Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
oldschoolgamer1983

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Post by oldschoolgamer1983 »

Amazing looking mod you made buddy. Looking forward to a first release. :)
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Small note: four of the hero images in the OP are broken links, but you can fix them pretty easily if you change the "41" at the start of the URLs to "40".
TheStrawberryOctopus

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

Shadow Hog wrote:Small note: four of the hero images in the OP are broken links, but you can fix them pretty easily if you change the "41" at the start of the URLs to "40".
Thank you for bringing it to my attention; Its quite a tedious thing, but sometimes these things tend to become broken. I should really start adding the new videos to the front page, since it seems people still check those out!
oldschoolgamer1983 wrote:Amazing looking mod you made buddy. Looking forward to a first release. :)
I am hoping to get a demo out soon, but I cant really say when; I am hoping in a couple of months from now!
PlayerLin wrote:I wonder if those tracking bullets can't find a valid target(get blocked or too far away) can be shoot to/ricochet to then what'll happens? :p
The bullets tend to do 2 things if they can't find a target; they either just collide into the wall and die, or bounce off and shoot towards the player (it doesn't damage them though, its just the nature of the code!)
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello Again, and Welcome to Week 11 of the Analysis Series!

Today we will be Covering the Mage Gear, his stats AND passive abilities!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

So much elemental! But it seems shards don't perfectly hit the enemy up close.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

The concept art for the characters is really adorable, I love it! Especially the lil' Impish Gunslinger...
Mitcho

Post by Mitcho »

Hey, Hello!

This mod looking good!
Have featured RPG elementes?
How this works? :D
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello Again, and Welcome to Week 12 (Technically Week 13 but I was a bit late!) of the Analysis Series!

Today we will be Covering the Knight Gear, his stats AND passive abilities!

A heads up tho, due to this being late, It does mean I Will TRY and get the next video up tomorrow!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Too bad he can't throw lance at those skeletons.... But he sure does deadly fencing!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Captain J wrote:Too bad he can't throw lance at those skeletons.... But he sure does deadly fencing!
Funnily enough, that was a scrapped idea for his secondary attack mechanic, which was removed due to being too similar to the warriors Throwing Axe Ability!
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:
Captain J wrote:Too bad he can't throw lance at those skeletons.... But he sure does deadly fencing!
Funnily enough, that was a scrapped idea for his secondary attack mechanic, which was removed due to being too similar to the warriors Throwing Axe Ability!
Yeah, too bad. But the new one just awesome than the throwing lance if you ask me, being able jump to everywhere... :D

Wait, it seems there is no falling damage at this mod, right? I know I did asked but got no answer directly so I can only guess it's not as I watched these videos, I hope you do not mind about my silly question and guessing. :p
TheStrawberryOctopus

PlayerLin wrote:
Yeah, too bad. But the new one just awesome than the throwing lance if you ask me, being able jump to everywhere... :D

Wait, it seems there is no falling damage at this mod, right? I know I did asked but got no answer directly so I can only guess it's not as I watched these videos, I hope you do not mind about my silly question and guessing. :p
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see the question you asked before; I been having a week break (The first break I actually had from this project in fact, pft), and I am just now checking this thread!

To Answer your question though, I didn't originally plan for there to be falling damage outside of danger pits (My mod does not have death pits, but more so areas where you fall, get teleport back up, and receive damage for doing so). Isnt fall damage usually frowned upon, or is it something worth implementing?

Also, I love it when people ask questions, especially from people who are enthusiastic of this project such as yourself; so always feel free to ask away!
Mitcho wrote:Hey, Hello!

This mod looking good!
Have featured RPG elementes?
How this works? :D
This game does feature RPG Elements, but they are more akin to System Shock 2/Zeldas progression, where you find items to increase your stats. Its more Closer to System Shock 2, where you need gold to upgrade the main stats, but they are also items which acts as modifiers. I have yet to show these items off yet, but they is 3 sets of equippable rings in these game with their own unique catergories (Gold Rings, which Affect Money, Regen Rings, which Regenerate Mana, Health or Alchemy and Cursed Rings, which drastically switch around one of your stats at the cost of nasty side effects!)

The main idea of this project is basically to make a System Shock 2 Kind of Experience (Albeit not as Slow!) in a Fantasy Setting, so that should give everyone a rough idea of what I am aiming for!
kodi

Post by kodi »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:The main idea of this project is basically to make a System Shock 2 Kind of Experience (Albeit not as Slow!) in a Fantasy Setting, so that should give everyone a rough idea of what I am aiming for!
Well that just turned the hype level from 10 to 11 :wub:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Heck, if we don't need to remove items from the inventory, we might get some collector's fun!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Captain J wrote:Heck, if we don't need to remove items from the inventory, we might get some collector's fun!
They are actually collectables, but I will go into those at another time; they are completely optional however, and are located in every secret area!
kodi wrote:Well that just turned the hype level from 10 to 11 :wub:
Long Time no See Kodi!

I actually thought it was common knowledge System Shock 2 was a huge inspiration for this. The main reason for this is that they are not many games with this kind of gameplay in a fantasy setting; The Closest you could say is Dark Messiah and Kings Field, but Kings Field is a Different beast, While Dark Messiah is unfortunately very linear, so I wanted to try my own hand at it!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”