Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

PlayerLin wrote:Awesome, the Human Cleric's design reminds me about Bowie from Shining Force 2(just can't unsee that! :P). Can't wait to see your next update!

Damn, I already got hyped by this awesomeness! :D
He is heavily inspired by the hero of the shining Force Series, including Bowie!

oh yes, 4 of the 6 characters are fully sprited out, Working on the Imp now, so only a few more days!

Also, the game has changed a bit since the original visuals; some weapons are completely different now, decals, more effects, etc. I may have to make a video in regards to that.

Also, I have found a fantastic Midi composer now, who is working on the OST as we speak. I will most likely upload the OST here as it gets produced!
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

so i know that your still developing the sprites for the cast but i wanna share an idea:
what if the intro of the game there is a writing that say's:
"In a world where lizards, skeletons, humans, demons, birds and other spieces lived togheter in a big land full of many secrets and treasure! aldo 1 day an evil force come into the world treatening the land for is domination. 5 heroes decide to go togheter in a quest to kill this evil creature and is minions and gain some treasure along the way."
TheStrawberryOctopus

Redead-ITA wrote:so i know that your still developing the sprites for the cast but i wanna share an idea:
what if the intro of the game there is a writing that say's:
"In a world where lizards, skeletons, humans, demons, birds and other spieces lived togheter in a big land full of many secrets and treasure! aldo 1 day an evil force come into the world treatening the land for is domination. 5 heroes decide to go togheter in a quest to kill this evil creature and is minions and gain some treasure along the way."
The plot is essentially going to be pretty simple like that, yes!

Also, its funny you bumped the thread today; I actually pretty much finished all the character sprites right now. It was HELL

I am gonna start showing off the characters in a day or two, along with their sprited portraits for the hud, so Get ready for that when it comes!

Oh yes, it should be noted that the villain is not a creature, but a "Person". It will all be clear soon!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

heh, i really like the idea that humans are always villainous along with star wars and undertale's bad ending. good choice.

EDIT:
TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:He's not Human, either!

You will all see soon!
lemme guess, half monster half human?
Last edited by Captain J on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Captain J wrote:heh, i really like the idea that humans are always villainous along with star wars and undertale's bad ending. good choice.
He's not Human, either!

You will all see soon!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello Again!
I wanted to share some of my sprite work with you guys, considering that all the hero sprites are now complete!

I will be showcasing the walking sprites over the course of the next few days, then some of the enemy types, before showing it all in action. The Game has had quite a few changes since the original videos I created, so I hope its something to look forward to!

I hope its not an issue posting spritwork. I don't want to seem like something so minor is bump worthy, pft.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

You really knocked out that player rotation, excellent work.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Abba Zabba wrote:You really knocked out that player rotation, excellent work.
It should be noted, these sprites are actually rendered 3D models, so the rotation aspect is not so difficult!

I wanted this game to have a Tomba/Golden Sun kind of look to it, and I think its safe to say I achieved that!

I-I Hope.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I think you did. Models generally are the way to go, anyway. But I mostly was referring to the number of frames and how clean it is.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:It should be noted, these sprites are actually rendered 3D models, so the rotation aspect is not so difficult!
Now THAT, is flawless. seriously can't wait for the next one!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Spritework of Zandro Doom now!

This is actually not his “Melee” sprite, since his arms are hidden in his Melee Weapon State. So instead, I am showing off his “Gun” weapon state as well, which has him donning the Skele-Totem!
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

Man, gotta love how the shading is so smooth between frames.
fluff

Post by fluff »

The quality of these is insane. Now I definitely can't wait to see some new gameplay footage.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Now I will be showcasing the Packrat Thiefs sprite!

Now, you are probably wondering; “Where are his eyes, all I see is blue dots!”

All characters eyes glow in the dark, and since this sprite is at its full b right setting, you can not see his eyes due to the white nature of his fur. You will however see his Eyes soon when I make a new video showcasing the updates!

This is his melee state; he unsheathes his sword at the same time as his melee swing; his hand always on his blade!

Oh yes, maybe one of you guys can help me out of something. They is a certain 3D projectiles I am working on, and I need it to adjust to he pitch of the player when its fired out; Anyone have any suggestions on how I can do that?
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote: Oh yes, maybe one of you guys can help me out of something. They is a certain 3D projectiles I am working on, and I need it to adjust to he pitch of the player when its fired out; Anyone have any suggestions on how I can do that?
Check out the PITCHFROMMOMENTUM or the INHERITACTORPITCH MODELDEF flags. One of those may help you out.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/MODELDEF#Flags
Last edited by Scotty on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”