Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Slevins

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Post by Slevins »

Wow, this looks incredible! I can't wait to see what the other classes look like.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

Slevins wrote:Wow, this looks incredible! I can't wait to see what the other classes look like.
Actually, you haven't seen any of the classes yet, just their signature weapons!

Each class has different stats; right now, you are looking at the cleric class, who has stats of 105 strength, 105 Intelligence, 105 Agilty, and 105 Defense!

It should be noted that you will be able to upgrade such things, too. I would say in terms of RPG mechanics, this game will be along the lines of System Shock 2!
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Very cool stuff, I love the shotgun! Do you have any more guns planned?
TheStrawberryOctopus

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Very cool stuff, I love the shotgun! Do you have any more guns planned?
Not Planned; They are in!

This game has 6 Tier 1 Weapons (Akin to Melee Weapons), 6 Tier 2 Weapons, and 6 Magic Tomes!
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

From the name I was half expecting another unplayable thing full of Hexen rips, but this looks good!

I haven't been proven so splendidly wrong for hours.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

phantombeta wrote:
chronoteeth wrote:
TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:In fact, this mod is not going to have any gore at all, despite the fact they will be plenty of gibs. Gibs are always satisfying, even when they is no gore.
no no, not gibs, but I think you know what I mean! Thank you for the clear up
What do you mean? O_o
along with no gibbing, there's will be no bloody, twisted, horrifying and hellish backgrounds and objects, i guess.
TheStrawberryOctopus

along with no gibbing, there's will be no bloody, twisted, horrifying and hellish backgrounds and objects, i guess.
Nope, its not that. I think the reason Chrono was asking before was because
Spoiler:
Its no biggie, however; I am making sure to keep that stuff separate from this stuff, but its not like its a big secret or anything, considering how easy it is to research that kind of stuff.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

ooh, ooooooh. now i get it. i think i saw you on tumblr blog and your artworks. but that's pretty old thing to remind, so i actually don't remember you had a tumblr blog or not, but i'm pretty sure.

anyway good to see you here again regardless!
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:
chronoteeth wrote:this is a totally terrible thing to instigate, buuut

this IS gonna be sfw, right?
Yes!
Spoiler:
In fact, this mod is not going to have any gore at all, despite the fact they will be plenty of gibs. Gibs are always satisfying, even when they is no gore.
this game's rated Everyone, as rated by ESRB. (at least comic mischief)
anyway, nice vid, kinda reminds me of the old Neo-Geo games.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Octii here again, with a 2nd Video update for the Project!

The 2nd Video update of Memoirs of Magic; This time we will be covering the Thief's Gear, which consists of the Sword, Auto Arrow and Earth Tome!

The sword is the quickest of the 3 normal melee weapons, but also the weakest (this however does not include the 3 other tier 1 weapons, one of which we will be seeing in the next video!). Its special attack carries over the theme of being quick, which involves a rapid furry stab attack of the Rapier Blade; this attack varies from LVL2 and LVL3 Sword Variations. The LVL2 variation is a single, multi hitting attack that has a slight build up, where as the LVL3 variation allows you to hold down the special attack button to continue throwing out attacks; due to this, it means it has no delay start up as well. This means you can use the LVL3 Variation either for constant, rapid damage or for quick, single hit precision attacks. I have always been a fan of rapier swords, so I was happy to include one into this game!

The Second Weapon showcased here today is the Auto Arrow; this is a automated mechanical crossbow with a slow, yes rapid, steady shooting system. Each arrow of the Auto Arrow is Poisonous, with the strength and damage of the poison increaseing with Each LVL. Each Each LVL as too, the distance the arrow travels also increases. The Auto Arrows Special Attack fires a poison grenade from the grenade launcher barrel under the arrow barrel, which, when explodes, spreads a poisonous liquid in the vicinity. Be Careful with this, however, as the poison can even affect you!

On that note, you are indicated if you have poisoned something by the poison skull cloud over the currently inflicted character.

at LVL2, the Poison Grenade does not travel far, and is not very bouncy, but at LVL3, you can bounce it against walls, which allows you to perform corner pot shots with the poison grenade.

If you are cautious about ammo consumption, the Auto Arrow is for you; as long as you are patient, a LVL3 poison arrow allows you to do some hefty damage with a single shot; you you are able to wait it out.

The Last Weapon in this showcase is the Earth Tome; like the Water Tome, you gain a new spell with each LVL of the Water Tome. The First spell you receive from this is the healing spell, Grow Food, which allows you to grow a tree with apples on it; once the food is grown, you can eat the apples for 5HP. The higher your LVL is, the more apples that will spawn from a tree when Struck.

The Second spell in the Earth Tome is Stone Skin; This spell increases your defense for a brief period of time, which allows you to take less damage when an enemy strikes you. At higher LVLs, the amount of damage you take is Reduced.

The Final Spell is Volcano; this spell summons a 3D Volcano (it should be noted at this point that this project will have a healthy mix of 3D for props, certain large entities and ALL the bosses, and a healthy mix of 2D for everything else); The Volcano can not be spawned with entities near the summoning spot, but when it is summoned, it unleashes a destructive, explosive force that damages friend or foe, so beware of its destructive power!

A another note about the Volcano is the Lava on it is also bright mapped, just like how the Skeletons Eyes glow in the Dark!

And that covers the Thief Gear. Feel free to ask any questions, and I will be happy to answer, and keep your eyes peeled for the next video, in which we will be covering the Knights Gear!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

looks brilliant, also i hope sword's secondary attack can play this(just a joke, of course!).
TheStrawberryOctopus

Captain J wrote:looks brilliant, also i hope sword's secondary attack can play this(just a joke, of course!).
Considering the Context of the Weapon, wouldn't it be more HORA HORA HORA then ATATATATA~

I am always a fan of rapid attacking battle cries, however. Its a shame the heroes of this project are going to mute!
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

this is very art-stylin'
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:I am always a fan of rapid attacking battle cries, however. Its a shame the heroes of this project are going to mute!
no worries, because kenshiro's battlecry is always plays in my head when someone's rapid attacking with speed of light!

anyway again, i want to play this. with tough difficulty! it looks easy because of those skeletons seems to be the easy victims.
TheStrawberryOctopus

no worries, because kenshiro's battlecry is always plays in my head when someone's rapid attacking with speed of light!

anyway again, i want to play this. with tough difficulty! it looks easy because of those skeletons seems to be the easy victims.
Skeletons are one of the two weak cannon fodder foes. I am actually working on the other cannon fodder foe as we speak!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”