tomes as well; I love being able to try out different classes and see what they're all about!

Please don't take this as an insult, but for some odd reason the art style reminds me of old-school girl shows like Barbie and My Little Pony.
However there's also a very sentimental vibe I get from seeing the sprite work; it kinda took me back to the SNES era of RPGs. Very awesome!

The only gripe I have so far is that their currently isn't enough boom-sticks XD Oh well, Magic can be bad ass too...
I'm joking about the guns of course :P The only concern I have is the length of main campaign. How long do you plan it to be? I'm asking this because from the game play I see that you can kill entire hordes kinda quickly. Other than that, everything else is great!

Once I get my hands on this beauty I'll be kicking skeleton asses in no time! Fantastic work my friend, keep it up!
TheStrawberryOctopus

MensloWolf wrote:Very interesting concept you got here Octo :D I not a huge RPG guy myself, but the game play looks excellent for a FPS/RPG hybrid!
And I really like the concept of Tomes as well; I love being able to try out different classes and see what they're all about!

Please don't take this as an insult, but for some odd reason the art style reminds me of old-school girl shows like Barbie and My Little Pony.
However there's also a very sentimental vibe I get from seeing the sprite work; it kinda took me back to the SNES era of RPGs. Very awesome!

The only gripe I have so far is that their currently isn't enough boom-sticks XD Oh well, Magic can be bad ass too...
I'm joking about the guns of course :P The only concern I have is the length of main campaign. How long do you plan it to be? I'm asking this because from the game play I see that you can kill entire hordes kinda quickly. Other than that, everything else is great!

Once I get my hands on this beauty I'll be kicking skeleton asses in no time! Fantastic work my friend, keep it up!
In Terms of length, I would like it to be a MINIMUM of 6 hours. This is the bare minimum, mind you; I plan to try my best at making this as a lengthy experience as possible, but I can understand the concern for the length, as that is my concern too when it comes to mapping out areas!

When it comes to Boom Sticks, I would suggest utilizing the Alternate Ammo for the Shotgun to get the true heavy shotgun blasting experience, which has more of the traditional kick back you would expect for a shotgun to have!

Its funny you mention Snes when it comes to sprites, since most people say that!; even though my main goal was to replicate the Camelot Games kind of style (Such as Golden Sun, Shining the Holy Ark) or Tomba, I get the impression most people seem to be reminded of DKC games when they see my style, due to the pre rendered nature of it?

I am always happy to see people enthusiastic about my project, as it always inspires me!
MentzWolf

Post by MentzWolf »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:
Spoiler:
In Terms of length, I would like it to be a MINIMUM of 6 hours. This is the bare minimum, mind you; I plan to try my best at making this as a lengthy experience as possible, but I can understand the concern for the length, as that is my concern too when it comes to mapping out areas!

When it comes to Boom Sticks, I would suggest utilizing the Alternate Ammo for the Shotgun to get the true heavy shotgun blasting experience, which has more of the traditional kick back you would expect for a shotgun to have!

Its funny you mention Snes when it comes to sprites, since most people say that!; even though my main goal was to replicate the Camelot Games kind of style (Such as Golden Sun, Shining the Holy Ark) or Tomba, I get the impression most people seem to be reminded of DKC games when they see my style, due to the pre rendered nature of it?

I am always happy to see people enthusiastic about my project, as it always inspires me!
I hope I wasn't TOO enthusiastic :lol:. Now that you mentioned it, I haven't heard the name Camelot Games in a LOOONG time. I remember them for some of their Mario-theme sports titles like Mario Tennis and Golf, played the hell outta those when I was a kid, but I haven't tried a lot of their other games out (except Golden Sun and Shining Force years ago). Guess i gotta play more of their stuff to get a better understanding of what you're trying to achieve :?
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello Again, and Welcome to Week 15 of the Analysis Series!

Today we will be Covering the Light Tome And All its Spells!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

How illuminating! Those little helping lights are interesting. However, that teleporting doesn't seems to be safe. Gotta watch out when i use it in the place full of pits!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello Again, and Welcome to Week 16 of the Analysis Series!

Today we will be Covering the Earth Tome And All its Spells!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hooh now that's very powerful spells. Seems like it's almost like invincible!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”